• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

L~A
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:00 PM)
L~A's Avatar
Media Create:

New3DS LL 19,811
Vita 19,471
Wii U 16,033
PS4 8,375
New3DS 4,672
PS3 2,411
3DS 1,527
Vita TV 739
Xbox One 737
3DS LL 729


151k for Pokémon
Ryng_tolu
Banned
(09-25-2015, 03:08 PM)

Originally Posted by L~A

Media Create:

Vita TV 739
Xbox One 737
3DS LL 729

Battle of the titan. :P
hiska-kun
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:10 PM)
hiska-kun's Avatar
Silver Week will probably give a small momentary jump next week, but September (and October) are really very slow periods in Japan.
Bruno MB
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:12 PM)
Bruno MB's Avatar
Big difference for Super Mario Maker.

Famitsu - 83.572 (-42%)
Media Create - 54.544 (-61%)
Ryng_tolu
Banned
(09-25-2015, 03:13 PM)
Where is the new thread?

Originally Posted by Bruno MB

Big difference for Super Mario Marker.

Famitsu - 83.572 (-42%)
Media Create - 54.544 (-61%)

Holy shit. o.O
Tripon
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:14 PM)
Tripon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bruno MB

Big difference for Super Mario Maker.

Famitsu - 83.572 (-42%)
Media Create - 54.544 (-61%)

Digital sales.
Ōkami
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:17 PM)

Originally Posted by L~A

Media Create:

New3DS LL 19,811
Vita 19,471
Wii U 16,033
PS4 8,375
New3DS 4,672
PS3 2,411
3DS 1,527
Vita TV 739
Xbox One 737
3DS LL 729


151k for Pokémon

PS4 sells half of what it did the previoys week, XB1 sells nearly 4 times as much as the previous week.

Originally Posted by Tripon

Digital sales.

Neither number includes digital.
Rymuth
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:18 PM)
Rymuth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bruno MB

Big difference for Super Mario Maker.

Famitsu - 83.572 (-42%)
Media Create - 54.544 (-61%)

Famitsu superior tracker confirmed, :p
Tripon
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:18 PM)
Tripon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ōkami

Neither number includes digital.

Famitsu doesn't include digital?
The_lascar
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:20 PM)
The_lascar's Avatar
Only for the monthly top 30.
But the download cards can make the difference.
Ōkami
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Tripon

Famitsu doesn't include digital?

No, they release digital estimates once per month, but digital isn't included on the weekly.
Cosmo Clock 21
Banned
(09-25-2015, 03:22 PM)
Cosmo Clock 21's Avatar
Puzzle& dragons at 50 million downloads worldwide.
Pennywise83
Banned
(09-25-2015, 03:28 PM)
Pennywise83's Avatar
Famitsu:

YW Busters: 39.2k / 1471k
Splatoon: 19.4k / 690k
Aostia
El Capitan Todd
(09-25-2015, 03:29 PM)
Aostia's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ōkami

No, they release digital estimates once per month, but digital isn't included on the weekly.

Download cards sold at retail are included in Famitsu, on the other hand. Not saying that this is the reason of the gap in this very case, btw.
Ryng_tolu
Banned
(09-25-2015, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Pennywise83

Famitsu:

YW Busters: 39.2k / 1471k
Splatoon: 19.4k / 690k

Sorry, i don't see the numbers, can you say how much sold Splatoon in Media Create?
( for unit )
Kresnik258
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:39 PM)
Kresnik258's Avatar
I can't tell if that's good or not for Vita. On the one hand it's up a fair bit on the back of colours and a load of games which appeal to the existing fanbase, but on the flip side I was expecting a little more.

Wonder if the trickle of software we're getting over the coming weeks will keep it level.
Eolz
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:48 PM)
Eolz's Avatar
No new thread?
Good software holds for everyone imo.
dolemite
Member
(09-25-2015, 03:53 PM)
dolemite's Avatar
Splatoon finally over Mario Kart?
Pennywise83
Banned
(09-25-2015, 03:53 PM)
Pennywise83's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ryng_Tolu

Sorry, i don't see the numbers, can you say how much sold Splatoon in Media Create?
( for unit )

I don't actually know the url to get MC rankings :P Famitsu is http://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/
Ryng_tolu
Banned
(09-25-2015, 03:56 PM)

Originally Posted by dolemite

Splatoon finally over Mario Kart?

Yes for Famitsu.
For Media Create, probabily one week to go...

Originally Posted by Pennywise83

I don't actually know the url to get MC rankings :P Famitsu is http://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

I wanna update my Splatoon VS Mario Kart graph. :(
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(09-25-2015, 04:00 PM)
Nirolak's Avatar
1.) Monster Strike
2.) Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light
3.) Final Fantasy: Record Keeper
4.) Puzzle & Dragons

https://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/to...?device=iphone

You might have to log in to get non-delayed charts.

You can hover over the links to get most names in English in the chart, but you have to click on quite a few to get readable English instead of English versions of Katakana.



Pennywise83
Banned
(09-25-2015, 04:04 PM)
Pennywise83's Avatar
It might be useful to write the chart in the English language as well (even though one can safely guess what are those games: Monster Striker, DQM Super Light, FF and Puzzle & Dragons) and post the source, thanks.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(09-25-2015, 04:04 PM)
Nirolak's Avatar
Good point! Fixed.

That said, as a side note, I suspect a fair share of this is the direction P&D is heading instead of huge surges in what these titles make during events.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(09-25-2015, 04:09 PM)
Nirolak's Avatar
New thread is up: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116848
Kresnik258
Member
(09-25-2015, 04:09 PM)
Kresnik258's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pennywise83

I don't actually know the url to get MC rankings :P Famitsu is http://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20150925068/
Ryng_tolu
Banned
(09-25-2015, 04:13 PM)
Splatoon 16,772 unit in Media Create. Here we go



Fisico
Member
(09-25-2015, 05:41 PM)
Fisico's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pennywise83

No, AA5 didn't have one, and neither AAT had one (it was already sold at a budget price after all). Budget releases are going to affect newer properties (as DGS can be seen) because the fanbase might reluctant to jump to a spin-off at full price - or they sell well when there's some cross-media promotion (e.g. anime). We have also to remember that the game was highly supply constrained shortly after the launch and this of course had an effect on sales.

I'm not as optimistic as you are for the budget rerelease but fair point.

However the supply constraint argument is getting old and only worked for a few weeks after release, any person who wanted to buy the game one way or another (retail, digital or used market) had more than enough time to do so by now (eg. the high digital ratio for August)
If there really was a huge stock problem we should have seen a spike in sales by now as new shipments hit the shelves (in fact you could say the 6th week "hold" may be because of that), and yet sales are dropping at the usual pace

Media Create numbers

2nd week: -82%
3rd week: -60%
4th week: -36%
5th week: -35%
6th week: -1%
7th week: -50%
8th week: from rank 19 to 29
9th week from rank 29 to 35
10th week: from rank 35 to 38

For 11th week Dengeki don't have it in top 50 (it was 43 in 10th week)

That maybe anecdotal too, but the game price didn't skyrocket or anything whether for new or used copies (~4.000-4.500yens) for what I saw in stores in various cities at the end of August/early September (which would be 9th and 10th week).

Thread Tools