• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Jerry truly a phony?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
u4sS9r8.gif

I thought this was about the GOAT mouse Jerry but instead, it's a sitcom I never even heard of.

Wait, what? You've never heard of Seinfeld? What the fuck?

Hmm, maybe it's the show my Media Studies teacher kept trying to claim was amazing. Before my time I guess.

Before your time? What?

whether you like seinfeld or friends more s a pretty good litmus test to see if you're a good person

true story, i came out as a Seinfeld fan at work and the two other people in the room stared at me like i'm crazy, then proceeded to talk about how amazing Friends is...

i thought i knew them :/

NateDrake

Why is Friends even in here? That show sucks. Seinfeld, Cheers, and Frasier are a trio of awesomeness.

Elaine was the true phony with her fake orgasms.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
true story, i came out as a Seinfeld fan at work and the two other people in the room stared at me like i'm crazy, then proceeded to talk about how amazing Friends is...

i thought i knew them :/

Lol.

Maybe it's because I am Asian and Seinfeld it's not something that is commonly known here, but I also don't find it that funny. I enjoyed FRIENDS a lot more, hahaha.

*ducks*

VegiHam

I swear I only ever hear about Seinfeld on GAF; it was never on TV when I was a kid. Tom and Jerry was on the cartoon channels, Fraiser and Friends were both floating around in endless repeats on Sky, but no Seinfeld.

Qasiel

You know this thread got me thinking. There is a Jerry who is a phoney under our noses the whole time.
4HvHyou.jpg

I honestly thought this was going to be a Jerry Smith thread.

I know of Seinfeld but have never felt the need to watch it, especially because it gets such adoration from Gaf and Gaf recommendations have been more miss than hit with me.

Kayhan

I honestly thought this was going to be a Jerry Smith thread.

I know of Seinfeld but have never felt the need to watch it, especially because it gets such adoration from Gaf and Gaf recommendations have been more miss than hit with me.
It is an old people's show.

Like Golden Girls.

Nobody under the age of 35 likes Seinfeld.

Nah, there was maybe at most a decade lull in Seinfeld popularity after it ended—probably less—and then heavy syndication and now streaming has ingrained it permanently into American consciousness forever and ever. It escaped its era.

Nightfall

So this is a thread about Seinfeld which is actually now about a mouse which is actually now about people claiming other people are old which is actually coming full circle back to Seinfeld.

Was Mike Moffit right? Was Jerry in actuality a phony? Was he one all along?

I don't know. I once turned it on and he seemed to be doing really annoyingly smarmy standup, essentially treating the audience like idiots that it was his job to patronise with some kind of folksy routine. Needless to say I never watched it again, though I gather there was a situation comedy element too.

Is Seinfeld a real standup comedian?

Top Bottom