• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Pedersen

I have really sucked at Rocket League lately and was a little depressed about my RL game in the last week and then I was sitting there watching the championship thinking "hmm, I think I can play at that level, our playing style look similar, sure I miss on pleeenty more shots then they do and my mastery of rotating the car properly isn't quite there yet but my general positioning and rotation skills are not that bad, kinda consistent too.." Went to bed and tried to sleep but was visioning myself up at that stage and felt a sudden rush of confident and was wide awake. Fuck it, booted up the game again and it was so good. I got these images of different plays from watching the championship and my hands just did them. Cooperated like never before and then I did this:

https://gfycat.com/ThunderousFlawlessCygnet

I just thought reeally hard about where i wanted the ball to go and FORCED my fingers to follow the ball. I'm really looking forward to the finals tomorrow and I love this game so much !!

Sullichin

I have really sucked lately and was a little depressed about my RL game in the last week and then I was sitting there watching the championship thinking "hmm, I think I can play at that level, our playing style look similar, sure I miss on pleeenty more shots then they do and my mastery of rotating the car properly isn't quite there yet but my general positioning and rotation skills are not that bad, kinda consistent too.." Went to bed and tried to sleep but was visioning myself up at that stage and felt a sudden rush of confident and was wide awake. Fuck it, booted up the game again and it was so good. I got these images of different plays from watching the championship and my hands just did them. Cooperated like never before and then I did this:

https://gfycat.com/ThunderousFlawlessCygnet

I just thought reeally hard about where i wanted the ball to go and FORCED my fingers to follow the ball. I'm really looking forward to the finals tomorrow and I love this game so much !!

Beautiful!
Still wish I was so much better at this game. It's so hard to play consistently well. All of my cool moments marred by times I've missed the ball by a fucking mile.

Lazulic

was on a good day today, ended on a high
fcfafffc9c.jpg
comin 4 u super champ

GeeTeeCee

Decided to get in a few matches in ranked solo 3v3 before I went out for the evening.

Terrible idea. Dropped three divisions.

I think to myself "one more match can't possibly hurt me any more, can it?"

Semi-pro teammate drops out 30 seconds into the match.

I remember why I stopped playing ranked. Other people.

Haven't played for about 9 months now since I uninstalled it so excuse me if this is a stupid question.

I've heard a lot about the game modes that have been added over the last year to this game. They all sound very fun.

How many of those game modes are permanent? I feel like some of them would be limited time things.

Lunar FC

Haven't played for about 9 months now since I uninstalled it so excuse me if this is a stupid question.

I've heard a lot about the game modes that have been added over the last year to this game. They all sound very fun.

How many of those game modes are permanent? I feel like some of them would be limited time things.

I think at first they were supposed to me limited time things but people got angry so everything it in there. You have mutators, hockey, basketball, rocket labs.

ChrisD

So why is it that after a year people still don't skip replays in Solo Duels. Trust me man, we don't need to see them all. Like, especially in the case that I've skipped my own but they watch it through to the end... I really don't mind if you skip it as well. I also don't mind if you want to watch a few of your own, or even some of mine, but ALL of them is such a waste of time. A plain shot or a dribble into the goal in Solo isn't impressive enough to spend time on rewatching.

Also screw the people who auto-skip mine, but then watch all of theirs. Maybe I'm just a grump, but they come off as a bunch of self-centered cocky players.

Bollocks

superb rocket league mm once again, first game, I own goal 1:0 while boosting backwards to make a save, just squeezes right between the post and the tip of the car, teammate was apparently in a better position to save but what you know, this is solo standard, don't rely on your teammates.
gives me shit, says he's done and just talks shit in the chat, yeah 1:0, go act like a child.
it's 2v3, as we score the equalizer he suddenly comes back to life, 2:1, he's done again lol and just lobs every ball towards our goal.

idg those people

Ran rp

superb rocket league mm once again, first game, I own goal 1:0 while boosting backwards to make a save, just squeezes right between the post and the tip of the car, teammate was apparently in a better position to save but what you know, this is solo standard, don't rely on your teammates.
gives me shit, says he's done and just talks shit in the chat, yeah 1:0, go act like a child.
it's 2v3, as we score the equalizer he suddenly comes back to life, 2:1, he's done again lol and just lobs every ball towards our goal.

idg those people

completely insufferable

So why is it that after a year people still don't skip replays in Solo Duels. Trust me man, we don't need to see them all. Like, especially in the case that I've skipped my own but they watch it through to the end... I really don't mind if you skip it as well. I also don't mind if you want to watch a few of your own, or even some of mine, but ALL of them is such a waste of time. A plain shot or a dribble into the goal in Solo isn't impressive enough to spend time on rewatching.

Also screw the people who auto-skip mine, but then watch all of theirs. Maybe I'm just a grump, but they come off as a bunch of self-centered cocky players.

They should have it set so that if at least half the players vote to skip, it does a fast forward version of the replay. If all choose to skip, then it truly skips it as usual.

While we're on voting, I'd like to see the same in post-game lobbies in casual. If at least half vote they are ready, it goes down to 20 seconds. Or they could do it so that if all but one vote they're ready, it goes down to 10 seconds.

So tired of waiting for that one guy for 40 seconds when everyone else is ready. I don't care if he needs a break, just leave and come back or find a way to let people know you'll brb. If these measures are too complicated, then just reduce the time to 30 seconds to start instead of 50-something.

Pedersen

Did this redirect just now. Pretty happy about it!
I'm starting to think that I should play unranked exclusively because of the lack of pressure. I dare to do so much more in a chill lobby with people I can play a couple of games with

Firthy

Are there any UK players (preferably North) who are looking to join a team? Myself and a friend play each night from around 9PM GMT and want to push through in Standard to possibly compete in the Red Bull 5G (just for fun, we hover around in the Challenger bracket so I doubt we are going to take the crown haha).

Party chat is a must, we have a great laugh! Feel free to drop me an add on PS4 if you want to have some fun on Rocket League - firthy01

:)

Hasney

Honestly, the small change maps annoy me and stop me playing. I liked that circular one in the labs, put that in, not stuff lie Neo Tokyo where it's just an extra level.

Or a one way roof with hole in, so when it gets launched up, it stays up there until it's putt hrough a hole at the edges of the map.

Greddleok

I've been playing this a lot recently, I'm still pretty shit, but I'm getting there!!

Can anyone help me get the platinum? I just need 1 trophy, play with a friend.

Quote for PSN ID. Would really appreciate the help!

Grinchy

Banned
The octagon map could be interesting. I hope they flesh out Cosmic soon!

I actually really like the Pillars/Columns map too but I still have yet to play it with anyone who has any idea of what they're doing. Like NeoTokyo, I bet it plays really damn well with good players.

Octagon doesn't look very good at first glance. It's just going to be a giant wide open field. Maybe fun for dribbling. I can't get around to understanding cosmic but pillars I love.

ChrisD

I like Rocket Labs current selection with the donut stage and the one with two pillars. Don't like the pseudo Neo Tokyo and honestly don't care for Neo Tokyo, either.

Is there a good guide or Youtuber I can watch that shows how to not lose five goals in twelve seconds due to kick-off goals? I refuse to believe I'm just unlucky; they definitely knew a way to hit the ball that I didn't.

Devs on Workshop Support
We really like the mods that are out there already - we have guys that used to play things like Team Fortress Classic conc jumping maps a lot, so it's familiar territory.

It's a little bit tricky due to the consoles. We don't want to leave all those players in the dark, but trying to replicate the entire "workshop" concept within our UI and database is a pretty huge undertaking. Doesn't mean we won't do it - we'd love to - just want you guys to understand it's not trivial.

We will discuss and investigate if we could feasibly do quicker PC-only support for Steam workshop downloading just to make it easier to share and rate these mods, but I can't promise anything.

Given crossplay I understand how it's not an easy thing but the bolded would be amazing for training and Surf type maps to be easier to use.

Salsa

game's still full of dicks who straight up ruin my day

clear a ball but not to the side so we got scored on, dude says "clear to the other side plz"

then gets scored on cause he was typing that

I say "where you typing? cmon"

then he misses a slow-ass ball for some reason and I say nothing

spends rest of the game bumping me and then saying "What a save!" when I cant clear it cause of his bumps

I just write "dude are you really gonna be this childish and make us waste time? just forfeit"

dude responds with "what a save!" "what a save!" "what a save!"

had a shitty day. gets to me. write "well you got my point loss congrats" and just abandon. now cant play for 15 minutes

like yeah yeah its on me for letting it get there but I still really wish I could do more about people like this man. I know there's nothing to be done but shit's infuriating when you had a shitty day and just want to get home and play for a bit

I just wish I had someone steady to play 2s daily or something. would be in a better rank too

Sokantish

game's still full of dicks who straight up ruin my day

clear a ball but not to the side so we got scored on, dude says "clear to the other side plz"

then gets scored on cause he was typing that

I say "where you typing? cmon"

then he misses a slow-ass ball for some reason and I say nothing

spends rest of the game bumping me and then saying "What a save!" when I cant clear it cause of his bumps

I just write "dude are you really gonna be this childish and make us waste time? just forfeit"

dude responds with "what a save!" "what a save!" "what a save!"

had a shitty day. gets to me. write "well you got my point loss congrats" and just abandon. now cant play for 15 minutes

like yeah yeah its on me for letting it get there but I still really wish I could do more about people like this man. I know there's nothing to be done but shit's infuriating when you had a shitty day and just want to get home and play for a bit

I just wish I had someone steady to play 2s daily or something. would be in a better rank too
I got stuck in Challenger Elite all last season because I kept my winrate at 50/50. It was driving me crazy, I know how it feels when you don't have a partner! I mean, I'm not that great but being stuck in that rank for months was frustrating.

People can be the worst in this game too, usually they're alright. Sometimes it feels like they can only notice other's mistakes and never their own

Salsa

played against some clearly super elite "im so good" guys who were blocking their own shots to show "lol we can beat you with our eyes closed"

ended up winning 2-1

wrote "sorry showoff champs"

response

LMAO YOU SHOOTING STAR AND YOU TALKIN SHIT LOLOLOL LEARN TO PLAY

drowned in salt

No matter how much I play, I just don't seem to ever improve. I still miss every aerial attempt I try to do and I keep missing the ball and I go on a bit of a panic if I turn off the ball cam. I wish there was an option for a ball cam that only moved horizontally and not up if the ball is above you.

The championships felt like "time to quit" video material.

moojito

I like Rocket Labs current selection with the donut stage and the one with two pillars. Don't like the pseudo Neo Tokyo and honestly don't care for Neo Tokyo, either.

Is there a good guide or Youtuber I can watch that shows how to not lose five goals in twelve seconds due to kick-off goals? I refuse to believe I'm just unlucky; they definitely knew a way to hit the ball that I didn't.

If you watch johnnyboi's videos featuring scrubkilla he describes at great length every time how he does his kickoffs and how it can be countered. the tl;dr is make sure you place your car directly between your goal and the ball, not off to one side.

DToneli

Neo Member
Anyone wanna play ranked 2v2s or 3v3s?

Got tired of my matchmaking teammates and now I am trying to find people to play in the only place I trust: GAF

And I have a mic if it matters to you

PSN: DToneli

Top Bottom