• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I use ppp, p reach, p fury, 2 dual status mods, drifting contact, condition overload and buzz kill for mine. Might switch out buzz kill for weeping wounds or something else. Works fine for any mission for me though. Just got 63% damage for last softie today.

Namikaze1

That feeling when you finally sell something and get enough plat for an additional Warframe space. Got exactly 20p for Lex Prime set. Was selling it for 15p but the player who bought it was feeling a bit generous.

All that Axi farming proved useful in the end (though I still can't get a Braton Prime Receiver, Tigris Prime BP, and the Galantine Prime BP to drop T_T ).

Edit (so as to not double post): and this Fang Prime set sale just got me enough plat for another warframe space. Today has been a wonderful day. Now to build that Nekros Prime.

Cracklox

That feeling when you finally sell something and get enough plat for an additional Warframe space. Got exactly 20p for Lex Prime set. Was selling it for 15p but the player who bought it was feeling a bit generous.

All that Axi farming proved useful in the end (though I still can't get a Braton Prime Receiver, Tigris Prime BP, and the Galantine Prime BP to drop T_T ).

Edit (so as to not double post): and this Fang Prime set sale just got me enough plat for another warframe space. Today has been a wonderful day. Now to build that Nekros Prime.

Good to hear you're selling stuff. It can be a pretty intimidating thing to get into. I haven't had any luck selling anything outside of rivens and syndicate stuff lately. Any of the non-vaulted prime frames are pretty hard to move atm. Which is a shame because I'm building a nice collection of them.

Also some advice. When you're a bit stuck for slots, but have a frame you know you want to use, you can still begin and complete the construction , and just not claim it from the foundry. When you do get a slot, you jut go claim it and save yourself 3 days wait

Wowbagger

Someone comes out of the vault at the same time, no? Did I hear that's expected to be Loki? Hoping for Nyx

Not unless they're speeding up unvaulting. They have to do that eventually, but my bet is we'll just get another couple frames around Christmas (Loki and Nyx).

Cracklox

Nekros' trounces both Radial Disarm and Decoy with Terrify and Shadows.

That may anger the Loki master race, (which I'm not really one of), but he has his uses in defense. And personally I find shadows annoying to play with, and I've never bothered with terrify cos screw powers that disperse enemies and not bunch them up.

Add Loki's augment to disarm and it becomes very powerful, especially against grineer. Also there's something to be said about staying invis with its stealth multiplier, and being able to easy revive folks in tough situations. Decoy can also draw fire away from teammates.

Also in tougher missions just staying alive and not going down all the time helps the team, which Loki is very good at

It shouldn't offend Loki players. He's still one of the best frames for certain other mission types, and I use him for a lot of Sorties just because of how valuable invisible is. But for defenses, at least fissures like I was doing, there's just nothing I can think of that he can brings to the table that wouldn't be better replaced by another frame's ability. Yet I keep seeing people bringing him.

frizby

I don't understand why people bring Loki to void fissure defenses. What does he have to offer the objective?

Disarm and decoy?

Nekros' trounces both Radial Disarm and Decoy with Terrify and Shadows.

He's also super useful for reviving dead Nekros. ;)

If any Nekros uses terrify in Defense, I'm probably out. I'm not about chasing enemies down.

But yeah, I usually bring Nekros for argon.

I don't think I've died yet on my Nekros in a defense (other than when someone hits me with the lasers in the orokin void). Terrify is an excellent ability in emergencies that I only ever use when there's a threat reviving others, or on occasion to deal with an annoying Bursa.

frizby

I don't think I've died yet on my Nekros in a defense (other than when someone hits me with the lasers in the orokin void). Terrify is an excellent ability in emergencies that I only ever use when there's a threat reviving others, or on occasion to deal with an annoying Bursa.

Not sure how far you've taken him, but at some point (very high level) my sentinel becomes the limiting factor on my Nekros. When it inevitably dies and isn't vacuuming health orbs to feed health conversion, Nekros becomes vulnerable to random bombard shots...or similar. But as long as you're stacking health conversion, he's tanky af.

But Loki should theoretically scale perfectly with irradiating disarm. And invisibility/decoy is near perfect defense. Loki's limiting factor is that whatever random damage he takes at high level will kill him, so you have to skirt the objective and be careful.

Neither is perfect, but Loki in the right hands can be useful in defense IMO.

Until last night I had no idea you could look up Relics in the Codex to find their drop locations and whether they've been vaulted.

Mind blown.

Its under the "Universe" tab BTW, and then on the bottom left.

goblin

Until last night I had no idea you could look up Relics in the Codex to find their drop locations and whether they've been vaulted.

Mind blown.

Its under the "Universe" tab BTW, and then on the bottom left.

There should really be a small icon (like, I don't know, a V) next to vaulted relics on the refinement and mission selection screens, and also next to vaulted items in the reward selection screen.

Also ducat value would be great, too.

frizby

Probably not terribly long because I've always done PUGs - meaning 99% the time I get stuck with ineffective people. Plus I only really bring Nekros when I'm bored of Ember or trying to level weapons.

Gotcha. Against corpus and grineer, I don't think anybody scales better than Loki. He's basically an invisible Nyx that takes every enemy gun regardless of their level. Everybody else eventually hits a wall in terms of damage they can do or damage they can take/avoid. I'm honestly not sure who's even close. Maybe Ash or Excalibur if you're good with them...or Nyx.

What do people use for Banshee Prime's aura. I currently have growing power in it but everywhere I look online seems to have switched the polarity to fit in corrosive projection.

jfull7602

Neo Member
What do people use for Banshee Prime's aura. I currently have growing power in it but everywhere I look online seems to have switched the polarity to fit in corrosive projection.

All of the randoms I see normally use Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon. I use CP, but that is because I do not have Growing Power yet.

jfull7602

Neo Member
Also, as a side note and just a random "vent". I'm already very tired of getting Harrow chassis' from the void fissure missions. I think I received about 5 or 6 last night alone. Time to start a collection just as most of us have with old Oberon and Ash parts.

Jellie

Haven't played in ages and don't think I'll ever return so if anyone from the clan wants my stuff (mods, plat, arcanes etc) lemme know.

Anything specific or you want all my arcanes?
Also specify if its arcane helmet or arcanes from raids.

I'll take all your raid arcanes off your hands if possible.

I figure I could try to wheel and deal to see if I could turn them into a complete set of the more useful kind.

Jellie

I'll take all your raid arcanes off your hands if possible.

I figure I could try to wheel and deal to see if I could turn them into a complete set of the more useful kind.

They are already compelte sets of the useful ones so you can skip that step.

Max Grace, Max Avenger, Max Barrier, Max Guardian, Max Rage I think.

I only just remembered Frizby used to sell his plat to clan members so kinda wanna see if anyone wants to buy my stuff for cheap using steam vouchers instead of just giving it away sorry. Haven't played my ps4 since I got my PC and might look to start PC warframe so anything I can sell on would be good to get me started on that I guess. If there's nobody interested I guess I'll give it all away with you getting which ever arcane sets you want since you asked for that already.

Think I got 1k plat, several max primed mods or near max and some of the discontinued arcane helmets like swindle loki, vanguard rhino, pendragon excalibur etc.

Probably do something like £5-£10 per 1k worth of items seeing as 1k plat is £40 from the psn store.

If nobody bites I'll trade it with you on Monday.

PSN is undignify.

When looking at other builds sometimes I notice people are using 5/5 Fleeting Expertise and 4/5 Streamline. Is there any reason they do that rather than 4/5 Fleeting Expertise and 4/5 Streamline?

VandalD

When looking at other builds sometimes I notice people are using 5/5 Fleeting Expertise and 4/5 Streamline. Is there any reason they do that rather than 4/5 Fleeting Expertise and 4/5 Streamline?
The only reason to have more efficiency than 75% is to offset the cost of channeled abilities if you lack duration, like with World on Fire, since your duration stat also ties into how efficient channeled abilities are.

The only reason to have more efficiency than 75% is to offset the cost of channeled abilities if you lack duration, like with World on Fire, since your duration stat also ties into how efficient channeled abilities are.

I know, which is why I am confused by so many with 5/5 fleeting expertise and 4/5 streamline. That is 85%.

VandalD

I know, which is why I am confused by so many with 5/5 fleeting expertise and 4/5 streamline. That is 85%.
Well, that's the min/max answer. The only other answers that would make sense to me is that they maxed out their Fleeting Expertise for another build, or maxed it before learning it can be better not to and simply don't have another and/or don't care about the extra 10% duration that would give them. Or they're just bad at math.

frizby

All of the randoms I see normally use Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon. I use CP, but that is because I do not have Growing Power yet.

Growing Power is the correct answer if you're building a pure soundquake build...which is what most people do with Banshee, sadly.

Cracklox

So I reworked my Mag build, added a forma which allowed me to add primed continuity for polarize, as well as the magnetize aug. I now don't have to worry about my bubbles hanging around too long, I can just detonate them. Which is pretty fun too, and has a good chance at disarming for added cc

Just tried it in a 40 minute survival on Paulus and did 52% damage and only went down once. I went in at level 26 as well, so I wasn't fully optimized. But its working nicely so far

- edit - I'm also using miter because its awesome and causes some mayhem when fired into magnetize. Also with the syndicate aug you become a nullifiers worst nighmare

They need to bring the Acolyte back again to give people a chance at their mods. I need Argon Scope and Maiming Strike.

Or better yet, actually add them to the game's loot tables somewhere.

Callandor

PS4 is two or three corpus-winning-corpus-siege invasions away from the frist razorback armada event, so just a heads up that you might want to farm some polymer now.
Razorback keys are 3500 polymer each, and all players must have one to get into the fight.

The event will have the 120% puncture mods, the heat/stat archwing mods, and gorgon wraith parts, so prep now!

Can do 10am UK time on Sunday if you're on then.

I missed you due to the time difference. I won't be leaving till afternoon on Monday so would the same time work on Monday? Actually anytime in the next 18 hours, if you can shoot me a message on Psn (ThirdROB) I can jump on.

Jellie

I missed you due to the time difference. I won't be leaving till afternoon on Monday so would the same time work on Monday? Actually anytime in the next 18 hours, if you can shoot me a message on Psn (ThirdROB) I can jump on.

Hope you enjoy them. The randoms didn't get anything as good though. Maybe one person came close lol.
EDIT: Take it back. Checked the prices. Those arcanes sets I gave you are like 4k plat lol other guy got something worth 500p. Highlight was a guy freaking out when I added 100p but not reacting to arcane vanguard helmet.

Top Bottom