• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | GIF & WEBM Thread

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Found this one on my hard drive...from 2012 :(

WelloffMisguidedHornet.gif

Here we are 2 years after, and nothing has changed :(

Chaostar

Another quick one before I go to bed, just pasted parts of two gifs together for this so I'm not taking credit
blame

RedSoreChimpanzee.gif

The Flash

Banned
Another quick one before I go to bed, just pasted parts of two gifs together for this so I'm not taking credit
blame

RedSoreChimpanzee.gif

This one doesn't make sense. I get what it's trying to say but... yeah. At least put Phil's face in the second half if you're going to kill him again.

Chaostar

This one doesn't make sense. I get what it's trying to say but... yeah. At least put Phil's face in the second half if you're going to kill him again.

Yeah it was a rush job, although the guy in the second gif is a bit far away to stick Phil's face on. Meh, close enough for 3 am :)

Caayn

I don't get what some people's obsession is with gifs that kill/beat-up/etc people. Some can be funny and I get the point, like the one where Balmer shoots Mattrick, but this one with the shark is totally unneeded.

Chaostar

I don't get what some people's obsession is with gifs that kill/beat-up/etc people. Some can be funny and I get the point, like the one where Balmer shoots Mattrick, but this one with the shark is totally unneeded.

Uneeded? Erm, tell me, what gif would be needed?

Yeah, maybe I went too violent to be funny for some but it really shouldn't be taken personally or seriously.

Maybe I should make a gif of Phil being a hero or frolicking in a flower filled meadow to balance things out before I touch more nerves.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Uneeded? Erm, tell me, what gif would be needed?

Yeah, maybe I went too violent to be funny for some but it really shouldn't be taken personally or seriously.

Maybe I should make a gif of Phil being a hero or frolicking in a flower filled meadow to balance things out before I touch more nerves.

Have him swoop down in a wal-mart, grab the kinect and replace the sign with $399, everyone cheers, then switch to frolicking in a flower filled meadow with proper lens flare and bloom, with some reason to be happy in the background (Kinectless SKU yayyy).

The problem isn't really the violence, just that having violence on its own doesn't necessarily make it funny. This one's kind of like America's Funniest Home Videos tier. Haha he was doing his thing but then he got eaten by a shark. Maybe if it was a shark with a Kaz face.

Bad GIF example - big spoiler for The Walking Dead game Season 2 ep 3.
Take the scene where they're bashing the bad guy's face in with a crowbar and replace the faces of the attacker and victim with your people of choice
. Don't do that. It might make for a technically impressive GIF but the message is wrong.

Worst GIF example: take a random real life video of a store robbery and shooting and put their faces in.

Chaostar

Have him swoop down in a wal-mart, grab the kinect and replace the sign with $399, everyone cheers, then switch to frolicking in a flower filled meadow with proper lens flare and bloom, with some reason to be happy in the background (Kinectless SKU yayyy).

The problem isn't really the violence, just that having violence on its own doesn't necessarily make it funny. This one's kind of like America's Funniest Home Videos tier. Haha he was doing his thing but then he got eaten by a shark. Maybe if it was a shark with a Kaz face.

Take the scene where they're bashing the bad guy's face in with a crowbar and replace the faces of the attacker and victim with your people of choice
. Don't do that. It might make for a technically impressive GIF but the message is wrong.

Worst GIF example: take a random real life video of a store robbery and shooting and put their faces in.

That sounds awesome and probably beyond my meager skills. So here's Phil overcoming the limitations of the Xbone hardware and leading the Xbox kids to the safety of MrXmedia's page of undeniable facts...

UnimportantLimitedAiredale.gif

munchie64

God damn it. You ruined the surprise gif I was making :(

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
That sounds awesome and probably beyond my meager skills. So here's Phil overcoming the limitations of the Xbone hardware and leading the Xbox kids to the safety of MrXmedia's page of undeniable facts...

http://giant.gfycat.com/UnimportantLimitedAiredale.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ha, that works. Could do the same thing with someone running a hurdles race if you have a bunch of points for them to hop over. (either carry through to delusional victory or trip up vs a particularly tough hurdle/point)

[quote="munchie64, post: 113615515"]God damn it. You ruined the surprise gif I was making :([/QUOTE]

Aww. I think the concept can be saved though. Could have the victim be a Kinect, for example, and then you get different nuances depending on who the attacker is.

Well, that's enough commenting without producing for me. Are people using Adobe Premiere for the high quality ones, or is there another program that's easier to use?

Chaostar

I'm not feeling the hype enough gaf, come on, only two weeks to go! All aboard the last train to E3, who knows if it'll ever reach it's destination? I believe.

VigorousPoshAmericancreamdraft.gif

Guerrilla

Ok, this took waaaay too much work for a gif ;) The cuts are a bit fast at times and some stuff is a little rough but it's too big as it is already...

ztmyni.gif

fasTRapid

Banned
Ok, this took waaaay too much work for a gif ;) The cuts are a bit fast at times and some stuff is a little rough but it's too big as it is already...
That's great. At first I thought it was just another Phil Spencer delusionist GIF but the end is killing it.

Does Gaf have some sort of GIF kit? You know, full of the big name guys pictures so as to quickly acquire the faces? If not someone needs to make one.

Top Bottom