• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Might be my non-native English, but wouldn't 26 days effectively be considered several?

Yeah, you're correct, it would. I could see how someone would think that using days as a unit implies a time period less than weeks, but I'm sure most people knew what you meant so you're fine. :p

im_dany

2/2 on Entei, only did the second to help a few guys but was lucky yet again.

1/1 Articuno
1/5 Lugia
1/3 Moltres
1/2 Zapdos (+wasted 2 passes because it glitched twice after the fight)

Hope Raikou is next because he's my favourite.

T.O.P

Banned
Kind of a lucky month for Dragonite spawns
21272153_10213861631518899_552595647783643616_n.jpg
21271015_10213861633318944_8607485310907670290_n.jpg

We already got 3 Dragonite and 2 Snorlax, a 98% Dunphan last week as well

zulux21

Yeah, you're correct, it would. I could see how someone would think that using days as a unit implies a time period less than weeks, but I'm sure most people knew what you meant so you're fine. :p

eh... it's not technically wrong but no one natively would say several days for 26 days (at least not in the USA), you would say several weeks at that point.

several is typically used to refer to a time range of 2-7 or so of something in english.
can stretch it a bit more but never in my life have I heard someone talk about longer than that for a time period.

you just move up to the next modifier.

beyond 7 days would start getting into weeks.
beyond 4-5 weeks you would start getting into months.
beyond 6 months you would start saying half of a year ect.

GulAtiCa

Finally got 2 more gyms to be Gold. And they are both gyms I hit in the morning, which is perfect. Now have 3 Gold Gyms. My gym count is now at 169.

296 gyms and counting... if only having a lot of gym badges was in any way beneficial!

The update hasn't fixed any of my issues with the game disappointingly.
It still takes and excruciatingly long time to load in gyms etc when I open the app (even if it's been running in the background).
And I just attempted my first raid of the week only to get an error message at the battle screen. Sigh.

GulAtiCa

296 gyms and counting... if only having a lot of gym badges was in any way beneficial!

I'd love it if they made Gym Badges contribute to overall raid balls. That be great.

The update hasn't fixed any of my issues with the game disappointingly.
It still takes and excruciatingly long time to load in gyms etc when I open the app (even if it's been running in the background).
And I just attempted my first raid of the week only to get an error message at the battle screen. Sigh.

Hmm, mine doesn't do that. I wonder if it's anything related to your phone itself? hmm. What kind of data plan do you have?

think well see mewtwo raid passes going out tomorrow?

Probably just for people in San Francisco or a very small area I'm assuming. It would be awesome if they did it for levels 35/38 and up like they did for the original raid testing, but that might lead to a lot of problems for people in areas where they are basically the only high level so I doubt they do that.

HardRojo

9/12 on Raikou so far. 1897 CP is the highest one which I just caught with today's pass.
I've noticed some people get really desperate with these Pokémon and don't take their time, as I'd usually just be on my third Premier Ball while some would have already gone through all of them.

With Raikou you'd ideally want to wait till he attacks as the circle is in the "Great throw" range, then throw the ball as he's in the middle of his recovery so that he can't interrupt by jumping or attacking again and the ball hits just as the circle reappears. Sure, sometimes he immediately attacks again, but it's still the safest way to make sure your Premier Ball hits.

Edit: For some reason saying "several weeks" to refer to 2-3 weeks feels weird to me, should've said "a few weeks" instead of several days I suppose, then again I don't have a native English ear so I might still be wrong lol.

GulAtiCa

I think they would need to make the latest patch a required update before they can actually start with the EX system (assuming not already a required update)

HardRojo

I think they would need to make the latest patch a required update before they can actually start with the EX system (assuming not already a required update)
And hopefully fix the common issues as of the last update:
- Raid lobbies not updating player count
- Pokédex models not loading properly.
- Pokémon sprites not loading in the nearby tab after having triggered the Pokédex issue.

Tried to do an Entei raid today but no luck. Got some stardust though. They really need to do more events. Other than stardust there is no motivation for me to go out to catch. Got enough of everything that is common here

Joni

Caught a 2350 cp vaporeon. Don't really know what to do with that. It is not the best IV, so I'm doubting about powering up, dumping or just using for gyms.

Hmm, mine doesn't do that. I wonder if it's anything related to your phone itself? hmm. What kind of data plan do you have?

I have a Galaxy S7 with 10gb of data a month so can't imagine there's any issues there?

And yeah I also have Pokedex issues. Oh and my avatar is now frequently just appearing in silhouette.
Basically the whole game is super janky for me atm.

robochimp

It looks like they just made the update required, hopefully some of us are lucky enough to get EX raid invites tomorrow!

robox

5/6 on raikou. range from 80%-98%. missed out on 1 point of attack, which is what i care about most.
completely opposite to my losing streak on lugia

border

Two hour window is kinda bullshit, and works against what the passes seem to be trying to accomplish (group coordination). It really oughtta be like a 30 minute window.

Oh boy. I hope I will get one today or tomorrow because after that I'll be away for a week and I would be furious if I'd get a pass then.

Anybody else got the feeling that there are a lot less people going after the legendary dogs than there were with the birds. I feel like there is no hype at all. I think Niantic should't have dropped them right after the birds. They should have waited.

Oh boy. I hope I will get one today or tomorrow because after that I'll be away for a week and I would be furious if I'd get a pass then.

Anybody else got the feeling that there are a lot less people going after the legendary dogs than there were with the birds. I feel like there is no hype at all. I think Niantic should't have dropped them right after the birds. They should have waited.

I think the problem is more that there's only one beast at a time and they last a whole month. Versus there always being at least two birds at a time, and them only lasting around a week until they switched all 4 on at once for the remainder of the period.

It's just way easier to get burnt out on just the one with such a long window. Some people have already done dozens.

Yeah, I fear that I won't find people for a raid if I wait longer. For the next ones I really should go out day-1.
How many people do you need to beat Entai?

Replicant

One beast per month is a big mistake. The fact that they took away the birds and to an extent, the Laprases and the Snorlaxes doesn't help at all. It really kills the momentum for raid.

Also, why no raids for Blisseys or hell, Porygon or other more difficult to obtain Pokemon?

Joni

Seems like the European events don't have raids. They will have rare Pokemon like Larvitar, shiny pikachu,... Kanghaskan and unown are present as well. Special 2 km eggs.

Looks like Mewtwo has a base catch rate of 6%. That's three times higher than Lugia, twice as high as both trios, and a percentage point better than Tyranitar.

GulAtiCa

The problem with how the Birds was done was that each week of an exclusive bird with no word on if they ever come back again (in a reasonable time) resulted in a panic of people scrambling to do raids constantly hunting for a good IV bird. By the time the 3rd week ended, a lot of people I knew were really tired and burned out. Hell, I know people that still don't have all 3.

I really think a month exclusively is a better plan and allows for some much needed breath room.

They do need to certainly refresh all the other raids. Bring on Dragonite.

At 6% base catch rate, an Excellent + Curve + Golden Psychic medal + Golden Razz toss will have just over a 40% chance of catching Mewtwo. Not bad.

More relevant to me, since I such at hitting the accuracy bonuses, if you take out that bonus it's still around 25%.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
At 6% base catch rate, an Excellent + Curve + Golden Psychic medal + Golden Razz toss will have just over a 40% chance of catching Mewtwo. Not bad.

More relevant to me, since I such at hitting the accuracy bonuses, if you take out that bonus it's still around 25%.

thank god the base rate is high given what trouble you may have to go to just to fight him

Top Bottom