• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VALKYRIE DRIVE - BHIKKHUNI- coming to steam this summer

Now waiting for Uppers to be localized.

I wonder if they're going to convince PQube to actually localize it again so they can handle the PC port, rofl. Seems a bit mean on PQube!

(Although I remember them expressing satisfaction with the sales of the Vita version so it can't be all bad).

Ganado

Thank god it isn't PQube that's publishing it. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak is a mess with crashes (for me atleast) and no Steamworks support.

interview with Marvelous about the port

https://techraptor.net/content/interview-valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-pc-publisher-marvelous-europe

I found these bits to be particularly interesting

TechRaptor: VALKYRIE DRIVE -Bhikkhuni- is fully remastered for PC. How is the game improved on this platform?

Marvelous Europe: For the first time people will be able to experience VALKYRIE DRIVE -Bhikkhuni- in 1080p, 60FPS. We’re also happy to announce that it has support for high native resolutions as well. Certain aspects of the game have also been upgraded in the remaster such as the character models.

TechRaptor: Are there plans for any more VALKYRIE DRIVE -Bhikkhuni- DLC?
Marvelous Europe: We’re bringing across all of the previous DLC that was released on the PlayStation platform to Steam. This will be available both with and separately from the base-game on launch day. As for the future, while there is nothing set in stone, there are a couple of ideas in the pipeline…

kewlmyc

I actually kinda like the gameplay of Senran Kagura EV. It's musou style, but with a focus on aerial combat and boss fights. Is this gameplay better?

joe2187

Banned
I actually kinda like the gameplay of Senran Kagura EV. It's musou style, but with a focus on aerial combat and boss fights. Is this gameplay better?

It has more focus on arieal combat and boss fights. As well as multiple weapon transformations.

Be warned though, there is some very subtle lesbian undertones.

joe2187

Banned
That description from Marvelous, lol...

Since I heard the combat is better than SK, I'll keep an eye on this.

You should see the promo materials and what's written on the back of the box

CqKtyabW8AEPnnN.jpg
368041-valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-liberator-s-edition-ps-vita-other.jpg

Battlechili

Banned
Awesome! I hear gameplay wise this is a significant upgrade from Senran Kagura, and I like the artstyle of this a lot better too! It looks like they're giving it a full on upgrade beyond just resolution and framerate too, as they mentioned it'll have improved character models.

eMpTy23

I wanted this so much more than SK when it was announced. Now I'll finally be able to play it...

The release date and release can't come soon enough.

Vlaphor

I wonder if I could have foretold this somehow...maybe in Feb 17th of this year

I knew it! I beat Senran Kagura on Vita, it comes to PC. Beat the newest Onechanbara on Ps4, it comes to PC. I beat Estival Versus on Ps4, it comes to PC. If I weren't a couple of levels from beating Valkyrie Drive, I'd wait for it's eventual PC version as well (and that game runs real bad on Vita).

It's not that I'm unhappy that these games are getting PC releases, I just hate how it's always after I've beaten them (and I rarely double dip). Still, it's real cool that everyone is getting the Ikkitousen DLC

...I beat Valkyrie Drive fully (as much as I want to anyway, both endings) a couple of weeks ago (spent a bunch of time playing SMT4 A instead as my portable game), so yeah.

For those of you who are waiting for the next game I beat on Vita to come to PC...jokes on all of you, Crypt of the Necrodancer has been on the PC from the start!

Edit: And I'd be very surprised if Persona 5 comes to PC, so that takes care of the PS4 angle as well.

Jimrpg

Recently got this for Vita.

Happy Steam is getting more Japanese games.

I wonder if I could have foretold this somehow...maybe in Feb 17th of this year

How bad is the performance on the Vita? It looked ok from the youtube videos I watched.

Vlaphor

How bad is the performance on the Vita? It looked ok from the youtube videos I watched.

Umm...it's pretty bad, but since your inputs stack, you can generally account for the drop in FPS. There are times where it can be silky smooth, but those are few and far between. Most of the time, you are very aware that the FPS is really bad. Not unplayable (I did put nearly 30 hours into it), but always noticeable.

I've put more than 200 hours between the japanese and american versions and I've noticed performance issues. It doesn't run beyond 30 fps but is stable all the time. It does run better than any of the SK in fact.

Jimrpg

Umm...it's pretty bad, but since your inputs stack, you can generally account for the drop in FPS. There are times where it can be silky smooth, but those are few and far between. Most of the time, you are very aware that the FPS is really bad. Not unplayable (I did put nearly 30 hours into it), but always noticeable.

I've put more than 200 hours between the japanese and american versions and I've noticed performance issues. It doesn't run beyond 30 fps but is stable all the time. It does run better than any of the SK in fact.

Thanks for your responses.

I've played a bit of SK:SV on the vita but only the first couple of hours. I thought the performance was fine, obviously I need to play more to find out.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Thank goodness I didn't get this on Vita. 1080p & 60fps? Yes please.

Bring on the yuri.

prudislav

Originally release in July of 2016 in Japan, Uppers features a group fighting starved males battling it out for the fun of it. The game takes place on an island called “Last Resort Island” where there are no consequences for fighting or rules on how you can win. So in theory, if you wanted to pick up a barrel and use it as a weapon, you could.

In addition to the fighting, players are able to impress girls that are watching the fight, and this includes the option to motor boat the members of the crowd for a power bonus.

Recently, Marvelous announced that Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni- will be making its way to PC, remastered in 1080p and 60FPS, this Summer.

The announcement got many fans talking about a possibility of Uppers receiving the same treatment, and DualSHockers took the opportunity to ask Marvelous Europe if this could happen, to which the team replied:

“When speaking about remasters to Japan we did speak about Uppers. We were informed that the game was developed differently to VALKYRIE DRIVE and as such there would be a much larger cost and time investment involved in remastering the experience for PC, and that isn’t even accounting for the cost of localisation. Obviously with a much higher cost it comes with much more risk. Perhaps this is a discussion we can bring up again in the future pending the results of VALKYRIE DRIVE on Steam.”

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/05/04/uppers-western-pc-port/

Top Bottom