• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Just encountered a Dratini that gave me false hope for a 100%.

Was a Wonder: Oh?
Best Attribute - HP: Ohh?
Matched - Attack: Ohhhhh????
Best we ever seen: Ohhh.... :(

lol

rc213

Dang it, Arrived at work just in time to join a Lugia raid with 9 other people. Missed it by 10-15%, Half the group immediately ran off discouraged other half had been there almost 2hrs waiting for more people to join but no dice.

Didn't help that the group that ran off were using the mons the game chooses for you. Saw some Blisseys in there.

robochimp

Watching people try to put raids together on Facebook is really getting sad.

A guy was walking and taking the bus and kept on missing groups.

And those 10:30 am Monday Lugia raids aren't happening guys.

Edit: see above example 😋

border

Facebook groups are absolutely not the place to be for raid organizing.

Need to be in Discord or in a Facebook Messenger group.

I'm pretty surprised people are still doing the raids though. Like, how many Lugias and Articunos do players need to have? It's crazy excessive.

robochimp

yup, as feared leaving the legends out too long is basically killing them :(

I had a great time during the first three weeks, I think I did around 45 legendary raids. The limited time only aspect was the big motivator, but it also burnt me out for this current raid period . It doesn't help that all the legendary raids need different amounts of people.

i don't know if they'll roll out legendaries like this in the future but I'll be right back out there if they do.

yup, as feared leaving the legends out too long is basically killing them :(

I mean

the alternative is to actually kill them

by not leaving them out long

Unless you think this will somehow make people uninterested in getting Mewtwo and other future legendaries (nah), I'm failing to see the harm you're alluding to. If anything, more harm would be done by making the window too short, causing people who miss out to give up hope on future legendaries.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I mean

the alternative is to actually kill them

by not leaving them out long

Unless you think this will somehow make people uninterested in getting Mewtwo and other future legendaries (nah), I'm failing to see the harm you're alluding to. If anything, more harm would be done by making the window too short, causing people who miss out to give up hope on future legendaries.

oh I think they should come back --- I think it's just one of those things where by controlling their timing a little more heavily you can concentrate users and ensure people are more easily able to do them.

I'm sure Mewtwo will bring tons of people out.

that one-week per bird thing kept everyone very engaged.

it's a tough balance for them, I'm sure.

oh I think they should come back --- I think it's just one of those things where by controlling their timing a little more heavily you can concentrate users and ensure people are more easily able to do them.

I'm sure Mewtwo will bring tons of people out.

that one-week per bird thing kept everyone very engaged.

it's a tough balance for them, I'm sure.

I mean, I still don't understand how them being available "too long" is a bad thing, or even a thing at all, and why it matters if people's interest in specific legendaries trails off. If people get bored of the birds and stop doing them... then that's... fine, lol. How is that worse than just hard cutting them off before everyone gets a chance to get them? So yeah, I really don't see the harm here. People will still be excited for new legendaries, so people getting bored of the old ones when they're being shelved for a long time anyway doesn't really matter. Then can just not do them, while they wait for the next batch they do care about. Better to make sure everyone gets a chance than to disenfranchise folks who didn't.

How can you figure out what level your Pokemon is when you catch it?
Before you catch it? You can't. Afterwards you can roughly estimate it looking at the half-circle which represent the lvl. If you use IV calculators or apps like calcy IV they should tell you which lvl a Pokémon is

Tried to solo a Gengar raid today. It 1-K.O'd four of my Pokémon in a row, how the fuck is that even possible?

zulux21

Facebook groups are absolutely not the place to be for raid organizing.

Need to be in Discord or in a Facebook Messenger group.

I'm pretty surprised people are still doing the raids though. Like, how many Lugias and Articunos do players need to have? It's crazy excessive.

well the candy for those are needed for leveling if you don't want rare candy.
plus the exp is solid at 10k per.
beyond that though people have them run away and some are only doing 1 raid per day.
but also people right now want to try to get a mewtwo pass.

anyways got my zapdos today making my first gen pokedex at 147/150.

also just got back home from getting an unknown (letter B)

New APK (version 0.71.0) is out in the wild. So far a few small changes have been found:

- unfavoriting bug has been fixed (edit: additionally the Favorite/star button has been re-added to the info page for gym defenders)
- new designs for incubators
- sprite for the single-use super incubators has been added, so those should be coming soon (probably event-only, like the single use-incubators from a while back, or maybe a new raid reward)
- raid Pokémon no longer appear silhouetted on the Raid tab if you've previously captured that species
- minor text changes (raid timer font has increased, probably more. edit: new GPS error message)
- edit: You can now search Pokémon by move using the @ symbol. This also works with move types. So "@fighting" will show all Pokémon with fighting moves, "@hyper beam" will show all Pokémon with Hyper Beam, etc..

Wouldn't be surprised if some more small things crop up, and as usual there's always the chance that data mining the patch reveals more goodies to come.

Oh, and the bug causing legendary raids not to register for the raid completion medal still hasn't been fixed.

Edit: OH SHIT. Gen 3 names have been added! Nothing else though, just the names/IDs haha.

border

well the candy for those are needed for leveling if you don't want rare candy.

My inventory is clogged full of Rare Candy. The game hands them out like they are uhhh, candy. The problem is that while candy is handed out pretty liberally, they are incredibly stingy about Stardust. So candy just accumulates unchecked, but you never really have enough dust to use it all.

I really think they ought to give you 100 dust every time you feed a Pokemon in a gym, or come up with some way for people to acquire it besides catching every garbage pokemon that spawns. The Daily Bonus was a nice step in that direction, but only winds up giving you about 5000 dust per week......which is only 1 powerup for people with high-level pokemon.

zulux21

My inventory is clogged full of Rare Candy. The game hands them out like they are uhhh, candy. The problem is that while candy is handed out pretty liberally, they are incredibly stingy about Stardust. So candy just accumulates unchecked, but you never really have enough dust to use it all.

I really think they ought to give you 100 dust every time you feed a Pokemon in a gym, or come up with some way for people to acquire it besides catching every garbage pokemon that spawns. The Daily Bonus was a nice step in that direction, but only winds up giving you about 5000 dust per week......which is only 1 powerup for people with high-level pokemon.

they give you 20 dust :p

but yeah the rare candy came pretty frequently. with the recent nerfs to raid rewards it likely won't be as plentiful going forward.

border

they give you 20 dust :p

but yeah the rare candy came pretty frequently. with the recent nerfs to raid rewards it likely won't be as plentiful going forward.

Is there a Silph Road post that explains in detail how raid rewards have been nerfed?

I probably have enough candy to take 1 of each Legendary to Level 30, but none of them really seem good enough to spend dust on. If the game weren't so miserly about giving out dust, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue. At the moment the smart move seems to be saving any and all Rare Candy/Dust for Mewtwo, since it's clearly a beast.

zulux21

Is there a Silph Road post that explains in detail how raid rewards have been nerfed?

I probably have enough candy to take 1 of each Legendary to Level 30, but none of them really seem good enough to spend dust on. If the game weren't so miserly about giving out dust, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue. At the moment the smart move seems to be saving any and all Rare Candy/Dust for Mewtwo, since it's clearly a beast.

there likely is somewhere, I am far to lazy to find it.

quick version though tier 5 raids used to have even more pulls from the pool than tier 4 raids and at higher numbers.
when they added potions they made it so tier 5 raids only have as many pulls in the pool as tier 4 (which is determined by how many balls you get)

and that potions were merely added to the pool at all levels.

aka before potions you maybe had 8 pulls on the pool for tier 5 where you barely did anything but participated and with those you got the usual things. now you would have like 6 and each time you get potions that means you aren't getting stuff like candy or TMs instead.

Full Silph Road APK mine report for the new update is up.

Not much else beyond what I posted above, outside of some miscellaneous behind-the-scenes changes and minor tweaks, but interestingly there has been a few changes related to shinies. Perhaps a proper shiny rollout is finally coming?

Also, Ditto got some minor updates, presumably to prep for whatever wild gen 3 will be added to the Ditto pool.

robochimp

https://thesilphroad.com/science/raid-rewards-secret-multipliers

They put this out the day potions were added, there are observations on the nerf. They're still collecting data.

Raid reward bundles for tier 5 were lowered to match tier 4. Potions dilute the pool.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
https://thesilphroad.com/science/raid-rewards-secret-multipliers

They put this out the day potions were added, there are observations on the nerf. They're still collecting data.

Raid reward bundles for tier 5 were lowered to match tier 4. Potions dilute the pool.

With the damage contribution bug as well legendary raids are now worse for rewards if you have to go back in after fainting. I did a Lugia the other day and got nothing but 3 sets of potions and revives. I'm so sick of this stuff not being fixed for so long

HardRojo

Yeah, the nerf really sucks. Pre-nerf I used to get a lot of stuff for Legendary raids, I think I even got about 12 or 15 candies at times. Now I'm lucky if I get at least 6.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
New APK (version 0.71.0) is out in the wild. So far a few small changes have been found:

- unfavoriting bug has been fixed (edit: additionally the Favorite/star button has been re-added to the info page for gym defenders)
- sprite for the single-use super incubators has been added, so those should be coming soon (probably event-only, like the single use-incubators from a while back, or maybe a new raid reward)
- raid Pokémon no longer appear silhouetted on the Raid tab if you've previously captured that species
- minor text changes (raid timer font has increased, probably more. edit: new GPS error message)
- edit: You can now search Pokémon by move using the @ symbol. This also works with move types. So "@fighting" will show all Pokémon with fighting moves, "@hyper beam" will show all Pokémon with Hyper Beam, etc..

Wouldn't be surprised if some more small things crop up, and as usual there's always the chance that data mining the patch reveals more goodies to come.

Oh, and the bug causing legendary raids not to register for the raid completion medal still hasn't been fixed.

Edit: OH SHIT. Gen 3 names have been added! Nothing else though, just the names/IDs haha.

Thanks for the summary by the way. Gen 3 would be exciting

rc213

Anyone got a list for Legendaries and Counters to easily check before doing a raid. I feel like I was doing decent damage and dodging was keeping my mons alive longer. Gonna try a few more days this week before they disappear to get at least 1.

They really need to add a lobby so if you click on the gym from far away you can see how many people are waiting or already battling the raid.

Excellent. The @move thing is very cool

zulux21

hope i can get a upgrade so i can get porygon 2 before that gen 3 update hits want to complete each dex before the following gen hits

it's weird that you don't have an upgrade I thought they were the most common one.

my wife has gotten an upgrade for like 15 straight 7 day streaks, she has basically only one or two evolve items that aren't upgrades.

meanwhile kings rocks are what haunt me @_@ but I also have a decent number of upgrades, and basically nothing else.

robochimp

it's weird that you don't have an upgrade I thought they were the most common one.

my wife has gotten an upgrade for like 15 straight 7 day streaks, she has basically only one or two evolve items that aren't upgrades.

meanwhile kings rocks are what haunt me @_@ but I also have a decent number of upgrades, and basically nothing else.

I think they all have an equal chance of dropping, looking at what I have in my inventory and what I've evolved I've gotten 7 of each evo item.

Do you have your clock set to automatic?

My phone's clock? I think so, yeah. Does that affect it?

I just did a raid and didn't get an error message, it's hit and miss.

Also my game freezes up a lot on the item screen.
Really hope these issues are fixed in this new version.

I think they all have an equal chance of dropping, looking at what I have in my inventory and what I've evolved I've gotten 7 of each evo item.

I didn't think they did. I've only ever gotten one Sun Stone and desperately need a second, and I've had at least 15 King's Rocks and Dragon Scales. I assumed you are more or less likely to get certain items depending on your biome.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

gotten over 10 of all the other evolve items kings rocks and sun stone are the most common for me

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I hope gen 3 drops soon, game is boring. Even the raids suck, as all anyone wants to do is legendaries for some stupid reason.

content diversity would be ideal but powering up my counters for raids is keeping me busy turned one of my 3 tyranitar into double dark and ive already maxed out 2 of my 6 gengar getting ready for mewtew

but yeah other then that would be nice to use them on something other than raids maybe stuff like

random npc trainer battles where you can only fight 6v6 pokemon (large star dust reward please)

random boss fights just really strong pokemon that randomly spawn and you fight them solo they would be player unique so no one could help you and if you beat them you could try and capture them and get rewards on top of it

dungeons or some type of gauntlet would be something like walk 2km only using 6 locked in pokemon cant change them out during the dungeon but can still heal them between fights and every so often you have to battle random npc trainers gaining rewards for defeating each one and at the end fight a boss getting bonus rewards for completing the whole thing could even have harder modes where you have to walk 5km and 10km

other then that all i would like to see is a story mode doing missions for your team leaders and missions for professor willow and maybe some daily quests

edit: also where the hell are the cosmetics you would of thought with the money they raked in they would of hired a bigger art team and pumped out cosmetic items

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Do TMs drop from all raid levels or just the higher ones?

And how many level 30s is needed to do a raid level 3?

they can drop from any raid just lower chances at low level raids and as for level 3 raids you can solo it at level 30 as long as you have the right counters

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I've never done a T3 raid by myself successfully yet. Lv 36 and all. Got close on a Machamp before. I'm sure if I powered up more better pokemon I could for a few of them. But I'd rather save the stardust.

Firemind

Yeah, I've never done a T3 raid by myself successfully yet. Lv 36 and all. Got close on a Machamp before. I'm sure if I powered up more better pokemon I could for a few of them. But I'd rather save the stardust.
You should try. Not having to rely on anyone AND getting a nice Pokemon from it (Machamp) is a great perk. Put those Dragonites to use!

GulAtiCa

You should try. Not having to rely on anyone AND getting a nice Pokemon from it (Machamp) is a great perk. Put those Dragonites to use!

True, but I already have 2 98% lv 30+ as well as a 100% lv 30+ Machamp. Do I really need more? :p

Could use more Golems though. Wish those would be made Raids. Got 1 100% there too, but the other 2 I have are like a 91% & 85%. Could always use extras.

Though, instead of trying to solo, I could always duo it anytime likely now since my fiancee now plays too. I actually just bought a cheap $60 unlocked Android phone so I can duo Raids during work to help her out. We will see how well this phone works. lol

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

i can do all but jolteon machamp was giving me problems but i solved that by getting an extra alakazam
i will only dodge if im down to getting hit one more time before i can use my last charge before fainting other wise full attack

flareon - i use 4 vaporeon water gun/ hydro pump, omnastar water gun/ hydro pump and gyarados bite/ hydro pump

arcanine - same set up as flareon

vaporeon - venusaur vine whip/ solar beam, 3 exeggutor bullet seed/ solar beam and 2 dragonite dragon tail/ outrage

alakazam - 2 tyranitar with bite/ stone edge and 1 with bite/ crunch, 2 gengar shadow claw/ shadow ball and gyardose bite/ hydro pump (sometimes switch him for dragonite)

gengar - 2 tyranitar bite/ stone edge and 1 with bite/ crunch, espeon confusion/ future sight and 2 alakazam psycho cut/ future sight

machamp- 3 alakazam psycho cut/ future sight, espeon confusion/ future sight and 2 dragonite dragon tail/ outrage

Is the assumption that all of the Pokemon being used are also level 30?

also yes this is assuming the pokemon are level 30+ other wise you shouldnt need more then 2 people to take down a tier 3 unless you are not using counters for what you are fighting against

True, but I already have 2 98% lv 30+ as well as a 100% lv 30+ Machamp. Do I really need more? :p

Could use more Golems though. Wish those would be made Raids. Got 1 100% there too, but the other 2 I have are like a 91% & 85%. Could always use extras.

Though, instead of trying to solo, I could always duo it anytime likely now since my fiancee now plays too. I actually just bought a cheap $60 unlocked Android phone so I can duo Raids during work to help her out. We will see how well this phone works. lol

there ya go its also a cool way for her to get some really good attackers right off the bat

i can do all but jolteon machamp was giving me problems but i solved that by getting an extra alakazam
i will only dodge if im down to getting hit one more time before i can use my last charge before fainting other wise full attack

flareon - i use 4 vaporeon water gun/ hydro pump, omnastar water gun/ hydro pump and gyarados bite/ hydro pump

arcanine - same set up as flareon

vaporeon - venusaur vine whip/ solar beam, 3 exeggutor bullet seed/ solar beam and 2 dragonite dragon tail/ outrage

alakazam - 2 tyranitar with bite/ stone edge and 1 with bite/ crunch, 2 gengar shadow claw/ shadow ball and gyardose bite/ hydro pump (sometimes switch him for dragonite)

gengar - 2 tyranitar bite/ stone edge and 1 with bite/ crunch, espeon confusion/ future sight and 2 alakazam psycho cut/ future sight

machamp- 3 alakazam psycho cut/ future sight, espeon confusion/ future sight and 2 dragonite dragon tail/ outrage

also yes this is assuming the pokemon are level 30+ other wise you shouldnt need more then 2 people to take down a tier 3 unless you are not using counters for what you are fighting against

there ya go its also a cool way for her to get some really good attackers right off the bat

Is the easiest way to tell the level of a Pokemon is by the CP? Like if my Vaporeon has a CP of 1531 it is level 15?

zulux21

so is zapdos considered bad or something?

no one seems to want to go after one but will go after any of the other legendaries.

Is the easiest way to tell the level of a Pokemon is by the CP? Like if my Vaporeon has a CP of 1531 it is level 15?

look at the thing above your pokemon. estimate how far along it is such as 60% then multiple your trainer level by that (so .6 for 60%)
and that will be around the level.

or you can use a site or app to get it exactly.

GulAtiCa

Most people I know rather go after Articuno / Moltres cause they missed those/didn't get a good one yet. Zapdos still best of all 3 birds though.

zulux21

Most people I know rather go after Articuno / Moltres cause they missed those/didn't get a good one yet. Zapdos still best of all 3 birds though.

I was sadly in scotland when zapdos came out and didn't have a chance to get one there.

I have one now but wouldn't mind more but it's a pain to get a group together.

it's not like there are a ton of great electric pokemon or at least I don't really have any.

border

The main problem with trying to take down Tier 3 raids by yourself is that you really need Pokemon at or around level 30. But under the old meta, there were really no reason to power up your pokemon to 30 unless they were Vaporeon, Dragonite,Gyrados, Snorlax, or Blissey.

So most of the time you aren't going to have a team equipped to take down level 3 raids, and since Stardust is so rare it's going to be hard to power up a lot the pokemon you stopped upgrading around level 20.

I think Machamp is probably the most approachable Tier 3 raid. It's easy to find high-level Eevees and Exeggutes, then evolve them into fairly solid Espeons and Exeggutors. If you have accumulated an army of Vaporeons under the old meta, I imagine Arcanite and Flareon are probably pretty easy.

03sho

FAO of those with Pokemon Go plus.

Can I be on a call or even on a completely different app maybe instagram or even whatspap and still be earning KM's towards my egg? And will the go plus still be promoting me to press to catch/spin if I'm using a different app

Top Bottom