• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Trading Cards : get trading cards and turn it into stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it takes me a lot less time to get drops in Binding of Isaac then it did to get my one Super Meat Boy drop. I also hope I get five different cards, or at least four. Fingers crossed.

ZeroAKA

I'm kind of curious about what this badge crafting thing is all about, so I'm going to try to complete a TF2 set.

Have:
Crispin Whytehead (Psychonauts) x2
Lungfishopolis (Psychonauts)
0 The Fool (Binding of Isaac)

Want:
Medic (TF2)
Sniper (TF2)
Spy (TF2)
Heavy (TF2)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Have

Psychonauts

Lungfish Citizens
Lungfishopolis

I also have the useless trading card and trading card foil emoticons

They're worthless on the market now anyway, so might as well craft a badge

want:
Binding Of Isaac cards

III The Empress
VI The Lovers
VII The Chariot

edit: fuck it, I sold the rest

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I have:
x2 L4D2 Spitter cards
x1 TF2 Spy card

I want:
1x TF2 Engineer
1x TF2 Pyro
1x TF2 Heavy

Please PM me if you're interested. I doubt anyone needs the above cards though.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Not much for trade right now, i'm afraid.
Have:
Psychonauts: Sheegor
FTL: Stealth Cruiser
FTL: Engi Cruiser
Offspring Fling: :eek:ffspring: avatar
25% Off Zeno Clash II (if interested, just take the damn thing :p)

Want:
PSYCHONAUTS! Cards.
Psychonauts: Velvitopia Villains
Psychonauts: Edgar
Psychonauts: Lungfish Citizens
Psychonauts: Lungfishopolis
Psychonauts: Milk Man

I am new to the whole trading card thing, how do I get more after I have run out of "drops"? For example I have 4 faire solitaire cards but it says I am out of drops.

Trade for them (if you have other game cards/items you don't want), buy them on the market, or hope that the Steam Faerie gives you a booster pack to use/trade/sell. Booster packs contain 3 cards and drop at random if you fire up Steam once a week. The chances of getting a booster = hen's teeth.

Trade for them (if you have other game cards/items you don't want), buy them on the market, or hope that the Steam Faerie gives you a booster pack to use/trade/sell. Booster packs contain 3 cards and drop at random if you fire up Steam once a week. The chances of getting a booster = hen's teeth.

ah, alright. Will hope for some luck.

KingKong

Man I don't get it, cards sell for 20 to 60 cents but backgrounds and emoticons go as low as 5 cents. Shouldnt they be more expensive since it takes more money and effort to craft them and there are a lot less of them on the market?

Deadbeat

Banned
Man I don't get it, cards sell for 20 to 60 cents but backgrounds and emoticons go as low as 5 cents. Shouldnt they be more expensive since it takes more money and effort to craft them and there are a lot less of them on the market?
Most backgrounds look like shit, dont scale properly with your entire profile, and the fact is the plain background right now is good enough for most people. They need to add an option of rotation through backgrounds.

Vecks

Cards are still selling well because they are consumable. Mostly for leveling up (potential showcase/booster pack drop rate increase)and getting badges, plus you can level up like 5 times, so you'll need 5 times the amount of the card.

Backgrounds and emoticons are cosmetic items that aren't even that great most of the time. Most emoticons aren't even that useful for a normal conversation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
b0pefaW.png

What exactly is this?

So, let's say for example, that I got a foil card and want to actually craft a foil badge. What's generally considered the best way to go about getting the other cards? Trading with folks? The market? Some combo of the above?

[H]
Serious Sam 3 75% x2
Nexuiz 4-pack 75%
The Bridge 50%
Triple Town 50%
Majesty 2 Collection 33%

[W]
ANY Cards or TF2 Metal or just say thanks.

Steam ID RazorbackDB

You would permanently have one less drop, unless the game is free-to-play, but if you are still able to receive card drops for the game, any of that game's cards can still drop.

Ok, I have 1 drop remaining in Super Meat Boy, for instance. Once I get that drop, I'll never get another drop in that game. If I trade away a card, I lose that card and the only way to get that card again is through trading or buying?

Cards only drop once, right? If I were to trade the card, it will never drop again, correct?

Each game has a guaranteed number of card drops. Once those are up, you have a chance of getting a booster pack with I think 3 cards in it. It's random, it can happen while you're running a different game, and the drop rate depends on how many people have crafted badges for that game.

Have

Binding of Isaac:
the magician

Psychonauts
Figments
Lungfish Citizens
Lungfishopolis

I also have the useless trading card and trading card foil emoticons

They're worthless on the market now anyway, so might as well craft a badge

want:
Binding Of Isaac cards

III The Empress
V The Hierophant
VI The Lovers
VII The Chariot

I can trade you The Hierophant for The Magician.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/have4niceday/

Each game has a guaranteed number of card drops. Once those are up, you have a chance of getting a booster pack with I think 3 cards in it. It's random, it can happen while you're running a different game, and the drop rate depends on how many people have crafted badges for that game.

Ok, thanks. I think I understand.

v0rtikal

Update

Foil card 1:3

Have

The Binding of Isaac
- III The Empress (Foil)

Want
Trine 2
- Isabel

Portal 2
- Chell
- Destruction
- The Lab
- Underground

Brutal Legend
- Crying Spot
- Eddie Riggs
- Grave Digger
- Hate Cage
- Motor Forge

dot

Have
Psychonauts - Raz
Psychonauts - Edgar
Psychonauts - Lungfish Citizens
Psychonauts - Sheegor

Want
Offspring Fling - Momma Flinger
Offspring Fling - The Mighty Dinobaus
Offspring Fling - Full Parry
Offspring Fling - Mysterious Ninja

or any Binding of Isaac cards

Anyone want a -50% Strike Suit Infinity coupon? I'm not planning on buying that game. You can have it for nothing, but if you have a spare Isaac card or two I'd gladly take them. :)

Tobinishi

Have:

Binding of Isaac Emperor

Want:

Any other Isaac card, except Fool and Justice

You can level up your Badges? Do i need foil cards for that? Any benefits besides XP?

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Have:

Binding of Isaac Emperor

Want:

Any other Isaac card, except Fool and Justice

You can level up your Badges? Do i need foil cards for that? Any benefits besides XP?

You level up your badges by collecting all the cards a second, third, fourth, or fifth time. Foil cards can be used to create a special foil badge. Each level gets you another 100XP and another background/emoticon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom