• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1) [Update: Big images in OP]

Exciting news.

Thought HR was a fantastic game. The original is still my favourite.

I hope they deepen the threads of conspiracy and consequence.
Also Michael McCann please return... bring Alexander Brandon/Michiel van den Bos along for the ride(a fool can dream right?)

munroe

Wondering about that helicopter girl, Malik I think was her name.

Saving her ass better be worth it.

For this reason, we have to say goodbye to some of their favorite characters, including and ( spoiler! ) pilot Farid Malik. In one of the missions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Farida plane was shot down on approach to the landing. Life charming pilot was in the hands of players: could repulse enemy offensive and save Malik or throw it to die at the crash site. In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on the job we will deliver new pilot - Elias check

DirtyCase

If none of the endings from HR are gonna be cannon how are they gonna go about tying the two together? Are they just gonna retcon the whole ending segment? Cause if I'm remembering that game correctly that would mean rendering a whole lot of the game's plot meaningless.

They most likely will choose the Hugh Darrows ending, where humanity ends up fearing biotech thus creating the divide.

Hasney

Just rewatched the Human Revolution reveal trailer again , one of the best ever reveal trailers , despite none of it being in game.

Deus ex : human revolution is one of my favorite games ever , i am so glad the rumors about being mmo/f2p e.t.c were not true.

This also gives me hope about just cause 3, hitman, and all the other square properties.

The rumors about it going MMO are appoarently still true, it's just they're taking the approach of it being a spin off, which should always be the case in my view (apart from Final Fantasy MMOs)

Red Hood

Banned
If none of the endings from HR are gonna be cannon how are they gonna go about tying the two together? Are they just gonna retcon the whole ending segment? Cause if I'm remembering that game correctly that would mean rendering a whole lot of the game's plot meaningless.

From what I've heard and read, the ending suggested by
Hugh Darrow is going to be canon. Apparently everything what happened in Panchaea has gotten out to the public and the public is hating/fearing transhumanists, which effectively eliminates the endings where the Humanity Front gets the blame (David Sarif), where the neuropozine gets blamed (Bill Taggart) and where Panchaea's events get published in the first place (Self-Destruct)
. I think there's no doubt.

Salsa

0fcf22e7-8850-4b89-9ac9-f9be50e2a20f.png

THAT'S NOT YELLOW

This is the first time that I feel a bit sad that the game won't take my previous choices into consideration, I can look the other side when it comes to the ending since there was 4, and taking that into consideration would mean creating 4 different game worlds (though that would have been epic), but certain things I did and struggled to achieve being thrown out of the window is a bit sad.

Still I'm very excited for Mankind Divided, Human Revolution was one of my favorite games, replaying it and discovering new things was even more enjoyable, so I'm excited to see what Mankind Divided brings to the table, also Adam Jensen is back which is a huge deal for me.

E3 can't come any sooner.

Nessus

People keep asking about this.

I get why, but I figure Ion Storm did the same thing with the endings from the original Deus Ex for Invisible War.

A combination of the events took place. In Invisible War Denton merged with Helios (Helios ending), but the merging somehow inadvertently triggered a mini dark age (Tong ending).

I don't think it'd be too hard to have some combination of the Human Revolution endings take place (obviously not the one where Adam dies).

What would have been difficult would be a combination of Invisible War's endings, they're so dramatically different, especially the Omar ending.

GavinUK86

Forkball

Human Revolution was one of my favorite games last gen and I have been anxiously awaiting a sequel. Everything sounds good so far.

AMC124c41

Neo Member
Super excited for this, hope the world is a bit more open now and hope they keep McCann on for the music, the soundtrack really brought the whole game world to life the last time around.

Super excited for this, hope the world is a bit more open now and hope they keep McCann on for the music, the soundtrack really brought the whole game world to life the last time around.

I'm eagerly awaiting news for his return. Please please please let him do the soundtrack!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, should I play through the Director's Cut or non-DC version of Human Revolution before this?

Jackpot

Banned
Darrow's ending exposes the Illuminati though (which is why I chose it). It think it'll be more of a mix like how IW took DE1's endings.

i-Lo

For this reason, we have to say goodbye to some of their favorite characters, including and ( spoiler! ) pilot Farid Malik. In one of the missions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Farida plane was shot down on approach to the landing. Life charming pilot was in the hands of players: could repulse enemy offensive and save Malik or throw it to die at the crash site. In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on the job we will deliver new pilot - Elias check

Why is the English so terrible?

Nemmy

Amazing news. Day 1 on PC.

I actually welcome the news on all endings being non-canon now. Hopefully whatever hybrid they come up with will actually be decent. The whole HR finale was so rushed it seriously soured my experience with the game.
Malik though... :(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I know that a Russian Gaffer already confirmed that it was a correct translation, but I'm sure that Faridah Malik is returning. Maybe I'm in denial.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looks good, but...

Hopefully that amount of motion blur is just in a bullshot or I'll have to wait to upgrade my PC and play it on there so I can turn it off.

For an explosion that's a perfect amount.

Looks like Crysis MB, which is some of the best in the industry.

Top Bottom