• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Twintelle bringing no fucks given realness with a cup of hot tea, when will your favs ever.

(Seriously, some great designs all-round, though. I wasn't expecting some of them to be that eccentric.)

Master Mummy for me. You don't see a mummy in fighting games that often. He's big, mean, and wears spandex.

Also, I am just now seeing these new characters. Twintelle, a girl who fights using her twin-tail style hair? ...what hath Nintendo wrought.

phanphare

Banned
giphy.gif

kung fu kenny approved

Moonlight

Banned
I'm a fan of robots and cool girls and combinations of them. Mechanica is my favourite, probably. Really like Twintelle, Minmin, and Ninjara, too.

Amir0x

Banned
To be honest Twintelle is just an awesome design period. I don't even think ARMS looks any good but I'd play a whole game starring Twintelle. Probably one of the best Nintendo designs in years.

Make it happen, Nintendo. Twintelle the videogame.

Nyoro SF

The designs are all really good, it's kind of tough... Ninjara's chains in particular, just look fantastic.

Ah who am I kidding, TWIN TAILS FOR LIFE

Aldric

Helix and Twintelle.

They're legit two of the best character designs l've seen in any fighting game. Relatively simple but immediately memorable. Nintendo artists are amazing.

L Thammy

I don't know about anyone else, but the reason I like Minmin is because of the look in her eyes. Like she's about to wreck you right now.

A lot of folks are clearly attracted to Twintelle because she's sexy with a big ol booty n' stuff, but I feel like she's gonna also have a pretty healthy following of queer male fans.
She's got that whole hyper-feminine drag queen pop star diva vibe going on, kind of like Bayonetta.

Neiteio

I lol'd at the part in the Direct where Byte kneels down to pet Barq, and then they both look at the camera, lol

I'm think this is my current design tier list (and this is subject to change often):

01) Byte & Barq
02) Spring Man
03) Twintelle
04) Helix
05) Min Min
06) Master Mummy
07) Ribbon Girl
08) Ninjara
09) Mechanica
10) Kid Cobra

But I love all 10 characters. All 10 have great designs!

RedBoot

Probably Minmin or Helix, but honestly, I like them all, even if that sounds like a cop-out.

Spring Man has really grown on me, too. I agree that he's got a strong simplicity to his design.

Byte's arms really should have been made out of police tape. Bit of a missed opportunity there.

Harpoon

Byte and Barq. Not just a robot cop and his dog, they're a British robot cop and his dog! That's so much better than what I was expecting.

I also really like how Kid Cobra looks.

Neiteio

Probably Minmin or Helix, but honestly, I like them all, even if that sounds like a cop-out.

Spring Man has really grown on me, too. I agree that he's got a strong simplicity to his design.

Byte's arms really should have been made out of police tape. Bit of a missed opportunity there.
I agree police tape would've been cool, but the coils look more durable and robot-like. :)

I wonder what the post-release characters will be, though.

mas8705

Really hard to say in all honesty, so I'll list three

Byte and Barq- I'm a dog lover myself, but something about the idea of having an assist in ARMS does sound like a fun idea, while at the same time could mean that Byte himself could run into a few problems if Barq gets punched. Still, I love the dynamic teamwork the two can bring.

Helix- In a game about stretchy limbs, Helix was definitely as unique as they come for not just the DNA Man Arms, but also how it can stretch itself and dodge around like it does. I can see Helix being a favorite if people figure out how to play his dodging abilities to the max.

Twintelle- While it would be fun to just say "EXTRA THICC!!!" the reason why I gave her a mention is actually for the idea that her ARMS is really her HAIR. It is brilliant and different from all other fighters, and you have to love how she does have "ZA WARUDO!" ability too in order to dodge incoming attacks too.

Honestly, it is going to be hard to say which character is the best to use, so this is going to be fun to watch if this does get more competitive.

Golnei

While there are some undeniable points of differentiation, Twintelle overlaps too much with Ribbon Girl - just from a visual perspective, there's little reason for the latter to exist as her own character when Twintelle uses the a similar basic silhouette with more personality and a better gimmick. Maybe they could have used Min-Min as the game's stock female fighter instead?

In any case, I still think Min-Min is the game's standout design; I'd be much more positively disposed towards it if they were all on her level. Helix is cute, though.

javac

Min-Min but I doubt that I'll be good as her. Love Mechanica's color scheme. I don't know who I'll end up playing as the most, perhaps Ribbon Girl, either way I'm a fan of all the designs so it's all good.

KraytarJ

My top 5

1. Minmin
2. Twintelle
3. Helix
4. Byte & Barq
5. Ribbon Girl

Those are the ones I'd consider really good. The other half are okay too but not on the same level.

Speely

Banned
Hmm tough call. B+B are awesome, and Twintelle is so glamorous and visually-striking...

... but I think Min Min is absolutely perfect and one of the best character designs I have ever seen. So Win Min for me. I'll prolly main her as well, though who knows.

Majukun

don't particularly care for the overall design...they all look like 90s toys

if i had to choose i'd say twintelle..but helix looks the best in motion despite looking rather bad and generic in the artwork

Both best and worst are easy for me.

Best: Minmin. Perfection!

Worst: Helix. I hate his, body, I hate his color, and I especially hate his face. I don't like the design.

RedBoot

I wonder what the post-release characters will be, though.

Little Mac, Lanky Kong, Mario holding two Ultra Hands, and Monkey D. Luffy. :p

More seriously, I'd like to see a fighter with vine/plant arms, since that was one of the popular speculations.

Oddly enough, Kid Cobra. Didn't like him much on initial reveal, but he looks super cool in motion. Seems likely I'all be jumping between him and Ribbon Girl at launch. Maybe some Min Min for good measure.

Top Bottom