• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got the DLC post ready to go.

Also, I'd suggest the OT working in a Splatoon joke with "Spla-teen" but I don't know how to make it actually work/not sound wrong.

Got the DLC post ready to go.

Also, I'd suggest the OT working in a Splatoon joke with "Spla-teen" but I don't know how to make it actually work/not sound wrong.
The subtitle I've come up with is "360 no sc-oppai" but I'm open to suggestions.
I wanna try and have the OT be tongue in cheek like the series but I also wanna play the game itself, Blue Reflection, and Danganronpa tonight so I dunno how much time I'll actually dedicate to it, haha.

Puruzi

Banned
The subtitle I've come up with is "360 no sc-oppai" but I'm open to suggestions.
I wanna try and have the OT be tongue in cheek like the series but I also wanna play the game itself, Blue Reflection, and Danganronpa tonight so I dunno how much time I'll actually dedicate to it, haha.

I really like that title name, go for it

Gekko87

Multi-splash makes me want to pull my hair out. It seems to be all about the cards because I’m getting one shotted left and right. Just barely finished the tutorial story stuff but other then that I’ve enjoyed it so far.

Demoskinos

The difficulty spike goes through the roof once you start facing real opponents. Did the first 5 story missions on hard mode no problem. Then get to mission 6 and good god. I don't think i can do this on hard without leveling up first.

And seems if your team goes down you really don't have time to revive them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PBS got surprise VR support via patch today. "VR Character Viewer and VR Diorama" which you can access via the locker room.

...if you get too close to a character, she'll either disappear or a message appears stating you're too close to the "play area".

No word on when this'll hit the US.

Edit: Also, Rinka & Ranka from Valkyrie Drive are gonna be DLC.

Edit 2: BUNCH of pre-order bonuses for Burst Re:Newal confirmed for Japan. What's interesting is 3 of them have in-game costumes & first print copies will have two costumes as well. I wonder if Xseed will give them away as free DLC or something.

Ramune

Starting (or actually restarting) the intro part to Senran Kagura 2 after finishing Burst and Shinovi. However....the game freezes when I get to control Homura for the first time. o_O
This can't be normal, anyone else experience this? My N3DS is on latest CFW.

umXhfZO.jpg

Starting (or actually restarting) the intro part to Senran Kagura 2 after finishing Burst and Shinovi. However....the game freezes when I get to control Homura for the first time. o_O
This can't be normal, anyone else experience this? My N3DS is on latest CFW.

Disable the overclocks your N3DS CFW probably has enabled, that's what was causing my crashes

There's one option of the 3 overclocks that won't crash SK2, but I forgot which one it was. (I think L2 Cache?)

Ramune

Disable the overclocks your N3DS CFW probably has enabled, that's what was causing my crashes

There's one option of the 3 overclocks that won't crash SK2, but I forgot which one it was. (I think L2 Cache?)

So disabling the N3DS's speedier overclocks? I'll give that a try.

Ramune

So that apparently works, I just leave the clock option on. Seems transformations are a tick quicker too. However, this game is kicking my ass! Lots of enemies are very special spammy compared to Burst and Shinovi. It's to the point I need to spam jump + Y. Any advice on how to approach combat in this game? ^_^;

So that apparently works, I just leave the clock option on. Seems transformations are a tick quicker too. However, this game is kicking my ass! Lots of enemies are very special spammy compared to Burst and Shinovi. It's to the point I need to spam jump + Y. Any advice on how to approach combat in this game? ^_^;

-Learn to dash cancel
-Look for openings when fighting against bosses
-Stop playing it like would you play a Versus game and instead treat the combat more like a regular action game

Anyway, from a recent interview with Takaki

KT: The game’s setting has the girls – they’re ninjas, they’re in ninja training school. It’s a very harsh life that they’re leading. And this is based on the way relationships form among girls who are on the same sports team, for example. They form very intense relationships – they’re teammates. And whether you want to see it as romantic or as something else, that’s maybe up to everyone to interpret on their own. But it’s [my] idea that people who spend very close time together, working very hard together on something, will have this sort of bond between them. And that’s basically what [I’m] trying to show. And just the idea that we shouldn’t shy away from these things. There’s beauty in a relationship when it’s two women together.

http://operationrainfall.com/2017/10/11/interview-senran-kagura/

Nice

FireCloud

Was surprised to learn that Ken Kutaragi, "The Father of Playstation", was named a director at Marvelous AQL (at one time).

Probably old news to many here but his endeavors have contributed greatly to my enjoyment.

ShinMaruku

What game would you lot have these guys do? Given their track record and what they are good at, what would you rather them do? Because their last two attempts were piss poor.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*gets the SK artbook from Udon*
*finds out it's not like the bibles from Japan with design documents and commentary about the designs and how they came to be, but more of just a collection of promo stuff you can easily view online*

....well that's kind of a bummer. At least it was free & there's an interview at the end, but I prefer artbooks that're about the actual design process with comments on what the artist/designer was aiming for & not just "here's a bunch of promo artwork." Not gonna lie, I'm kind of tempted to sell it...

Granted, part of it's my fault for not realizing that/seeing what kind of artbook it was before getting it.

Eolz

What game would you lot have these guys do? Given their track record and what they are good at, what would you rather them do? Because their last two attempts were piss poor.

Cheap spinoffs like Bon Appetit/Refle/etc are good enough and profitable for them, so it's good to continue that.
Stop the dumb Musou-like gameplay and go back to SK2.
Ports to more platforms.
Be sure of what you do before doing stuff like PBS. I liked it but it has issues and was pretty risky. That said, I still prefer it to Estival Versus and think it's actually a better SK game.

Ultimadrago

Estival Versus was what I expected from a console Senran and it turned out very well. Now I just want an enhanced version of that format.

- Fix characters that feel they got dropped halfway through testing (like Yumi and Kafuru) and make them fun to play
- Have more unique character models for each of the girls' body types with more detail
-Stage interactivity was a fun addition so keep that
- Improve the lottery vastly from Estival's. The selection there was bland with hardly any changes between a number of items
- Encourage a few more complex inputs and combinations for combat across the board. This has been an issue for Senran Kagura in general, and it's the one I find least likely to happen, but it'd be nice
- The character chapters had some gems, but were largely underwhelming. I'd like a fuller, more satisfying chapter for post-content instead of the "Create-an-Arcade Mode" string of fights between very brief chats. More context in the very least
- More options and unique character dialogue for Dressing Room

And while not inherently a part of play:
- Put and end to stupid DLC schedules. I have likely completed the game well before prime characters and outfits are released.

These are hopes (for the next mainline and not the remake), but I'm fully expecting it to disappoint. Hopefully not!

Cheap spinoffs like Bon Appetit/Refle/etc are good enough and profitable for them, so it's good to continue that.
Stop the dumb Musou-like gameplay and go back to SK2.
Ports to more platforms.
Be sure of what you do before doing stuff like PBS. I liked it but it has issues and was pretty risky. That said, I still prefer it to Estival Versus and think it's actually a better SK game.
Worst recommendation in thread to date.

Estival Versus was what I expected from a console Senran and it turned out very well. Now I just want an enhanced version of that format.

- Fix characters that feel they got dropped halfway through testing (like Yumi and Kafuru) and make them fun to play
- Have more unique character models for each of the girls' body types with more detail
- Improve the lottery vastly from Estival's. The selection there was bland with hardly any changes between a number of items
- Encourage a few more complex inputs and combinations for combat across the board. This has been an issue for Senran Kagura in general, and it's the one I find least likely to happen, but it'd be nice
- The character chapters had some gems, but were largely underwhelming. I'd like a fuller, more satisfying chapter for post-content instead of the "Create-an-Arcade Mode" string of fights between very brief chats. More context in the very least

- Put and end to stupid DLC schedules. I have likely completed the game well before prime characters and outfits are released.

These are hopes (for the next mainline and not the remake), but I'm fully expecting it to disappoint. Hopefully not!
I can get behind pretty much all of these recommendations.

That said if we get another Estival Versus-like I'll be extremely happy because that kind of SK game I want.

Oh Chibi censors > Solar Flare censors

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

If we get Asuka x Homura I will flip the fuck out. OTP so good that even their golden child Yumi acknowledges it.

Agreed on all counts, especially on the character models. Not sure if it was just me but it felt like most girls in PBS had the same body template outside of Mirai. Compared to the concept art Shiki is damn near spilling out of her top compared to Yozakura yet in game they look the same.

I'd be fine with another Musou-esque SK game, just give back Haruka's SK Burst moves where she fights by using her chemicals instead of that lame ass robot.

If we get Asuka x Homura I will flip the fuck out. OTP so good that even their golden child Yumi acknowledges it.

Agreed on all counts, especially on the character models. Not sure if it was just me but it felt like most girls in PBS had the same body template outside of Mirai. Compared to the concept art Shiki is damn near spilling out of her top compared to Yozakura yet in game they look the same.
I feel Asuka x Homura is all but canon at this point. I really hope they confirm it at some point. It's not like there are any rivals for the both of them anyway. Not that I'm aware of, at least.

Agreed about the models (and all the other points in Ultimadrago's post). It's even more jarring in PBS because Kiriya's model looks way more detailed than any of the girls' models. If they can give him a nice and muscular physique, why has Daidouji has to make do with painted-on abs that even make PS2-Vaan shake his head?

Since it's all about the girls and their bodies, it makes you wonder why they don't give their models more attention. Aside from general laziness, that is.

I'm aware of that. But the end result still looks strange. I would've either given Kiriya a less detailed model or spent more time on the girls' models to even things out. Preferably the latter.

Who knows, though. Maybe Kiriya was a taste of things to come in 7EVEN.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I feel Asuka x Homura is all but canon at this point. I really hope they confirm it at some point. It's not like there are any rivals for the both of them anyway. Not that I'm aware of, at least.

Agreed about the models (and all the other points in Ultimadrago's post). It's even more jarring in PBS because Kiriya's model looks way more detailed than any of the girls' models. If they can give him a nice and muscular physique, why has Daidouji has to make do with painted-on abs that even make PS2-Vaan shake his head?

Since it's all about the girls and their bodies, it makes you wonder why they don't give their models more attention. Aside from general laziness, that is.

Right? Daidouji needs to be RIPPED, my girl gets no love. T_T

I'm aware of that. But the end result still looks strange. I would've either given Kiriya a less detailed model or spent more time on the girls' models to even things out. Preferably the latter.

Who knows, though. Maybe Kiriya was a taste of things to come in 7EVEN.

Eh, I'll keep my expectations low. I still remember how Takaki promised the VN would have an entirely new model for Asuka and it turned out to be the same old model.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Maybe it's just because I've played a ton of Yakuza recently, but I'd like to see beat em up combat that maybe lowers the enemy count from the Musou-esque hordes but makes them slightly more interesting to fight. Enemies in the SK games I've played come in two categories: cannon fodder not worth thinking about, and super hard fucks that no sell your attacks and interrupt your chains.

Maybe it's just because I've played a ton of Yakuza recently, but I'd like to see beat em up combat that maybe lowers the enemy count from the Musou-esque hordes but makes them slightly more interesting to fight. Enemies in the SK games I've played come in two categories: cannon fodder not worth thinking about, and super hard fucks that no sell your attacks and interrupt your chains.

This is definitely more of a Tamsoft issue. I'm playing through Cyberdimension Neptunia right now and it's way more egregious here than in any SK game. I don't think some enemies even have animations for being attacked other than their dying animations. Anyone complaining about attacks in Code Vein not having any weight should play it so they know just how awful that would actually look and feel at times. Kind of sad actually because otherwise the game would actually be so much more fun if the balancing was better.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
This is definitely more of a Tamsoft issue. I'm playing through Cyberdimension Neptunia right now and it's way more egregious here than in any SK game. I don't think some enemies even have animations for being attacked other than their dying animations. Anyone complaining about attacks in Code Vein not having any weight should play it so they know just how awful that would actually look and feel at times. Kind of sad actually because otherwise the game would actually be so much more fun if the balancing was better.

Hmm. So it's down to the way the developer makes games. Are Tamsoft the main SK devs? Because I'm aware Takaki made that new studio, Honey Parade, are they a distinct entity?

If Takaki is truly the one behind the idea of spreading the SK games across difference platforms, then he needs to be slapped upside the head. Really don't want to get a Switch just so I don't miss out on any SK installments. :/

I have both platforms and I still agree with you and want him to stop. Pick one dammit. It would be one thing with each game was released on both but having different games not only from the same franchise but some of which are direct sequels spread across multiple platforms is fucking annoying.

ShinMaruku

Fellow Senran Fans if you are concerned about things, have a multi community discord where we can see where we move on.

If ya wanna check it out

Quote to see :)

The remake added some interesting tidbits of info that expand the series' lore

And holy shit, those documents are something else

Daidouji's letter

>To My Dear Mother,

>No matter how many times you write me, I have no intention of returning home.

>I have something I need to do, a promise with an old friend I need to fulfill.

>I also have no interest in marriage, in spite of your continuous advice.

>I will not recognize any man weaker than myself.

>I will choose my life partner of my own volition.

>My Regards

>* The sender's name has been torn off

It puts her interactions with Rin through the series in a new light, a gay light.

This one though, is a riot

>Hebijo Secret Document: A note of impure sex friendship between female students

>蛇女子学園の掲示板に張られていた注意書き

最近、学校敷地内で女生徒同士の不純同性交遊が見受けられます。

>本校、蛇女子学園は忍となるべく技術や志を学ぶ場所であり、 淫らな行為をする場所ではありません。

>今後、不純同性交遊を見つけ次第、厳しい処分を下していきます。 (程度によっては停学、退学の可能性もありえます)

Ran through Google Translate

>Notice written on the bulletin board of Snake Girls' School

>Recently, there is impure homosexuality exchanges among girls on the school premises.

>Our school, Snake Girls' School is a place where you can learn techniques and ambitions as a Shinobi, and it is not a place where you act a nasty act.

>In the future, as soon as I find impure homosexuals, I will make a tough disposal. (Depending on the degree, there is a possibility of suspension or withdrawal)

So much for "Evil accepts all"

Ridcully

Bless you, fighting for this thread on your lonesome. I didn't go through the video because it looks like it has spoilers and I'm still desperately hopeful there'll be a western release one day.

Thanks! And I'm glad I'm not the only one around.

Have more documents.

>Graduation message, intense excited writing
>『I'm gonna be the Super Ninja!』
>●●●● Name has been inked out
>I will become the Super Ninja of the future!
>Super Ninja is strong ninja that runs through the world and shines even in the shadows!
>And Super Ninja will hurt bad guys around the world and make the world peaceful!
>My favorite phrase is 『love and peace』 which means 『love and peace』! It is the most wonderful thing in the world!
>I fight with『love and peace』as my motto!

This one doesn't have a translation yet but seemingly it states that Yumi's parents were killed in duty as revenge for Kurokage's actions. So yeah, Kurokage keeps getting worse and worse the more is revealed of him.

>ある忍の物語1-5
>A piece of paper
>A statement that can’t be verified

>That man was a shinobi
>I have never had any doubts as to why I became a shinobi.
>My parents were a shinobi.
>It was enough reason

>That man was a shinobi.
>The job was hunting shinobi who abandoned their obligations and ran away.
>I've been hunting old comrades many times.
>The man gradually felt nothing.

>That man was a shinobi.
>The next target was a couple.
>It is not uncommon for married couples to be ninja.
>I did not feel anything that night, it was the job.

>That man was a shinobi.
>The man lost his parents.
>I couldn’t disobey the shinobi order.
>The night ended, the man stopped being a shinobi.

>That man was a shinobi.
>I lost my job, I lost my family, I lost my beliefs.
>That man was excellent as a shinobi and had no child or disciple.
>My teacher advised me to become a teacher so as not to waste that man.

>Document stamped 『Top Secret』
>Attention: This document is not to be seen by shinobi without clearance or by civilians. Those who view the information without the permission of the shinobi council members will receive final sanction.
>Confidential statement
>Directive: Investigation of possible massacre
>The river district has confirmed the presence of yoma in the adjacent forest. I will deal with them
>Regular contact was not maintained with the unit sent in earlier and it must be annihilated by now.
>Shinobi have reported that yoma are capable of possessing humans. There is a high possibility that the shinobi sent in earlier are infected this time as well. To this date, nobody has discovered a way to save infected shinobi. If you come across someone, please kill them without hesitation.

傀儡の販売チラシ
>Shinobi Puppet flyer for training the body and ninjutsu skills
>A sale of Training Puppets by the #1 shareholder in the Ninjutsu Tool Industry: WoIfen
>A fuel-efficient electric motor design that operates for 48 hours and 1 hour charge! Even if you use Ninjutsu on the puppet, it is not easy to break its ninjutsu coating protection!
Specification
Color: None
Material: timber
Weight: 250 kg
Total length: 175 cm
>Guaranteed to make you graduate!
>[Bulk discount] bargain! Buy 22 and receive a discount! Do not miss this chance for anything!

Redevelopment plan for the poor city
00 year × moon △ △ day
Mr. Dogen,
Giant warlords
Shinobusa establishment department establishment department
Business plan [business plan]
Redevelopment of urban areas
【Business plan summary】
From 19 XX to evict street dwellers occupying the city area,
Let's make the city area the planned construction site of a new ninja training school.
Establish a new breeding institution and establish a bad training training facility with a different management method from the private snake girls' school which is a bad training training facility
【Business details table of contents】
Main objective: Withdrawal of street dwellers in the same city Construction of a new bad evil training facility
Business description: Transport of street dwellers - Construction of exclusion training facility and outline of facility operation after construction
Prediction outcome: Normalization of the landscape in the city area Enhancement and extension of the Narcissus training institution
Detailed business contents are described separately in the document

> Article posted in weekly magazine
> Adopt perfect one-on-one system by lecturer and student,
> A certain teaching school characterized by individual tutoring firmly faced each student.
> We have handed out many difficulty schools every year and actual classes were sufficient,
> Because of the incredible incident, its trust is
> It ended up falling on the ground.
> Something Mr. S (graduate student, male) who was a coordinator at the cram school
> The whole body was stabbed with a thing like a knife and ambulance was carried to the hospital.
> And surprisingly, Mr. E (a junior high school girl, a woman) who is his student is cited as the suspect of this case.
> According to the officials, Mr. E started to go to a cram school when it was a first grade primary school student,
> Mr. S who was a first-year college student at that time
I was in charge of her class only.
> That is, the two had spent together for about 8 years,
> It is not possible for a cram school expert to be in charge of only one student for such long term
> It is extremely unusual, in the relationship between the two ceremonies and students
I guess that it was obvious that it was not.
> There was no sighting information that another person entered the private room which became the site,
> Since there are no thefts such as money and money, it is difficult to think of robbery work.
> Why this kind of miscarriage has occurred,
> The mystery is deepening.
> But despite this much evidence,
> The police say "It is difficult for Mr. E to do such a cruel crime.
> It was totally innocent just by accidentally being present at the scene. "
> Anything is an excuse that is hard to understand.
> According to experts, like this time
> When a student under 15 years old caused some scandal,
> There are not many cases where why doubt to students will fog away,
> In any case, it is almost the case that a big force is pulling thread under the shade.
> As if to support it, Mr. S is in hospital hospital, E's family,
> Even further, even the police have thoroughly refused the interview,
> There are many mysterious points.
> We, the reporter to grasp the truth of the incident,
> We will continue to investigate vigorously in the future.

Scrolls soothed and male no longer read

Oki is a thing that lives in the hearts of people.

Continuing to the name of a demon, living an extraordinary power and hanging on people.
The ogre resides in the person who loses the loved one and gives power to the host.
By the way, the host dwells with a sparkling red eye in its eyes.

From that eyes a red vampire overflows and changes to a beast living within the host.
From this, the ogre is hanged for those who love death and is transmitted as a figure.

And lastly, Daidouji's letter to Rin.

Well written old letter
Rin-san
"I am always waiting"
Until Rin-san is brought down by this hand, my spring will not come
Days and months have passed since you've turned your back to the world of shinobi
Having since graduating as Shinobi, word of your disappearance has reached my ear
Where you are now and what you've been doing;
I need no such news or reports.
Rin-san,
for however long, I will wait for that promised day.
When we will be at the schoolbuilding, Hanzou Academy

NoKisum

If that note is how Hebijo Academy runs their schools, then it's shocking that Haruka*, Imu, and Ryona were never expelled and/or killed.

*Before Crimson Squad was formally formed, obviously.

Ridcully

If that note is how Hebijo Academy runs their schools, then it's shocking that Haruka*, Imu, and Ryona were never expelled and/or killed.

*Before Crimson Squad was formally formed, obviously.

Well, it's policy set by the villain (presumably). What better indicator of illegitimacy is there?

Top Bottom