• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

Just to give a quick recap on the matter of mapping Steam tags, Annubis was intrigued that Metroidvania and e-sports appeared so close on the map. It could be that these two tags are closer than we would think in terms of occurrences of other tags in conjunction with them. Or it also could be that one should not read too much into 2D mappings of Steam tags.

I wouldn't worry too much about steam tags. I always thought that steam tags were a big chaotic when I started to see jokes tags applied to certain games.

Like for example. I search for RPGs games and see what I get as result:

https://steamdb.info/instantsearch/...0&dFR[appType][0]=Game&fR[tags][0]=RPG&is_v=1

- Euro Truck Sim 2 (RPG).

That's something I hope Valve fixes in the near future. Tagging and filtering are mostly the most inconvenience features I can find on steam.

Also, as a side note

6lTBGcV.png

It must be an error, right?

I miss this thread during sales.

Bought absolutely nothing, can't afford to put a single cent into non-essential stuff. Life is good.

Hektor

Why would anyone delete games from their library only to restore them sometime later?

I mean, that's just another redundant work for the customer service. They could just disable the deleting games feature entirely and nothing of value will lost for both party.

I never understood why some people feel the need to delete them at all when you can just put them into a trash category or make them invisible.

Fighting the urge not to boot up Fallout NV and download a bunch of mods again.

I just bought Darkest Dungeon and Morder and I feel like I should continue playing those.

tumblr_o7rk6zd72U1v74dwxo1_540.png

Kaleinc

Banned
Why would anyone delete games from their library only to restore them sometime later?

I mean, that's just another redundant work for the customer service. They could just disable the deleting games feature entirely and nothing of value will lost for both party.
You delete and restore stuff completely autonomously and it's one of few useful steam features.

Sarcasm

I just bought NV in the steam sale. What are some essential mods that don't alter the gameplay too much?

None really. I would get the JSawyer mod and iron sights. Stutter one if you get that. But I would play vanilla as its good that way too.

Tizoc

A reminder that Fate/Extella is getting a Steam release.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401522

This is a Musou style game based on the Fate franchise. If you like Musou style games, consider getting it, but be advised that you shouldn't expect similar story quality to say Fate/Zero, as the main 3 characters are waifu pandering to the fucking max.
Also Sabre (Artoria) is a secret character that you need to unlock.

Note that the DLC are just alt. costumes so you don't really need them :X

I just bought NV in the steam sale. What are some essential mods that don't alter the gameplay too much?

http://www.pcgamer.com/25-best-fallout-new-vegas-mods/

This is a pretty decent list of the essentials, you should sift through it and choose what you want. here's my personal go to

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34832/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42666/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39651/?

I'd stay away from Project Nevada if you want to experience the vanilla game first.

I never understood why some people feel the need to delete them at all when you can just put them into a trash category or make them invisible.

It is basically just for peace of mind.
I've had my categories wiped enough times that I don't want to rely on a category for cordoning off junk, and I use the hidden "category" to shelve games that I am actually done with (which survives wipes). "Permanently" removing junk means not having to deal with it again unless explicitly chose to do so.

Ascheroth

A reminder that Fate/Extella is getting a Steam release.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401522

This is a Musou style game based on the Fate franchise. If you like Musou style games, consider getting it, but be advised that you shouldn't expect similar story quality to say Fate/Zero, as the main 3 characters are waifu pandering to the fucking max.
Also Sabre (Artoria) is a secret character that you need to unlock.

Note that the DLC are just alt. costumes so you don't really need them :X
It doesn't sound like a good deal though.
Yikes. They are really trying to milk that PC crowd. Even with a 20% discount on the DLC, you're looking at paying about $87 to get what Switch users are getting for $60 (or $48 if you have Prime or GCU). And they don't even have to pay for any physical manufacturing!

Mivey

As far as I understand this feature was specifically added to Steam just to deal with Bad Rats licensees.
If Steam just removes it from the store, they could avoid this entire mess.

Tizoc

It doesn't sound like a good deal though.

Wow that is lame. Well one can wait for a Steam sale in this case :p

Anyways here's a little appetizer before the main giveaway ;)
EDIT: Ah I should've mentioned a few of these MIGHT already be redeemed so I apologize in advance if they are :( Humble isn't always clear on which keys are used and not.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ame no Marginal -- MB-669E7B0A84277A40 - Taken by famfrit. 6 entrants total.
Gods will be watching -- MB-010CCE62EB81B95B - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru Part 1 -- MB-E495095C7149A2A2 - Taken by madjoki. 9 entrants total.
Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru Part 2 -- MB-7B2A0CC8103CF52C - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 8 entrants total.
Japanese School Life -- MB-DB5C199F8A81653C - Taken by Jadax. 5 entrants total.
Jumpjet Rex -- MB-76414461014170E8

KARAKARA -- MB-E6CCDA737EFA02AA
Memory's Dogma CODE:01 -- MB-362F60AC668B6A9D - Taken by data. 6 entrants total.
No time to explain remastered -- MB-3505F1253D213D10 - Taken by famfrit. 1 entrants total.
Party Hard -- MB-B10696F6918ED8D7 - Taken by lazerfox. 2 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent 2 Telltale Key -- MB-10E467702AAD96FF - Taken by kulapik. 1 entrants total.
Road to Ballhalla -- MB-8139CAD2349BF254
Secret in Story -- MB-1E929326034BF6B2 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
qzNSxgo.jpg
Small Radios Big Televisions -- MB-AC245DD23E1116B1 - Taken by Zeeman. 2 entrants total.
Super Rude Bear Resurrection -- MB-C0041A3C9E6B9458 - Taken by arts&crafts. 2 entrants total.

The Last Time -- MB-E40046632F3E623B - Taken by Mikurden. 3 entrants total.
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 -- MB-88E98FFA82FF82E5 - Taken by Vuze. 7 entrants total.
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.02 -- MB-75A16AB7F697F540 - Taken by Tonton. 9 entrants total.
Wasted -- MB-0171A33679E6304D - Taken by Mike Bison. 1 entrants total.
fault milestone one -- MB-0901CD4B3AD7482C - Taken by Cels. 3 entrants total.

t1499347783z1.png

Ascheroth

Starting the thread with an animu giveaway to stay on topic, I see.

World End Economica is very good. But only if you have the all three episodes. Episode 1 alone is mediocre for a good while before it picks up towards the end.

Tizoc

Starting the thread with an animu giveaway to stay on topic, I see.

World End Economica is very good. But only if you have the all three episodes. Episode 1 alone is mediocre for a good while before it picks up towards the end.

Haha blame that on ModBot's random pickings ;P

Monooboe

Unexplored is so good! Though I do get CTD quite often and the load time is quite long on my computer. Still, highly recommended even at full price!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
first this kinda (for me) lame sale and now my game count is down like 50 games or so... meh...
not feeling steam at the moment...

but nice to have the thread back :)

Tizoc

I'd really like it if DanganRonpa AE could be modded, it's puzzle shooter concept can result in some interesting set ups if given the opportunity.

fantomena

Ordered yesterday a Surface Pro 4 for studying and work. Will mainly use it to write, note in class, Spotify, web browsing and Netflix/HBO. Perhaps play some indie games on Steam like Rimworld and Isaac, but it's mainly for work.

Always just owned a big fat shitty dinosaur laptop from school which I got for free 4 years ago or so. Gonna be a nice change. The laptop is so shitty by the time it has started and opened Word for noting, the teacher has passed the first 3 PP presentation pages. So I need something quick with mobility.

It's too late to buy games... Went to the Steam page for Kindergarten again (which I should've just bought during the Summer sale when I saw it in my discovery queue) when Enhanced Steam showed that it was still $3.49 plus a 5% off code on WingameStore only to realize after buying it that, first it wasn't a Steam key which was annoying but okay but then I further realize the Kindergarten on WinGameStore isn't even the same game.

87XtTEk.gif

KainXVIII

EDIT: Ah I should've mentioned a few of these MIGHT already be redeemed so I apologize in advance if they are :( Humble isn't always clear on which keys are used and not.

image.jpg

Jadax

Buy Morrowind.
Install.
Want mods, go check nexusmods - awesome.
Apparently NMM sucks for this game, so have to do it manually - no problem! Still excited!
Visit STEP.
So many mods to download and install manually. Starting to regret this.
Already spent 2+ hrs doing it.
Not even half way done. Now actively avoiding installing mods.
gg

Unexplored is so good! Though I do get CTD quite often and the load time is quite long on my computer. Still, highly recommended even at full price!

The dev patches the game pretty rapidly, so report whatever crashes you can. Or maybe just mention it on the forums.

e.g. there was an unidentified potion crash after the last big release, and I believe it was fixed within 24 hours.

Milamber

Buy Morrowind.
Install.
Want mods, go check nexusmods - awesome.
Apparently NMM sucks for this game, so have to do it manually - no problem! Still excited!
Visit STEP.
So many mods to download and install manually. Starting to regret this.
Already spent 2+ hrs doing it.
Not even half way done. Now actively avoiding installing mods.
gg

But half the fun of ES games are the installing of mods.

Zeknurn

It's too late to buy games... Went to the Steam page for Kindergarten again (which I should've just bought during the Summer sale when I saw it in my discovery queue) when Enhanced Steam showed that it was still $3.49 plus a 5% off code on WingameStore only to realize after buying it that, first it wasn't a Steam key which was annoying but okay but then I further realize the Kindergarten on WinGameStore isn't even the same game.

87XtTEk.gif

I'm sorry but thanks for the laugh. I've done my mistakes when buying keys but this is on another level.

I have fun in it but i have not progress past 4th level in 5 hours...tips please.

A general tip I would give is to fully explore a level before stepping through portals, walking into ominous rooms, or changing floors. There's occasions where the game will foreshadow misery by giving you a glimpse of what's ahead. And of course, try to check for hidden areas, or refer to the journal for tips on the best places to go.

Also, don't be afraid to figure out what unidientified potions you have on you. Throwing them at enemies is generally useful, but for explosive potions a wall will work too. If you have a bunch of one, it may be benficial, so consider trying it for yourself first. Refer to what you have identified to have an idea of the odds of it being beneficial or harmful. (This works for scrolls, too.) Knowledge is powerful in Unexplored.

And for combat, throwing daggers (well, ranged weapons in general) are your friend. Avoiding small hits here and there can give you a lot of health in the long run. In a similar vein, if there's enemies not worth fighting (that pond filled with prianhas miiiight have something worth trudging through it, but probably not) then maybe it is better left unexplored. At times the potential for loot or knowledge is outweighted by the need to survive. I know this runs contrary to my first tip, but it's true. Plus, you never know--you may find something that helps you later, and you can always come back.

Yeah, I don't believe it.

Only 36 hours left before the game supposedly releases.

I remember a few years(?) ago when Cleve was down to fixing "micro" issues in preparation of an imminent release, but according to his updates on Steam he is currently "[making] sure that all spells have some sort of visual effect". So my money is on another delay. And then another. And another.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Chroma Squad -- MB-0128476829F33213
Odallus The Dark Call -- MB-CD3D66E7C72C7204 - Taken by Orakio Rob

Sarcasm

A general tip I would give is to fully explore a level before stepping through portals, walking into ominous rooms, or changing floors. There's occasions where the game will foreshadow misery by giving you a glimpse of what's ahead. And of course, try to check for hidden areas, or refer to the journal for tips on the best places to go.

Also, don't be afraid to figure out what unidientified potions you have on you. Throwing them at enemies is generally useful, but for explosive potions a wall will work too. If you have a bunch of one, it may be benficial, so consider trying it for yourself first. Refer to what you have identified to have an idea of the odds of it being beneficial or harmful. (This works for scrolls, too.) Knowledge is powerful in Unexplored.

And for combat, throwing daggers (well, ranged weapons in general) are your friend. Avoiding small hits here and there can give you a lot of health in the long run. In a similar vein, if there's enemies not worth fighting (that pond filled with prianhas miiiight have something worth trudging through it, but probably not) then maybe it is better left unexplored. At times the potential for loot or knowledge is outweighted by the need to survive. I know this runs contrary to my first tip, but it's true. Plus, you never know--you may find something that helps you later, and you can always come back.

What I have been doing..I just suck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom