• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banned GAF members that go batshit insane on other forums/youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporizer

Banned
Hahahah, always the accusations of the pro-Sony bias, amazing.

I personally think everyone got's their own console preference. Even our fellow mods. It's human nature to like something better than the other.

As long as you respect other people's opinion and dont go out of your way to insult/troll others then i see no issue

Moofers

Kind of like you said.

The more mature bitter assholes end up on the Bore, including myself occasionally. It was started by a disgruntled former member who may or may not have been in the right and has much looser rules than GAF. It's not a bad place: some of the more respectable banned members or even members that just chose to leave there occasionally have some great discussion there. I lurk quite a bit just because they have some great threads, plus their running commentary thread on things going on over here.

The other spinoff that starts with an "O" is the cesspool of the banned and angry.

I went over there just now to sate my curiosity since its been a while, and the thread titled "Roxy Just Registered" (or something close to it) is a great example of why I don't go anymore. Personal attacks like crazy. Its like the wild west over there, man. No fuckin thanks.

Plus I noticed a handful of names of posters that I don't see here anymore, and I think this forum is better for it.

V_Arnold

To recognize some kind of bias in a diverse place like NeoGaf, you need to have a bias in the first place. I never had that kind of vibe out of that, but I have long lost the platform preferences, I am now simply running along with the systems that are capable of running fighting games :D

fanboi

Banned
To recognize some kind of bias in a diverse place like NeoGaf, you need to have a bias in the first place. I never had that kind of vibe out of that, but I have long lost the platform preferences, I am now simply running along with the systems that are capable of running fighting games :D

And Starcraft2!

DMeisterJ

Banned
lol. It's always hilarious to hear from banned members about how "Pro x-system" GAF is, and it's always different.

Anyway, Sh00ter, stay bothered.

edornob

It's amazing the amount of time and effort he took to make this. I honestly imagine him sitting in room writing lyrics and going "yeeah, that'll show em"

gutshot

It's weird because I originally signed up for a GAF account because of the Gaming side, but now the whole console wars and gaming-age feels completely foreign to me. Like, I can't even wrap my head around someone actually caring about video games that much.

fanboi

Banned
It's weird because I originally signed up for a GAF account because of the Gaming side, but now the whole console wars and gaming-age feels completely foreign to me. Like, I can't even wrap my head around someone actually caring about video games that much.

Its not weird, its the norm.

Steelrain

Most of OT is like that I think.

FairyD

It's the natural progression in the neogaf life.

edornob

I just meant it's ironic because I originally signed up for the site because I was all into gaming, but now could not care less about it. But I suspect that happens to a lot of people here.

I think its the sad truth of getting older.

LakeEarth

No one else is going to mention the O** forums? Created by "post in every topic" master Opa-Opa? The forum created just for the Gaming-Age forum rejects?

I think I've been here too long.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While he was lurking he should have viewed the pro Nintendo threads rather than pro Sony thread so he could learn how the Nintendo fans go about their day to day business of not getting banned. Basically his body wasn't ready and in the words of Reggie: "What's wrong with you?" This isn't your father's messageboard. (laughs)

Well, they are always perma for people who are juniors because they haven't reached the point where they become full members yet. They aren't always perma for those who have been juniored because they make terrible threads.

Hmm, there must be some discretion. Because I got banned with the line "off to a nice start, junior!" I was back within a couple of weeks, and have become one of the best posters on GAF since.

bengraven

No one else is going to mention the Opa forums? Created by "post in every topic" master Opa-Opa? The forum created just for the Gaming-Age forum rejects?

I think I've been here too long.

Several of us have hinted at it. But we don't like to advertise it.

So... I just stumbled onto this:
http://youtu.be/CGkGiiUydD0

Dear god... what on earth can make you go so fucking serious/batshit insane?

Post away other findings :)

EDIT: Oh, found this aswell!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od-QZsOFUEw&feature=related

Dear god...

HZKKq.gif

OR

ijoESq.gif

Hmm, there must be some discretion. Because I got banned with the line "off to a nice start, junior!" I was back within a couple of weeks, and have become one of the best posters on GAF since.
I agree with the first part, but the second? Naw son ;)

I don't know, I have been put in time out once before (deserved, not bitter about it), but I would honestly wonder about myself if I could only make it 3 days on a forum lol.

Kabouter

Well, policy might've changed since then, only thing I can think of.

Angry Fork

So... I just stumbled onto this:
http://youtu.be/CGkGiiUydD0

He talks like he's sorry for committing murder or something rofl. It's not that serious likely nobody remembers him at all he said he was only here for 3 days.

fake edit - Apparently this was recent he said he's going to upload another video about why he was banned, it was in the Vita sales thread.

I don't get why people don't read the faqs. If you check them before posting you basically get the impression that you shouldn't say anything controversial or borderline trolling while a junior because it's permabanned and people don't really take you seriously anyway. Just act normal/cordial and if someone fucks with you ignore it. Once you become a member you can get more leeway but you should basically stay out of sales threads if you're a junior and a fanboy otherwise you'll inevitably be banned for raging at someone.

As for wario being able to get away with trolling that's just unwritten rule type shit. Once you get gaf-famous enough you get more leeway. It's not that serious imo I don't care about trolling so it's not like I would want that power or whatever. Trolls who are legit funny can get away with it but if you say something stupid and you're a junior it's not going to go down well.

I like that first vid.

"I stopped saying stuff, but I guess you guys like to ban based on past things, you know, things said in the past, so to speak. Yes, all in the same day, sure."

bengraven

I like that first vid.

"I stopped saying stuff, but I guess you guys like to ban based on past things, you know, things said in the past, so to speak. Yes, all in the same day, sure."

"People can change GAF...yes, within a few hours as well...I'm not the same man right now that I was earlier today.

I...suppose you can't see that though."

krae_man

I'm sure the people who pulled this shit were pillars of the community on the board and had the deepest rapport among close friends here.

Try again.

He didn't say "fanboy troll getting emotionally attached to a message board" or anything limiting the scope of his statement. It clearly encompassed everyone.

Binabik15

for real. ugh boys....

That's sexist!

Who wants to create a new forum where men can live and post free of fear from such unwarranted accussations?

No Homers!

Thesh00ter had a few...interesting comments about Vita's launch line-up and got inflammatory pretty quick. Can't say I'm bothered that such a combination of system warrior and temper isn't tolerated.

LakeEarth

Wait, what was this about?

I don't know what the trigger was, but the Rockband thread basically became its own forum. They would talk about anything, not Rockband related, not even gaming related. It got annoying because I wanted to actually talk about the game so I stopped going to that thread.

A month later it was locked and a ton of people were banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom