• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

I pre ordered the hardened edition in like April. I don't know if I still want it, will I have a problem trading pre orders with someone at the midnight ya' think?

I am curious about Infinity Wards love affair with the UMP, its again the most powerful and most accurate SM?

Zero interest in the game but I wanted to comment on the Official Thread, it's one of the best looking ones I've ever seen. Great job Dude!

Zeppelin

Very nice OP. Well done!

I won't buy the game personally. But I'll probably lend a copy of a friend and blast through the campaign in a year or so.

Aannnnd it's done!
So here's how it will work for those unfamiliar with the process.
If you guys want to play with fellow Gaffers, add the gamertag

MW3 NeoGAF

as a friend.

I will sign into the account at least once per day and accept all the friend requests the account gets.

That way, all you need to do is click on that account, click "View Friends," and whoever is online playing Modern Warfare 3 is from NeoGAF!

I'll also try to do the same thing on PS3 tomorrow.

Syph Medwes said:
Aannnnd it's done!

MW3 NeoGAF

as a friend.

I will sign into the account at least once per day and accept all the friend requests the account gets.

That way, all you need to do is click on that account, click "View Friends," and whoever is online playing Modern Warfare 3 is from NeoGAF!

Be advised, friendly friend request incoming, over.

Addnan

Great OP, wasn't even hyped for this game. But COD always gets me in the end.

Syph Medwes said:
Aannnnd it's done!

MW3 NeoGAF

as a friend.

added the account.

Mengetsu

Syph Medwes said:
Aannnnd it's done!

MW3 NeoGAF

as a friend.

Super genius! Look for a friend request from Matts Legacy.

soultron

Banned
I feel myself slowly being drawn into the hype. And I'm a hater.

So is the hype about this being the best and most balanced since COD4 true?

Man, I remember the names Price and Soap, but I don't remember anything about them.

The only memorable guy in 2 was Ghost cuz he looked kinda badass. Which is why he was killed off.

sigh. Was there any preview of the SP confirming this is the 'exciting conclusion' to the MW 'trilogy'?

Matts Legacy said:
Hey Syph Medwes If you don't mind I also gave a heads up to Facebook GAF about the GT and credited you of course.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/neogaf/
Oh yeah that's fine, the original idea came from someone in the Gears of War 3 thread I believe, but thanks. Either way I'll for sure manage "MW3 NeoGAF."

And I sent a request to the group. (didn't even know we were on FB)

Mengetsu

Syph Medwes said:
Oh yeah that's fine, the original idea came from someone in the Gears of War 3 thread I believe, but thanks. Either way I'll for sure manage "MW3 NeoGAF."

And I sent a request to the group. (didn't even know we were on FB)

Sweet.

Also

7 days?

ibnfbXOTOIkNuM.gif

Victrix

*beard*
Gonna be streaming the shit out of this. Can't wait.

edit: Random reasons this game fucking rocks

1) Great impact sounds for hit markers. No question if you nailed the dude.

2) Jamming ass-rock and atta'boy popups every time you do something cool in a match.

Key I tell you, key.

Mastadon

Banned
Syph Medwes said:
Aannnnd it's done!
If you guys want to play with fellow Gaffers, add the gamertag as a friend.

Might be an idea to put this in tags so lurkers can't see it? Great idea though!

So fucking hyped for this game.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Throwing my chip in the pile.

MW2 is my ultimate guilty pleasure.
Haha tell me about it.
I have it for PS3 and 360 (long story) so I'll play it on one console, prestige, then get impatient waiting to level up, switch consoles, and play till I prestige on that one.
It's an endless cycle.

LQX

Sebulon3k said:
Is anyone getting this for the PC
KuGsj.gif
Whats funny? I'm getting it for PC though BLOPS ran like shit due to being CPU limited. Other than that even after the console versions started getting preferential treatment the PC versions of COD have always ran and looked better.

kuYuri

Also, PM9 in OP is not right. Here's what it looks like in MW3:

mVCfV.jpg

Here's a real life version:

PM9.jpg

Finally, for everyone else, here's some X-Play footage that was shown earlier, not best quality, but it's what I found for now:

http://youtu.be/oKnYqmQvTZM

Is there any news on how the pointstreaks will be unlocked? The killstreak unlock system in MW2 was really terrible and I hope it's not even close to that.

Everything should just be unlocked at the start.

Top Bottom