• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Joni

New hints for next season:

Thank you so much for asking about Arrow, which follows the derring-do of a costumed crimefighter! In addition to Oliver’s yet-to-be-cast new frenemy and the vigilante Wild Dog, Season 5 will also introduce us to the recurring character of Derek Zaba, a man of
 fierce intelligence whose wit and humor belie a person wrestling with 
deep-seated demons. Derek looks to his Jewish faith to ground
 himself, having been raised in a devout family, and while usually kind and
 well-meaning, he also can come off as a physical threat. (He sounds very Russian flashback-y, yes?)

Looks like Riverdale is when the 90s kids will invade.
Reign started that with Adelaide Kane and Toby Regbo.

I don't hate the casting, it works someday people will stop holding out hope for Welling to do anything Superman related, also was reminded that I never got around to watching Road to Perdition.

ZeroX03

Banned
Seeing that the announcement has been pretty specific about Superman's presence in the first two episodes, I wonder if his inclusion was a special allowance to try and keep ratings strong with the network move? You can't get more mainstream impact than the big blue Boy Scout.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm cool with the Superman casting. Seems like a very CW choice, and we know he won't be around very long. I'm just relieved it wasn't Welling. The minute these shows start reaching Smallville depths, I'm bouncing. They need to keep as much distance from those days as possible.

Joni

The new guy is going to be mad Oliver stole his name. What a bad superhero name is
vigilante

Just heard about
Wild Dog
. Ugh... looks like I'm watching the next season.
If you are going to watch it for someone on that level, you were never dropping out.

ZeroX03

Banned
What's the best
Flash's suspicious new contemporary and Supergirl's brash leading man are both vigilantes too
? Every show gets one!

Magwik

Banned
"We don't have any more stories for the Black Canary"
"LOOK AT ALL OF THESE NEW VIGILANTEES"

Also Superman on Supergirl probably specific to the first two episodes because of the pussy footing they did last season as well as the fact that they'll probably kill him off in some sort of crisis

ZeroX03

Banned
"We don't have any more stories for the Black Canary"
"LOOK AT ALL OF THESE NEW VIGILANTEES"

They're not really that similar to Black Canary*. Also they're probably destined to die.

Laurel contributed the least to the team/show. Fresh blood can be a good thing.

okay Adrian Chase will be the new DA, that's pretty funny

Also Superman on Supergirl probably specific to the first two episodes because of the pussy footing they did last season as well as the fact that they'll probably kill him off in some sort of crisis

Pussy footing around it doesn't suddenly allow DC to let the Man of Tomorrow out of the sun. I think the network move + promise to write him off was enough to allow him.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah so far we've got him for two episodes on Supergirl and that's it. Feels like it might be a Constantine deal, in and out.

strafer

it begins

a0a4852c15dc36851b9a7c08ff989525.jpg

Premiere dates have been announced, nothing really surprising here.

Tuesday, Oct. 4
8 pm: The Flash

Wednesday, Oct. 5
8 pm: Arrow

Monday, Oct. 10
8 pm: Supergirl

Thursday, Oct. 13
8 pm: DC’s Legends of Tomorrow

Joni

Supergirl and presumably Legends aren't 23 episode seasons, that's why they're a week later.
The CW did the same last year, the Monday show started a week later to let flash begin. For Legends, I looked at the full schedule, they have a music festival planned for those days so that explains that. Worst news is that Vampire Diaries comes two weeks later. So for the moment no news about season length.

ZeroX03

Banned
Damn you really want to beat me in a DC TV thread, huh?

The iHeartRadio festival isn't aired live, it's an event they like to put at the start of the season because they can and air whenever they want. They chose to have Legends back a week.

ZeroX03

Banned
We'll see if they're beholden to the old peaks of Superman, but it was about that dark in the pilot. Plus the same long cape style as MoS.

If they are aiming for consistency with Supergirl, wonder if the yellow crest is gone and a red or yellow belt is in.

Wouldn't expect a stand-in in a temp suit to influence much. Especially pilots where elements and the tone aren't settled yet, half those things get abandoned. New guy will be getting a suit designed from scratch, and this show has been all about being bright and colorful in sunny California dreary Vancouver.

Joni

Damn you really want to beat me in a DC TV thread, huh?

The iHeartRadio festival isn't aired live, it's an event they like to put at the start of the season because they can and air whenever they want. They chose to have Legends back a week.
Yes. Still I wouldn't worry, as they also delayed supernatural and even if Legends is shorter, they need a lot of air time as they need to show a lot.
There are a lot of season lenghts I'm very curious about.

ZeroX03

Banned
I wouldn't call it a 100% confirmation but it's as good as, so you have my permission to hype:

@grantgust: @HamillHimself this is great. Happy Father's Day, Mark! See you this season!

mid83

Since this seems to be a catch all for comic book-ish shows, I'm curious about a couple series since I use the summer to catch up on stuff I didn't watch during the season.

Are Supergirl and Lucifer worth watching? I'm a little hesitant on Supergirl since the previews last fall looked rough, but I'm willing to give it a shot if people who have seen the season seem to feel it's worth it.

Also, Lucifer seemed interesting but I didn't have time to fit it in during my spring tv schedule. Is it worth a watch? Also, is it a pure procedural or does it have larger story arcs as well?

Joni

Since this seems to be a catch all for comic book-ish shows, I'm curious about a couple series since I use the summer to catch up on stuff I didn't watch during the season.

Are Supergirl and Lucifer worth watching? I'm a little hesitant on Supergirl since the previews last fall looked rough, but I'm willing to give it a shot if people who have seen the season seem to feel it's worth it.

Also, Lucifer seemed interesting but I didn't have time to fit it in during my spring tv schedule. Is it worth a watch? Also, is it a pure procedural or does it have larger story arcs as well?

For Supergirl, it starts weak but it becomes a fun show with some excellent episodes. Also scores well when it comes to characters like Cat Grant, so ideal to catch up on the summer. Haven't seen Lucifer.

bryanee

Lucifer is a fun show. I have no idea how it is compared to the original source materiel but I feel its worth watching just for the guy playing Lucifer, he is so good in the role and he's swag personified.

Its mainly procedural but there is an arc that carries on through out the entire season but it does take a backseat in some episodes. Its a short season as well so its an easy binge watch.

Maddocks

Lucifer is great to watch if you don't know any of the source material. I hope they incorp more of the source mat into it next season. It takes a few episodes probably around 5 to find its footing but it is a fun show to watch and like some have said Tom Ellis who plays Lucifer is just having a blast with the role and that is worth watching just to see him go across all the emotional spectrums.

Top Bottom