• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

truongt

Neo Member
You've probably just had a streak of bad luck.

I have encountered a lot of people that have been having the same issues as me. When Raikou first made an appearance, it was much easier to catch him and for the last week and a half, it has been really difficult to catch him. I have used all the tricks in the book to try to catch him but I haven't been able to. My catch rate is >40%

HardRojo

Yep, found out about how curveballs actually work and no Raikou has escaped me for a good while now. I'm at 18/22. Still looking for one over 1900 CP though.

T.O.P

Banned
Amazing day, no dust spent on these beauties (just 5k on the Houndoom)

21558918_10213967636888967_1383693788340035619_n.jpg
21462960_10213967637448981_7568927255502333769_n.jpg

21761857_10213967638008995_6766382905397174777_n.jpg
21761579_10213967638849016_613324349190170581_n.jpg

Fuck that Jolteon tho, wanted a Vaporeon :/

Nightbird

I think it's a one day deal.

People I know went there and the amount of Larvitars, Chanseys and Mareeps spawning in the city was astonishing. Don't even need a ticket.

I know, I live not far away from Oberhausen, and my neighborhood was jam-packed with rare Pokémon. I'm just frustrated that I only had so little time to make use of it...

GulAtiCa

All in all, was a fun day. In the 5+ hours we raided, since 7 am. Likely did about 20 Raikou raids. I gained 350k+ xp and 15k+ stardust. I keep my Go+ on to catch Pokémon in background. So was constantly doing that. Even bought 200 pokeballs so I could do so. My best Raikou was a 1900. Someone saw a perfect one, but it sadly ran. Ended around noon with the guys in my car going after a perfect Eevee. Lv 29. Currently having it as my buddy to turn it into a perfect Espeon.

I also used my fiancee account for a few raids, gained 150k xp for her. She is now half way to lv 29

Fun fun day.

t26

Went to my first event today at San Jose. In 2.5 hours caught 2 Lapras, a bunch of Pikachus, Lavatars, and starters. Also caught a Raikou at the raid. Didn't see the Niantic stuff but not too bad.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Motivation to play is getting lower and lower. Niantic needs to step it's game up fast!

yeah they need to add more stuff to do with your pokemon and challenges you can tackle alone or with like one other person this 100% focus they have on raids is off putting
by design they exclude portions of the community and its weird they went with raid mechanics first over something that could include everyone and then later on add raids as side content

Went to my first event today at San Jose. In 2.5 hours caught 2 Lapras, a bunch of Pikachus, Lavatars, and starters. Also caught a Raikou at the raid. Didn't see the Niantic stuff but not too bad.

nice were any of the pikachus shiny?

Man, my enjoyment is dwindling fast. My Dex is complete outside of regionals, I have more than enough Raikou, more than enough Pokémon ready to go for Mewtwo, I'm just about level 35 so I'm basically at the point where I'm not too concerned with XP... Sooo... yeah.

Gimme something Niantic. Gen 3, shinies, a freaking Mewtwo raid pass, anything.

GulAtiCa

I'd have figured they change up the T1-T4 Raid by now. Like add Dragonite, Blissey (lol). Replace the T1s with Gen 1 1st evolution starters, replace the T4s version with gen 2 2nd evolution starters, etc.

Also, in my aim to gain 100s. I caught an lv 29 Eevee as mentioned before which I'm going to go for a Espeon, but also went after a lv 30 Geodude too. Damn, that thing was fat! Also, apparently while I was raiding, I plussed a 100% Spinarak. lol.

Would it, it is just a rechargeable Plus with an auto-mode.

In theory if the game can tell it's not an "authentic" Go Plus it could break TOS but much like the overlay style IV Calcs I bet it can't and thus you won't have any trouble.

Not sure how I feel about them though, I've put so much time and money into my account that I'd hate to lose it on a technicality.

Speaking of time and money, I forgot to post about my Mewtwo Event experience.

Our town had Two EX Raid "tests", both at Sprint stores but on opposite sides of town.

I made two event pages on our local Facebook group so we could organize without people complaining they don't have a pass or cluttering the main group, etc.

I posted a ton of info on how to beat Mewtwo, group sizes, and made surveys to figure out how many of each team and at what time people would arrive.

I got there at 5:30 PM as the raids were from 6-7 PM and there were about 20 people there that early as well. By the time the raid started I'd say there was about 40 people there with a handful trickling in too.

Lots of people stopped and asked what we were doing, lots of people asking basic raid questions, and lots of people not wanting to wait or not wanting optimal group sizes (people were arguing with me about 8 being enough people until the first group did with 9 without telling anyone else, which is a grimy move in itself but whatever)m the usual.

Felt like a slightly more organized raid with your mix of people knowing what to do and not knowing what to do and everyone being all tense about it.

I spent most of the half hour I was there directing people into group, telling everyone team comps and IV spreads, and the like. One person said I sounded like a Disney staff person lol.

Anyways, the raid was simple enough as Mewtwo isn't super hard to handle. We got lucky and it had Hyper Beam so no big losses of Pokémon. One of the few Instinct only raids I've done so we got a whopping 10 balls and I caught it first throw, lol:

CP of 22XX so not bad, but hey it's a Mewtwo so that's already pretty dope.

It's now at a little over 3K CP and has made Raikou raids pretty easy.

Speaking of Raikou, did some more of those raids this weekend to get my friends theirs. I went from being 1-9 the first weekend of raids to being 5-8 this weekend lol. But one of my friends took all 8 attempts to get one and she got kicked out of two raids without being able to rejoin. So we opened a ticket and hopefully Niantic gets back to her. The Raikou she did catch was off a Critical so that was hype. I've got a 229X CP one now so I'm pretty much done Raikou hunting.

gutshot

Motivation to play is getting lower and lower. Niantic needs to step it's game up fast!

The game has been stale for over a month now. Raids were exciting at first, but got boring pretty quickly. I think I started to lose interest sometime during the Moltres week. I've kept doing just enough to get the legendaries I need to complete my Dex, but that's it.

Gen 3 soon plz

The only reason I still play is for social exercise and the collection aspect of it.

But like, I'm not driving 4-5 Hours to go to some Safari event FOH with that nonsense.

Finally caught my first Raiku today! I was 0/4 before today. It wasn't a great Raiku but I didn't care. The girl next to me had a chance to catch a Raiku with 1913 CP. Near perfect I think. Unfortunately it ran from her...

Anyone using a Gotcha here? Seems Datel is selling one on Amazon UK for 30 pound, wonder if I should buy it.

recently bought one, i use auto catch and auto spin. i dont see why they would ban it for the auto stuff, considering many people mod their go plus to do the same thing.

Inviusx

The lack of events are really hurting this game. Why are Niantic so incompetant? I've started using a private tracker just to try and keep the game interesting.......

GulAtiCa

Got an EX raid pass! At a Cumberland Sprint Mall store at 7 pm in GA. Hour away from where I work. lol. But I should be able to make it.

Got a pass though. Still waiting on mine.

So how do you get it?
I mean, getting a pass doesn't help me if I can't go due to school.

And they just get automatically sent to you if you've previously participated in a gym that is scheduled to have an EX raid. The gym I had raided at was a Starbucks, which I did about 2 weeks ago.

They send push notifications, but they can take a while to go through. If you got sent a pass it will pop right up when you open the app.

GulAtiCa

My fiancee also got an invite, for a Starbucks raid done a week and half ago. She'll be going there. Wish we were at same place. At least she doesn't have to drive an hour. Lol

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Got an EX raid pass for Friday! Conditions seem pretty lucky for me, close by, okay time of day (7PM). The whole system seems incredibly flawed to me but I’ve been holding off commenting until I actually get to do one. Should be interesting to see how it goes

Top Bottom