• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New minor 360 firmware update rolling out?

Then what the fuck have they been working on. Surely this would be a small change to a couple of lines of code.

They fucked it up real bad. Did you know the Metro update also have a problem with 1:1 pixel mapping? If your TV have the option for 1:1 pixel mapping ("Screen Fit" on my TV) and you've selected 1080p you can see cleary a black bar at the bottom of the edge on the right side.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
They fucked it up real bad. Did you know the Metro update also have a problem with 1:1 pixel mapping? If your TV have the option for 1:1 pixel mapping ("Screen Fit" on my TV) and you've selected 1080p you can see cleary a black bar at the bottom of the right side...

I'll try that out later. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest though.

'Twas a definite downgrade. I am slightly annoyed every time I use it.

NXE > Metro > Blades

I'm a huge fan of Blades, actually =/ It was the most intuitive for me and I'm glad the current dash at least brought back a similar style of navigation, but still has too much clutter that just slows navigation. Good thing I'm generally only playing a game on disc.

NinjaBoiX

Please add filters in the My Games tab for GoD's and OG Xbox games MS. And sort the game store out, having to click on "game type" to then be taken to the page where Arcade and Indie games are hiding is lunacy.

Lunacy I tells you!

Ashes2049

Neo Member
I'm relieved to hear that's a known issue. I thought I was losing my mind. I've noticed this with FF and KoA

Same here, thought my 2nd box was dying 'cos it wouldn't install FFXIII-2. Hope they fix it soon.
Anyone have any idea if this update has fixed it or not?

saunderez

Hopefully they fix not being able to install games sometimes (where one fix is to log out and install it that way).

It must do some checks with Live to make sure the game is installable, because if you aren't on Live the option appears instantly, if you are it can take a minute or so to appear.

Orca

Stepto leaves and the place falls apart.

Haven't gotten the update prompt yet. Kind of a slow rollout on this one.

even when MS gets around to fixing the video color problem, they didn't actually say they'd bring back 1080p video (aside from their zune service which -- of course -- works just fine).

http://majornelson.com/2012/02/16/xbox-360-system-update-rolling-out/

I wanted to let you know that the team has just released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE. Starting today when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you’ll receive a prompt to accept this mandatory update. If you are signed into LIVE already, you may be signed out and asked to accept the update and you’ll be back online in a few moments.

This update will increase performance and is part of our continued effort to provide the best possible Xbox LIVE experience. In this update, we are providing a fix to a color issue that some were experiencing, and it will be immediately notable in the dashboard. The fix is also being applied by partners to their apps on Xbox LIVE, which we expect to roll out over the coming months.

Eiji

Hold off updating if you have a Reset Glitch Hacked 360 for homebrew:

From team-xecuter.com:

The new 2.0.14717 dashboard is being rolled out globally this week and so far we have seen possible changes to the CB that may affect RGH consoles.
As always we suggest that you do NOT update until it has been investigated further.

UPDATE: As you know the CB on Phat and Slim were updated with the recent 14717 update, disabling the RGH Glitch mod.

While the Phat solution is a much more in-depth problem (work on CB_B has been ongoing for several weeks in anticipation of this so we are well placed to have news very soon), we have already been able to patch the Slim RGH to be fully functional again. Didn't take long thanks to Old Skool

The fix has been confirmed by a number of team members and we are waiting for feedback from some European testers too and will get the files packed up for release asap.

I'd just like to say what a sweet tool J-Runner was for doing all this

wwm0nkey

iUW8Pxt9NpRTf.png

New games Marketplace is soooo much better

Gaspode_T

Wow you have a nice TV

Yeah that looks sweet, I'm glad they listened to complaints and changed it. Pretty much accurate that Indie == Minecraft clones too LOL

heavyness

iUW8Pxt9NpRTf.png

New games Marketplace is soooo much better

wow, that is much better.! I know MS has been slow in the past, but if they can be quick like this going forward, they would me a happier camper.

Also, is anyone dashboard slow? Sometimes I have to click on a selection twice. And loading the quick launch isn't... quick.

iavi

There's also a new prompt for syncing your cloud saves. It used to sync them every rime you started whichever title, but it now asks if you want them synced at all. It's nice to have the option.

Kokonoe

Banned
Is there anyway where I can make it so I don't have to see this eye sore, every time I click RB when I start up my 360?

4lbSJ.jpg

iavi

Is there anyway where I can make it so I don't have to see this eye sore, every time I click RB when I start up my 360?

Lol. I've been feeling the same way about that one. If you're going to give me ads (Which I don't usually mind at all) at least make them pleasant on the eye.

The Games Marketplace isn't a complete clusterfuck now and they took out one whole pointless layer. That's progress.

Yeah, this new marketplace is so good. I was actually getting irritated with that previous mess. It was impossible to even find a new arcade release when it was mixed in with everything.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So apparently the black level fix is in but each app has to be updated to implement the fix. I hope Netflix gets updated soon.

CTE

Yeah. Color is fixed in the dashboard. Just need a netflix update and a crackle update and I'll be watching movies again on my 360.

Mengetsu

Yay now I got the update and now I have a problem where my Tv flickers on and off for a brief periods of time. I just check the web and it's being reported by very little people right now..I hope MS knows about this soon.

new games marketplace is great. really glad to see tiles for arcade and indie. that's how it should have been from the jump. good job, microsoft!

also, i'm excited to hear that they fixed the color issue. i wonder how long it will take for netflix to roll out an update.

x-Lundz-x

Has anyone tried installing a game since the update? I install everything, never had an issue and I'm trying to install duke nukem and it just hangs on where it should bring up what device to install the game too.

Top Bottom