• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumRush

There's a hotdog place in Austin named Frank's that has a hotdog with bacon, Mac and cheese and barbecue sauce. We can all agree on how amazing that sounds, yes?

mjp2417

Banned
The Yankees need to pull the stick out of their collective asses. Oh what's next players with facial hair!?!?!

CEWCNzLVAAAIlGe.jpg

Caja 117

There was that stat the other night, most men left on base since the All-Star break. Yankees had the most by a significant margin. It's ridiculous.
Gray has pitched 12 innings as a Yankee and the offense have scored 0 runs while he was on the mound.

If the Cards win today they are one game back. I have full expectations for Matheny to fuck up down the stretch, but if this team somehow pulls out a division win, this rotation is going to make this team dangerous in the playoffs.

Such a bizarre season.

nothing says postseason intimidation like lance lynn, mike leake, and michael wacha

nothing says postseason intimidation like lance lynn, mike leake, and michael wacha

This is some really bad trolling

Wacha is 18th in fWAR for all starters this year, Leake is 28th (which is fine for a team's 4/5 starter). Lynn has obviously bad peripherals this year but before TJ he was a top 20 pitcher.

Maybe recent events have you down. Cheer up! You're still a game ahead.

This is some really bad trolling

Wacha is 18th in fWAR for all starters this year, Leake is 28th (which is fine for a team's 4/5 starter). Lynn has obviously bad peripherals this year but before TJ he was a top 20 pitcher.

Maybe recent events have you down. Cheer up! You're still a game ahead.

the cardinals rotation has been great and if they make the playoffs they have a great shot. i just actually thought it was funny to stress the rotation and call it "dangerous" in comparison to guys like scherzer/strasburg/kershaw/darvish/etc. outside of martinez, the cardinals rotation isn't exactly full of those dominant top end guys who can overpower guys in the playoffs . these aren't guys who you're hoping to get 7-8 innings and double digit strikeouts out of.

anyways, the cubs are having kind of a crappy season. it's kind of hard for me to feel bad that the also kind of crappy cardinals are like 3 games over .500 or whatever. the cubs are lucky to be in this ass division in the first place. this is honestly not close to trolling. if they make the playoffs, their opponents and their fans aren't going to be saying "oh man, leake and wacha are going to be tough", c'mon. getting non-overpowering guys like that in the playoffs is pretty much the best you can hope for.

Man, this series was bad... I still debated whether this Royals team would even make it to the playoffs. Even if they do end up, I don't think that they would make it far unless they got hot like in 2014.

The team is just so streaky: either they look amazing and go on a 8-game winning streak or go on an 8-game losing streak. It doesn't help that it looks like the Cards got hot at this time and our bullpen has been used a lot more than it should be between how long the starters have gone and the double header before this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom