• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

Did you watch Jessica Jones? Claire met Luke Cage in that show. Claire first appeared on Daredevil and has been in all the Netflix Marvel shows.

StarCreator said:
Claire's meeting with Luke happened in Jessica Jones and her reasons for leaving Hell's Kitchen were covered in Daredevil S2.

Ah okay. I didn't know the Marvel shows were interconnected like that. Luke Cage was the first Marvel show I watched. Which one should I watch next?

Ah okay. I didn't know the Marvel shows were interconnected like that. Luke Cage was the first Marvel show I watched. Which one should I watch next?

I'd personally recommend watching them in order of release, though if you are more interested in seeing more of Luke then he features in Jessica Jones pretty heavily (to the point I'd consider Jessica Jones a prereq for Luke Cage). No harm in watching Jessica Jones before Daredevil S1, though definitely don't watch Daredevil S2 until after you've seen S1.

Madness

Show was corny and preachy at times, but I liked it. Colter was solid. But Mahershala Ali killed it. He has been killing it in house of cards as Remy Danton but as Cottonmouth he was great. The music, the vibe, worked well.

Wish they would increase the budget now, bring more 'super' into this superhero world.

I am glad I didn't start with Jessica Jones. Would have ruined Luke Cage for me. Eric LaRay Harvey aka Dunn Purnsley from Boardwalk was great as Diamondback. Alfre Woodard was good at times but I don't know if it was me or was she aloof or acting weird. Off in the distance. Was that her just being older now or part of the character. Detective Misty Knight actress Simone Missick often stole the show too. Great all around. Worst part was Shades. His actor and persona.

LNBL

On Episode 4 now, just broke out into laughter. As soon as I saw Luke cage getting shot with bullets in the early episodes I wondered what an RPG would do against him.

Permanently A

Finally got around to watching this. First half of the season was really dope, Cottonmouth was one of the best Marvel villains in a while. The way they developed him alongside Luke was great.

After they killed Cottonmouth it went downhill. Willis is a corny fuck.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Finally got around to watching this. First half of the season was really dope, Cottonmouth was one of the best Marvel villains in a while. The way they developed him alongside Luke was great.

After they killed Cottonmouth it went downhill. Willis is a corny fuck.

Yep, I was so disappointed when they killed Cottonmouth like halfway through. He was a great character.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Biggest tragedy of it all is we'll never have a scene with both Vincent D'onofrio and Mahershala Ali. Would've been cool to see.

I tried getting back into it, got to episode 9 or whatever. The episode where
Misty puts her hands on Rosario Dawson's throat
that scene was so bad I haven't wanted to watch it since. Misty has to be one of the worst written tv show characters EVER.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Such a good serie, with the usual MTU shortcomings..subpar action being the first. Loved it, though...Way more than Daredevil despite my man Charlie doing some terrific job. It manages to strike a miraculous balance between racial issues, superhero absurdity, cop drama without having one eclipsing the other. Mike Colter needs to loosen up a bit though, hes as stiff as a walking log. Cheer up mate!

Also found this LOL, not sure if posted, it had me literally bawling at the screen

https://youtu.be/0gpED0Z57RU

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I guess they are going with a more
real life prostethic look as opposed to the winter soldier look...

... fuck Marvel TV >_>

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So I'm 10 episodes in and I'm enjoying it quite well for the most part. I just have a few minor complaints..

After Cottonmouth gets
set free, he has a meeting with Luke. It's here where Cottonmouth tells Luke that he knows his past history as Carl Lucas, which he found out by way of Shades. Because of that, Luke now feels totally helpless, as Cottonmouth will spill his secret.

Okay, fine. But the problem with this is that in a few episodes ago, when Luke comes into the club, he acknowledges Shades and by this point, it's pretty clear that both are aware of each other. But Luke doesn't bother to do anything to Shades, and just walks by. So...did he seriously not think that Shades was going to tell Cottonmouth everything he knew about him? That's what makes it all the stupider when Luke is seemingly flabbergasted that Cottonmouth found out.

Aside from that, I'm also a bit surprised that Luke didn't bother to dole out any punishment to Shades after everything he did to him. I know he's a nice guy and all, but come on.

karasu

I'm on episode 5, man. This show fills me with pure pride, man. I'm so happy that kids get to grow up seeing imagery like this.

How would the city be able to seize control of private property like that?

Take away the liquor license.......but being run by a corrupt councilwoman helps too

Finished the season the other day

The actress that played Mariah was infuriating which I guess is the point, really drove me nuts

The Netflix Marvel shows really need to tighten up, there is a lot of good but a lot of really bad

finowns

I've been lagging on this because I don't really like the actor that plays Luke Cage but the first episode was really well done. And was it necessary for him to throw the guy through that window lol.

Edit - Ep.2 I already know
Pop is going to die

Edit - Episode 2 was good. Luke Cage can't act though.

Edit#2 - Prison!Luke was pretty good actually. The side characters are really good.

BroBot

But
They're not a tech company are they? I know Danny paid for the hospital bill, but It would be cool if Robert Downey Jr. could show up for 1 minute in this show.

I'm pretty sure that would
cost Misty's other arm, a leg,
and the entire budget of Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage combined to have
Robery Downey Jr.
show up for 1 minute 30 seconds.

Top Bottom