• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked document detailing MS future plans for the Xbox line. 56 pages long.

Fredrik

Has to be fake. There is no way they're going to focus this much on Kinect 2.0 when the majority of their customers are hardcore gamers and hate Kinect even more than Wii waggle and iOS gaming. If anything, they're going hardcore 2.0 with their next console.

Has to be fake. There is no way they're going to focus this much on Kinect 2.0 when the majority of their customers are hardcore gamers and hate Kinect even more than Wii waggle and iOS gaming. If anything, they're going hardcore 2.0 with their next console.

While I believe this is fake, I don't think their actual plans are all that different. Kinect will play a large role in them, no doubt about it.

Great details. It seems so interesting. It´s really brilliant of MS to make gaming on Windows devices agnostic especially when cloud gaming kicks in 2015.

The smug on the woman on page 42 pisses me off.

Seriously? Did you not catch that guy a few weeks ago who had pretended to be Japanense for months and months on this forum, only to account suicide after he was caught. This is the internet talking about video games -- Believe.
Link please.

Microsoft is failing worse than Nintendo if true.

But still this is likely fake. And for people saying this is too ambitious this IS the internet. Remember that Nintendo ON video from 2005? Remember Bob's Game?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8oRRPTzFcHc/T9vs2MsRSeI/AAAAAAAAASI/ONgENZ3ZV_s/s1600/Picture6.jpg[/IG]

now you see why XBLA games are going to be Windows 8 exclusive , like I said before the new Xbox will be a Windows 8 Box.[/QUOTE]

Won't happen. The next Xbox is supposed to last long. Windows cycles don't. By the time Windows 9 launches, it'll be OutdatedBox.

Margalis

Banned

Someone commit this post to memory please.

demigod

If this came out in 2010, it looks real. They have the Wii U launching in 2012 so that's correct. I'm pretty sure 720 and PS4 will release next year as well.

Check page 20, they have smart glass in there too.

sinnergy

I see these kind of PPT's all the time in my line of work. (for big international companies) They are not always in line with the house style of the company but are used to get the point across.

For content: the roadmap and tech seems pretty accurate.

This document looks very detailed, I wouldn't label it as a fake right away.

Linkhero1

You're going to be disappointed. MS's real target was home entertainment and they're going to attack it head on.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
A bit OT, but...Is the talk about 720 being "cheap" ( in the sense of being 299 at launch ) something possible considering the recent rumors about hardware I've seen also in Wii U Speculation thread or I'm misunderstanding things?

Asking this to bgassassin, for example, since it'd be material for the speculation thread too.

nasos_333

Does ATI still exist ?

19-97027c6d13.jpg

Also Kinect does 4 player already, how can this be a major Kinect 2 feature ? LOL, that is so fake

Some links that show how this was compiled

http://nukezilla.com/2012/05/04/exc...ve-blu-ray-support-augmented-reality-glasses/
http://nukezilla.com/2012/05/02/exc...ave-backwards-compatibility-10-year-lifespan/
http://nukezilla.com/2012/05/01/exclusive-early-details-on-microsofts-kinect-2/

MDX

If it is fake, dude had to put it together after the MS conference
E3 because thats when Smart Glass was revealed.

Also, why would he make a fake based on a 2010 future outlook?
That sounds harder to fake. Because its easier for people to find mistakes.

nasos_333

If it is fake, dude had to put it together after the MS conference
E3 because thats when Smart Glass was revealed.

Also, why would he make a fake based on a 2010 future outlook?
That sounds harder to fake. Because its easier for people to find mistakes.

It says nothing about Smart glass though, another reason why it is fake

And generally looks too amateur to be any real, seems like a small kid made it that anything else

MDX

And generally looks too amateur to be any real, seems like a small kid made it that anything else

It says nothing about Smart Glass? Using tablets and smartphones as controllers says everything about Smart Glass. This is a 2010 document, not 2012.

D23

too much work if its fake... and ive seen a legit ppt that looks like that, so idk.. finger crossed

demigod

Yes it does, check page 20. That's exactly what smart glass is, maybe you didn't watch the E3 conference?

It says nothing about Smart Glass? Using tablets and smartphones as controllers says everything about Smart Glass. This is a 2010 document, not 2012.

We've known for a while that Windows 8 was being built with tablets and similar devices in mind. We've also known about Microsoft's initiatives like Live Anywhere for years. It doesn't take much to put two and two together. But it's interesting the document uses the exact same Madden example that was demonstrated at E3.

nasos_333

Yes it does, check page 20. That's exactly what smart glass is, maybe you didn't watch the E3 conference?

I missed the page, indeed is something like SG

But this "leak" happened after E3 and so this could have been made after it was revealed

But it's interesting the document uses the exact same Madden example that was demonstrated at E3.

I did not notice that, so it is 100% fake afterall :)

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
That proves nothing, since this document could have been compiled from those sources

C'm on, you're now grasping at straws to discredit the document. Do you really think a faker took the info from the Nukezilla reports and only then created a 56 page document, including lots of drawings in the exact same style as the ones shown on Nukezilla? The guy must be the Van Meegeren of hoaxers.

Nukezilla discussed this document in May, before SmartGlass was shown on E3. See http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38928623&postcount=106

It looks like it's real. The SmartGlass description is simply too accurate.

But if it's real, where is Xbox 361 and other news they allegedly have slated for 2012? Unless the whole schedule's been pushed one year back, which I suppose could be driven by developers' wishes for beefier hardware and Nintendo's relatively weak vision. Still, I don't see them waiting til 2014.

Those "props" are the most hilarious backtrack over all the "you are the controller" bullshit. Can't say I blame them though. You NEED that tangible piece in your hand, otherwise you loose one of the three core sense-based connection to the game (Sight, Sound, Touch). At least that's how I see it.

Still, I guess we're still waiting for a definitive sign that this is real.

orioto

Good Art™
At least that's pretty obvious, just by seeing how they focus on kinect and smart glass at their conf, that they will try to have all that from the ground up for the next console. Kinect is rejected as an accessory, but if it's inside the box, people will deal with it anyway. With industry being as it is right now, with smart tv and phones etc.. that's just the logical step for Microsoft.

Of course its fake, they want to include a main ARM/x86 CPU of 6-8 cores, then they want a seperate ARM/x86 with 2 cores and slower GPU so it can run low power 'always on' and THEN they are going to include the 360 Xenon CPU for backwards compatibility.

All that for $299, it has to be fake there is no way they can afford to cram all that into one machine.

Timan

Developer
Of course its fake, they want to include a main ARM/x86 CPU of 6-8 cores, then they want a seperate ARM/x86 with 2 cores and slower GPU so it can run low power 'always on' and THEN they are going to include the 360 Xenon CPU for backwards compatibility.

All that for $299, it has to be fake there is no way they can afford to cram all that into one machine.

Subsidize it with Xbox Live / Cable subscription service. There ya go, cheap console (not really)

Those "props" are the most hilarious backtrack over all the "you are the controller" bullshit.

Props have been a part of the vision from the very first Project Natal announcement ("use your own gear", remember?), but what is interesting about this document is that it implies props with active tactile feedback.

"Core system designed to be scalable in frequency/number of cores"

Non fixed architecture in home console...I don't think so.

..unless that's referring to the eventual successor to a 720.

manzo

After reading the whole thing through while keeping in mind that this quite possibly is a fake, the Smartglass propositions made me believe the docs.

However, the proposed timelines sounded like fanboy drivel.

I guess the only way to know if this is real; if this doc would've leaked way before E3 (not counting NukeZilla), then I'd say this is real. Now that Smartglass is known to everyone, there is a high probability that this is fake.

Interesting document nonetheless. It was a nice read while drinking my Saturday-morning coffee, fake or not.

But if it's real, where is Xbox 361 and other news they allegedly have slated for 2012? Unless the whole schedule's been pushed one year back, which I suppose could be driven by developers' wishes for beefier hardware and Nintendo's relatively weak vision. Still, I don't see them waiting til 2014.

This is where the setting started to fall apart for me. Unless there really WAS a "361" coming but got cancelled?

Yoshiya

"Never need to upgrade hardware again."

Jaffe vindicated? I'm tentatively treating this as true, the WinRumours guy seems better placed to sniff a fake than any of us. This is a plausible strategy for sure.
Hahahahahahahaha.

Top Bottom