• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Yep same here, Sprint store Friday evening.

Same. Raided there once on 9/3. Has to be a sprint promotion as the other EX Raid in town is also at a Sprint store.

LoAgnHC.png

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
yeah i bet they only invite like 20 people from the stop so they dont get crowds i dont think cities would like 100+ people gathering in one spot especially on sidewalks near places like sprint stores

GulAtiCa

There is a T1 raid at the Sprint store near my work in 35 minutes. Totally going to go do it. lol

Also, I'm up to 7 10k eggs again now. Certainly going a lot faster then before. I'll do another 9 10k lucky egg hatch again. Got like 85+k when I hatched the last batch like 2 weeks ago. I'm really hoping I hatch some Porygons for a 100%.

Speaking of which. This game is trolling my fiance. She has now hatched 6 Porygons. As well as 6 Mareeps. lol

robochimp

yeah i bet they only invite like 20 people from the stop so they dont get crowds i dont think cities would like 100+ people gathering in one spot especially on sidewalks near places like sprint stores

Between the various Facebook groups, I see about 15 people who have posted that they got invites to the same raid. My guess would be it will end up being 50 people.

Judging just by the facebook group, and not spoofers, discord, etc.

We're at about 25 in one event and 10 in the other.

We'll see how this goes.

Tonight I make posts to sort people by team and then sort them into "early" and "late" arrivals so everyone knows who to look for.

Feels kind of like the early days of WoW.

Can't wait to assign people Minus 50 DKP.

GulAtiCa

Both of these popped last night. The best thing, is that the Dratini was at my work! So, even though I already have a 100% Dragonite fully leveled up, I just had to get it. On my way back to my house a Growlithe popped. Best part? Lv 30! Now I just need 1 more Dratini so I can have a 100% Dragonair on me.

gutshot

Both of these popped last night. The best thing, is that the Dratini was at my work! So, even though I already have a 100% Dragonite fully leveled up, I just had to get it. On my way back to my house a Growlithe popped. Best part? Lv 30! Now I just need 1 more Dratini so I can have a 100% Dragonair on me.

Are you using a local scanner? Or are you just insanely lucky with all these 100% IV catches?

GulAtiCa

Using a local scanner. I'm subscribed ($10 a month) to one that tells me where all the good Pokemon are. I just then need to drive over there, if I can make it in time. What I find really useful is that it tells me when raids pop up.

A few weeks back a 100% Snorlax popped with like insane CP. I was busy with work, having to come in early. If I came in at normal time, I would have passed it as it spawned. Sad. :( lol

I started a new goal of going after 100%. Really want a Porygon now. lol

There is a T1 raid at the Sprint store near my work in 35 minutes. Totally going to go do it. lol

Also, I'm up to 7 10k eggs again now. Certainly going a lot faster then before. I'll do another 9 10k lucky egg hatch again. Got like 85+k when I hatched the last batch like 2 weeks ago. I'm really hoping I hatch some Porygons for a 100%.

Speaking of which. This game is trolling my fiance. She has now hatched 6 Porygons. As well as 6 Mareeps. lol

This would be absolutely welcomed for me.

T.O.P

Banned
Using a local scanner. I'm subscribed ($10 a month) to one that tells me where all the good Pokemon are. I just then need to drive over there, if I can make it in time. What I find really useful is that it tells me when raids pop up.

Started having a scanner in my area a couple of months ago (5$ a month)

It kinda kills the sense of wonder tbh, but i'm still mad excited to see certain rare spawns and 100% IV's the area

GulAtiCa

Yeah, same. The random sighting of a Snorlax feeling is gone. (Though still feels weird to see in wild haha). But my sense of fun is still there, helps me aim for my goals. Probably wouldn't even have my 100% Dratini if I didn't do this.

This scanner def kicked my hunt of Dratinis into overtime and enabled my need to catch them all. lol.

Although really, I was already using those free ones all the time to occasionally see when Dratinis pop up. So, kinda the same, just more consistent.

Natiko

Banned
I'm glad Niantic left the raid starting soon notifications on for EX Raids even if you don't have an EX pass. Thanks for notifying me of a raid you've restricted me from accessing! Sigh.

robochimp

I'm glad Niantic left the raid starting soon notifications on for EX Raids even if you don't have an EX pass. Thanks for notifying me of a raid you've restricted me from accessing! Sigh.

When does the raid start? Isn't the next round tomorrow. I battled the gym my raid is at tomorrow and I did not get that notification.

Natiko

Banned
When does the raid start? Isn't the next round tomorrow. I battled the gym my raid is at tomorrow and I did not get that notification.
It was in twenty minutes or so. I hadn't battled at the gym recently if ever, so it was just frustrating to see that pop up lol

Replicant

A few weeks back a 100% Snorlax popped with like insane CP. I was busy with work, having to come in early. If I came in at normal time, I would have passed it as it spawned. Sad. :( lol

I started a new goal of going after 100%. Really want a Porygon now. lol

How is that possible? A few months ago I can understand but these days, the IV have been randomised by Niantic. Am I wrong? I often go into raids or pokemon catching with friends and each one usually have different CP/IV combination.

zulux21

How is that possible? A few months ago I can understand but these days, the IV have been randomised by Niantic. Am I wrong? I often go into raids or pokemon catching with friends and each one usually have different CP/IV combination.

if you are below level 30 the IV is random, at level 30 the IV is set I think.

For trainers level 30+, all wild Pokémon spawns will have the same IVs/levels for everyone. Sub-30 they might be the same for each individual level (i.e. 29s see the same as other 29s), but I'm not positive. That might have been something that changed at some point.

Raids are truly random though.

Just posting to let you guys know that Raid rewards are not always awful.

I had a really good day of Pokemon Go. I went to my second Raikou raid for this month, and I got 1 Charged TM, 1 Fast TM, 6 Rare Candy, and 3 Golden Razz Berries for rewards. I then caught it on my second throw.

The Raikou has 1881 CP with 13 ATK, 11 DEF, and 15 HP and knows Thundershock and Thunder. The stats are great, so I just need to TM the Thunder. Really glad that I got it so quickly, and that I don't have to worry about missing this Pokemon.

Also picked up another 10K egg, and I have 4 in my inventory now. Kind of concerned about the EX raids, though.

Have the ex raids started rolling out yet? Or is still in select locations

Quite a few test ones have started popping up, mostly at Sprint stores (lol) for now though.

There's two in my smaller town scheduled for tonight at 6 PM.

I've got a pass so I'm organizing groups for the two events.

I'll let y'all know how it goes!

Joni

I would like to sort Pokemon by time spent in gyms since the update to the gym system and amount of gym fights won. I think my blissey would be my mvp for the first one.

robochimp

Hope you get a 2275!

Just did a Mewtwo raid.

I got a 2225😕 But hey I've got one. I think we had 26, 16 were Mystic so we split into two groups. Only 2 people openly said they didn't catch it. And two people showed up as we were all leaving asking if we had done it yet. We waited until 6:15 to start, oh well.

I took over a gym around 12:30pm today. Put my snorlax "Snuggie" there.

I fed it berries up til 2:30pm when I started to get really busy.

Noticed it wanted a berry, but the gym was in raid mode so I waited til now.

Yellow team came and not only added more pokes to the gym, they fed my Snorlax to full heart. Thanks guys, that team bonus you got is on me tonight. :D

Replicant

if you are below level 30 the IV is random, at level 30 the IV is set I think.

For trainers level 30+, all wild Pokémon spawns will have the same IVs/levels for everyone. Sub-30 they might be the same for each individual level (i.e. 29s see the same as other 29s), but I'm not positive. That might have been something that changed at some point.

Raids are truly random though.

Raids are def different no matter what. But yeah, regular Pokémon catching is same for lv 30+.

Wouldn't that mind you have to 'sacrifice' your level 30 account to use that kind of scanner? Otherwise, the scanner will only pick up, well, the IV for a level 1 player.

Wouldn't that mind you have to 'sacrifice' your level 30 account to use that kind of scanner? Otherwise, the scanner will only pick up, well, the IV for a level 1 player.
If you're using a simple scanner app. The services mentioned in this thread use level 30 bots. That's why those services almost always cost money - non-shadow-banned level 30 bot accounts are difficult to obtain, and are usually purchased en masse.

It seems like I'm getting 50 coins no matter how long my Pokémon are at a gym. What I can't stand is the I have a uneven number of coins and it seems it'll forever be that way.

GulAtiCa

Joining a raiding party tomorrow at 7 am. Likely going till noon. Going to be fun, not looking forward to getting up so early though. Lol

Top Bottom