• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

KillGore

So speaking of win streaks, is there like an official table showing how much the win streak raises the SR? Does it start on the second win streak or another number

Also, does a losing streak affect the SR lost?

Sometimes I feel like I die too much with Zarya without making use of her regenerating shield. I improved the timing of my barriers, but I still struggle with surviving. I mean I once had a 28 kill streak in Volskaya defense against a good group, but my recent games are inconsistent. I don't know how to carry with Zarya. I switch to her when I am forced to tank with Rein and I feel like my team needs more damage; it works sometimes.

Sometimes I feel like I die too much with Zarya without making use of her regenerating shield. I improved the timing of my barriers, but I still struggle with surviving. I mean I once had a 28 kill streak in Volskaya defense against a good group, but my recent games are inconsistent. I don't know how to carry with Zarya. I switch to her when I am forced to tank with Rein and I feel like my team needs more damage; it works sometimes.
Positioning, holding personal shield as long as possible, keeping high charge by shielding your stupid teammates when they dive/"flank" and also (unfortunately) you kind of need a healer of some kind in my experience.
wtf i knew i wasnt crazy when it happened. Why remove such a good thing blizz :(
Yeah, it's really annoying.

Jellie

You can use your projeceted barrier after to get somebody to body block for you while your shields regen.

kirblar

Mystery Heroes is great for teaching you new heroes. Also, for teaching you who you should never pick w/ a 10 foot pole. (For me, Genji.)

Skii

I honestly don't understand when people say they learn heroes from playing Mystery heroes. It's arguably the worst environment for learning new heroes.

I honestly don't understand when people say they learn heroes from playing Mystery heroes. It's arguably the worst environment for learning new heroes.
It might be good to learn the buttons, lol. But yeah, it's bad for learning character interactions because it's just a clusterfuck.

RemiLP

My main account that I've had since the start is stuck in platinum, 2700-2900. I use that to play with coworkers/friends and sometimes solo q. I have another account that I started once I learned how to play the game. That one sits anywhere between 3700-4000s.

I can't for the life of me push my main account out of platinum. Blizz matchmaking hates me once I hit 2900.

Wow, thats so depressing. Had no idea the ranking system was that bad.

Haha, thats the best thing iv seen today :p Im gona start using that as an insult aswell

kirblar

It's a low-pressure environment where everyone is expecting to get LOL 3 Torbs on D RNG'd at some point that forces you out of your comfort zone and also gives you practice on heroes you're awful on.

Getting Pharah in Mystery Heroes helped me a lot w/ getting her controls down, to the point where she's one of my most played heroes now.

25 points away from reaching Diamond on my alt on PS4. Have had much better games than my main that has dropped below 2500 because of last season.

Anyone else on PS4 right now that's around the same range want to help me cement this promotion?

PSN: TheYoungLiar

edit: promoted and vindicated

also y'all can still add me if you need another body that can play most roles except defense

It's a low-pressure environment where everyone is expecting to get LOL 3 Torbs on D RNG'd at some point that forces you out of your comfort zone and also gives you practice on heroes you're awful on.

Getting Pharah in Mystery Heroes helped me a lot w/ getting her controls down, to the point where she's one of my most played heroes now.
I try not to tilt in this game, but it kills me when players suicide until they get their gold weapon char. It's like... why are you even here? Suicides (or at least pre-match ones) should just leave you with the same char.

I almost never communicate, been trying to work on that... But in the heat of the moment push to talk seems like too much effort. Also, my custom key bindings (like mapping push to talk to a mouse thumb button) is strangely unreliable.

Do you folks go open mic? Maybe with mute toggle? And do you have any problem with chat-related custom key bindings?

I almost never communicate, been trying to work on that... But in the heat of the moment push to talk seems like too much effort. Also, my custom key bindings (like mapping push to talk to a mouse thumb button) is strangely unreliable.

Do you folks go open mic? Maybe with mute toggle? And do you have any problem with chat-related custom key bindings?

I do open mic with mute toggle on my mouse. But that's just me. I only call my teammates something offensive on accident every dozen or so games.

LiK

Woo, got Rein shield trophy. Didn't think that would happen. Also PotG. That's a first with Rein. 😂

25 points away from reaching Diamond on my alt on PS4. Have had much better games than my main that has dropped below 2500 because of last season.

Anyone else on PS4 right now that's around the same range want to help me cement this promotion?

PSN: TheYoungLiar

edit: promoted and vindicated

also y'all can still add me if you need another body that can play most roles except defense

I'll add you on my alt account, if you're down for some games. I'm at 3109, tank and support main.

Anyone feel free to add me. PSN ScrubTactician

DevilDog

Put the key to Caps Lock

LiK

Did pretty well today even if we lost. I was on fire and even got MVP with 84% in a match . My aim is on point. Well def do Comp again soon. Maybe tomorrow or this weekend.

I was almost on 2800sr, then, matchmaking screws me big time and I lost 7 games in a row.

I swear this game doesn't want me to go above the 3000's.

Apathy

Random hero brawl always amazes me of how bad some people can be at this game. I don't understand what is so hard about playing someone other then their main

komaruR

It might be good to learn the buttons, lol. But yeah, it's bad for learning character interactions because it's just a clusterfuck.

the need more PvE like junkenstein revenge. those actually help the most to ultilize the heros.

Did pretty well today even if we lost. I was on fire and even got MVP with 84% in a match . My aim is on point. Well def do Comp again soon. Maybe tomorrow or this weekend.

prolly should do a stack for the weekend comp. take advantage of the enmy having bad teammates like how people kept complaining weekend comp is a shitshow lol.

I'm playing some on my alt account if anyone wants to start an NA PC group. I'm sitting at like mid plat or something.
POPESTAR#11658

cyborg009

Banned
This season in a nutshell for me
Be a team player = defeat
Play a character I'm decent at = 3 gold medals and a draw
Throw a game = Victory.

l2ounD

I wish this game had a download match system, similar to CS:GO
POTG is nice but being able to rewatch a match or highlights of the whole is an awesome missing feature.

KillGore

Guess I'm not reaching diamond tonight. 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses. Last match someone left, this sucks.

Wish they didnt punish you the same way if there was a leaver.

just try to avoid tilting your teammates too much, otherwise they'll rage and/or AFK since they all think they're the next ones who deserve diamond/master/grandmaster.

SSD's are great for insta locks.

it was good. then i realized i was downloading a windows update. but now i'm all patched up. i'm ready to lucio it up!

practiced with pharah during QP. haven't touched her since maybe before S1 started? she feels good still.

AbaFadi

Banned
I'm playing on an alt on ps4 to practice dps and got placed at 3300. Also, I'm sorry for anyone who has to play at this rank. So many throwers and people who have no clue what they're doing. I don't even see how a lot of these guys made masters.

I've played with Harry, Silkthread, and Waffle in comp all the time and think they are all great guys as far as personality goes... but everything about their team - from the name to their pug-level gameplay - is borderline insulting. :/ It's not very exciting as a viewer to basically watch them to either win by getting early picks often or just get smashed by a team that has actual cohesion and strategy.

aeolist

Banned

get more used to ducking in and out, you have to be willing to run like a bitch and hide until you have some shields and cooldowns again. baiting your team is good too, working around their rhythms and pull back when they're going in so you can hang out behind and toss in shields and damage.

hypernima

Banned
I've played with Harry, Silkthread, and Waffle in comp all the time and think they are all great guys as far as personality goes... but everything about their team - from the name to their pug-level gameplay - is borderline insulting. :/ It's not very exciting as a viewer to basically watch them to either win by getting early picks often or just get smashed by a team that has actual cohesion and strategy.

I'm confused, are their personalities bad? and silkthread streams?

I'm playing on an alt on ps4 to practice dps and got placed at 3300. Also, I'm sorry for anyone who has to play at this rank. So many throwers and people who have no clue what they're doing. I don't even see how a lot of these guys made masters.

Can we please play some QP scrims? I've been using your advice a lot and comp and would like to see a decent judgement of it.

Top Bottom