• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV May 24 update adds survey to title screen regarding future updates

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
All of that story content needs to be added for the story to achieve a minimal passing grade to be honest. I don't know what to choose. Ardyn's past would be good I guess. They could work in the Lucis line and Ifrit's betrayal into the same story add-on.

Elven_Star

I'm still on 1.08. I don't care about stuff like framepacing, framerate, etc. Do I need to update to 1.10? Have they added/changed anything story-related since 1.08?

Toth

What a survey. I want all of these so bad ; ;

I chose Ifrit because I am a lore fiend.

edit: These choices hopefully indicate that these are all things being worked on and they are just trying to figure out what to do/ release first

I kinda cbf downloading the patch, is that the only way to vote lol?

I think Ifrit would be the most interesting and I also like Luna so a toss up between that.

benzy

Does story content refer to only cutscenes or might there be actual playable portions like the Gladio Ch13 update?

Ardyn's past

Or Ifrit's betrayel
tumblr_ol3ahiRo881twy7g6o1_500.gif

Hmmm

Edit - Actually I think Ardyn will be more interesting in learning why he turned out the way he did and how he was shunned by the gods after being the chosen one.

Tabata just do all!

Impossible I know but damn adryn or Noctis disappearance.. I mean imagine you get to do some training with bahamut.

Socivol

This poll is trash specifically for the story related questions. They KNOW that all of that content needs to be added to make a cohesive story and yet they want you to pick which aspects you want the most. I'm annoyed by this. Giving you the option to add a character that was supposed to be a playable character to begin with (Cor) is also pretty insulting.

darkwing

This poll is trash specifically for the story related questions. They KNOW that all of that content needs to be added to make a cohesive story and yet they want you to pick which aspects you want the most. I'm annoyed by this. Giving you the option to add a character that was supposed to be a playable character to begin with (Cor) is also pretty insulting.

maybe it's a checklist, first come first serve

hopefully

Vashetti

Banned
This poll is trash specifically for the story related questions. They KNOW that all of that content needs to be added to make a cohesive story and yet they want you to pick which aspects you want the most. I'm annoyed by this.

Yup it is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

You read the whole list and realise that all of that should be added. Then you remember they're making us choose, meaning not all of this is going to happen.

This poll is trash specifically for the story related questions. They KNOW that all of that content needs to be added to make a cohesive story and yet they want you to pick which aspects you want the most. I'm annoyed by this.

I would argue that the only essential one is Ardyn's past when it comes to story. It'd probably explains a lot of Ifrit's lore in the process, too.

Luna's and Cor's "activities" sound like fluff, Line of Lucis sounds like nice background lore more than anything, World of Ruin is more of a gameplay feature, and Noctis's disappearance seems unnecessary. He slept 10 years in the crystal to absorb its power, that's all we need to know really.

Socivol

I would argue that the only essential one is Ardyn's past when it comes to story. It'd probably explains a lot of Ifrit's lore in the process, too.

Luna's and Cor's "activities" sound like fluff, Line of Lucis sounds like nice background lore more than anything, World of Ruin is more of a gameplay feature, and Noctis's disappearance seems unnecessary. He slept 10 years in the crystal to absorb its power, that's all we need to know really.

While some of the things you mention might seem like "fluff" they would make the story more cohesive. Luna's activities particularly because when she dies there is no weight behind it because we barely interact with her. I am going to choose the Ardyn one because he is such a compelling character but the list is all of the story content people have been asking for since last November. If they are going to add story content the way they did with Chapter 13 they can keep it. It was so fuck effort that it was more annoying than satisfying.

benzy

None of those characters even need to be playable. Fans were just consistently asking for them, especially Aranea and Cor.

Bahamut time chamber training!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
For those of you being hopeful for that list, going to put something into context. I guarantee you those are stuff that they actually have readily available that simply was cut because it wasn't polished in time for November launch last year. Those look like it was stuff that was cherry picked to be cut and is now being added as part of the "feedback process" in order to make it seem like we're getting a deal. I can't believe some of you guys are eating this up.

Want an example of what I'm talking about? How about 13-2. They didn't magically bring back voice actors to have that cutscene done. It was still pre-recorded and a cutscene most likely already done and gameplay already done that they gutted because it couldn't meet deadline or they held it back for the timing of the DLC release. Either of which are inexcusable.

You read the whole list and realise that all of that should be added. Then you remember they're making us choose, meaning not all of this is going to happen.

Everything on that list is all going to happen. It's just going to be slowly dripped to us throughout the year and possibly next year to make the game last a longer time. They're doing it all for us! The fans! This is all good news! I love game development and release!

Toth

SE already said a few of things were happening (namely Ardyn DLC and Araena/Cor/Iris) so my take is that this is a list of content compiled from the last survey and all currently scheduled to be put into the game. The items are too specific to be some random ideas.
I really believe that the purpose of this survey is see which are the lowest scored ones (probably playable Gentiana and the Line of Lucis / armigar buffs) so they will be given minimal priority for implementation instead of whatever are the most popular choices.

For those of you being hopeful for that list, going to put something into context. I guarantee you those are stuff that they actually have readily available that simply was cut because it wasn't polished in time for November launch last year. Those look like it was stuff that was cherry picked to be cut and is now being added as part of the "feedback process" in order to make it seem like we're getting a deal. I can't believe some of you guys are eating this up.

Want an example of what I'm talking about? How about 13-2. They didn't magically bring back voice actors to have that cutscene done. It was still pre-recorded and a cutscene most likely already done and gameplay already done that they gutted because it couldn't meet deadline or they held it back for the timing of the DLC release. Either of which are inexcusable.

a. These are free updates. They don't have to do anything but release the 4 DLCs.
b. Things get cut all the time in development. Not surprising. There's no conspiracy.
c. What are you talking about with 13-2? The Goddess DLC? IIRC the reason that took a bit to release is because they designed a whole new gameplay mechanic around it. They also had to create new cutscenes and recordings for all the coliseum battles too.

Thanks, you made everything clear. Thanks for this.

Fuck that list. I'd love some protect/shell/haste magic, but maybe I'd also like to see who Ardyn was too. Why make me choose you jerks?

kayos90

Someone needs to compare the old rumors/leaks from before the game release and after the game release and if the content matches with these updates when they go live. I'm going to rofl so hard.

Everything on that list is all going to happen. It's just going to be slowly dripped to us throughout the year and possibly next year to make the game last a longer time. They're doing it all for us! The fans! This is all good news! I love game development and release!

Some of us acknowledge the problems but still look forward to the hope that down the road the game will be a lot better. But it's okay for people to be excited. I rarely post in FFXV threads anymore because some people choose to be so damn hateful about everything.

Fj0823

Are we pastare the shitposting stage of a FFXV Thread?

Good.

The part I want is to have Iris abdand Aranea as playable characters, Ardyn's story might be nice but he's the kind of villain who, like the joker, works best with an mysterious background

kayos90

Pretty insulting this stuff is on a survey at all.

Pretty insulting we have this survey period. lmao. I wonder if they think most gamers are just THIS naive. Actually... fuck it. We probably are.

EDIT: Can OP put the survey image in first post. Would be helpful for newcomers to the thread.

Literally everything? Nah. I would LIKE everything but I don't think every single thing on there must absolutely be done. Like I don't need to play as Cor or I don't need a hard mode.

None of those characters even need to be playable. Fans were just consistently asking for them, especially Aranea and Cor.

I would take it. >.>

The story things shouldn't even be on a list, should be automatic. Should only have the other stuff, and whatever gets highest should be done first. I would go with hard mode, along with new game plus not carrying levels over.

kayos90

Can i have a story content about the Nifelheim Empire please? like... lmao... you know... the antagonists???? lol.

SoulUnison

Banned
I swear there's NO game that attracts the level of drive-by "hey guess what guys I don't like this game lol" shitposts like XV does.

We get it. The story is sparse and badly presented. Can we talk about the thread topic instead of something that's been obvious since, like, Day 2?

Toth

My gosh we are just sooooo fucking dumb. We're screwed as consumers. *sigh*

Some first reactions on twitter

The more chat the better. Based on what we have seen so far from Tabata, lots of feedback matters to him. If people want all of these changes, let him hear it outside of this survey.

kayos90

The more chat the better. Based on what we have seen so far from Tabata, lots of feedback matters to him. If people want all of these changes, let him hear it outside of this survey.

Is this really feedback? Is this survey reallyyyyyyy feedback?

Top Bottom