• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

haikira

Salty about what exactly?

While salty probably isn't correct and it's also an overused term around here, you obviously seem either annoyed about something or you're just trying to get a rise out of people. You've been posting since the second page, accusing people of trolling and mocking the graphics of the Wii-U. You've made your opinion well heard, it's time to move on.

If we're just going to set an arbitrary line in the sand of technical performance, why don't we exclude the Xbox One? I'm sure its shots will look great, but its specifications aren't up to the PS4, right?

Speaking of opinions being well heard, I'll stop shitting the thread up with my defence posts. I just hope people follow suit and stop complaining about the Wii-U shots. Either put up with it, or make a thread specifically for screenshots from 2013 released Next Gen consoles.

raiders81tim

Neo Member
While salty probably isn't correct and it's also an overused term around here, you obviously seem either annoyed about something or you're just trying to get a rise out of people. You've been posting since the second page, accusing people of trolling and mocking the graphics of the Wii-U. You've made your opinion well heard, it's time to move on.

If we're just going to set an arbitrary line in the sand of technical performance, why don't we exclude the Xbox One? I'm sure its shots will look great, but its specifications aren't up to the PS4, right?

Speaking of opinions being well heard, I'll stop shitting the thread up with my defence posts. I just hope people follow suit and stop complaining about the Wii-U shots. Either put up with it, or make a thread for screenshots from 2013 released Next Gen consoles.

I was asking a serious question because after page 1 it seem to turn into a wii u image thread.

Riki

I was asking a serious question because after page 1 it seem to turn into a wii u image thread.

Wii U is a next gen system that happens to also have beautiful looking games plus the ability to easily upload high quality images.
So of course there would be more of them.

edoara

Neo Member
Testing dat minus recommendation.

Toki Tori
j3Qfjtbj9YnsF.jpg

diaspora

Wii U is a next gen system that happens to also have beautiful looking games plus the ability to easily upload high quality images.
So of course there would be more of them.

I think its more of a matter of there only 2 of the 3 nextgen consoles actually out, with one of the two being out for longer =P

Bullza2o

Awesome screenshots everyone! Even the compressed PS4 shots look great -- I can only wonder what they look like originally.

Can't wait to see SM3DL and Infamous shots when they come out. I think they are the best games so far that show the graphical potential of the two consoles.

And of course, I'd like to see some Xbox One shots too next week!

chadboban

Got some 1920x1080 screenshots by hooking my PS3 up to my capture card and print-screening the previews. They have the slightest bit of compression, but it's probably the best I can do.

Also, add me on PSN. My thinger's "ThatsMyTrunks". I'm getting ready to sell Killzone, there's no way I'm finishing the campaign. Unless the multiplayer is good.

Man those killzone shots are a FAR better representation of the game. I hope Sony gives an option to upload screens without compression soon. The current state of the screenshots don't do these games justice.

LeBart

I thought all the launch PS4 games looked kinda meh but these uncompressed screenshots of SF and Resogun almost make me want to buy this freaking thing.
Almost.

Do we know what kind of anti-aliasing Killzone uses? It looks super clean.

Riki

IMO the original poster should have titled the thread XB1/PS4 screenshots... instead it came off as oh only real NEXT-GEN screenshots only (lot of people on gaf don't consider Wii U next-gen tech wise) which will only make Wii U owners more than happy to post pics.
Except the original poster, in the original post, put that WiiU screens were more than welcome in here.
Imagine that.

Roto13

IMO the original poster should have titled the thread XB1/PS4 screenshots... instead it came off as oh only real NEXT-GEN screenshots only (lot of people on gaf don't consider Wii U next-gen tech wise) which will only make Wii U owners more than happy to post pics.

"lot of people on gaf" can get over it.

Riki

Yay, next gen is here! Finally we'll get better looking trees?

Nope. Nope nope nope.

Well... the PS4 was released today. This thread was created today. I would imagine that if Wii-U was also "next-gen" then this thread would have already existed, no?

Since people are obviously completely incapable of reading the OP, I'll post it here with the interesting parts highlighted.

Well, I do know that we have one for the current gen consoles but we might as well start a brand new OT celebrating the availability of the 3 new kids on the block (you heard it right, Wii U fits here as well).

Posting this from my Wii U so nothing fancy for the moment. PS4 owners specifically, you got some work to do for Gaffers worldwide. Hit that Share button!

I hope that clears up any confusion that people seem to be having. Thank you and have a nice day.

I think Killzone is ok looking, but does it look blurry to anyone else? I dont know why that game in particular looks blurry to me when I play.

oxidax

maaan some people really hate the Wii U, huh?
amazing pictures BTW! im gonna go ahead and download em and set them as wallpapers :p

MilkBeard

Lol at people complaining about WiiU shots. It's nice actually to see how the system compares directly to the 'next gen' in these shots. The only problem I've seen so far are that the PS4 shots are pretty compressed.

GulAtiCa

This isn't a screenshot and it's not 1080p, but it is 60fps.
iba9PAIq5qSW7U.gif

Also 6 megabytes

Damn! Damn! Damn! That is beautiful!!! Really makes me want to buy a PS4 just for that game.. Must hold back my temptation..

Anyways... Here are some of mine from Miiverse (so may be little compressed):

rgHfY.jpeg

Pikmin 3

aUe3.jpeg

Cloudberry Kingdom

WIHks.jpeg

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Ik2F6w.jpeg

Little Inferno

Top Bottom