• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

I died right away in a squad game with randoms, and I spectated them for like a half hour anyway and they actually won. Better than any stream I've watched.

Also, PUBG runs perfectly on my PC for hours at a time, but after I shut it down Windows becomes completely unresponsive until I reboot.

kendrid

Banned
Also, PUBG runs perfectly on my PC for hours at a time, but after I shut it down Windows becomes completely unresponsive until I reboot.

On my PC the executable is in task manager for minutes after shutting the game down. You can probably force kill it to get your PC back without rebooting.

LbN8ots.jpg

what an ez game

*finds a bike, rushes to the other side of the circle, dash into house*

*buggy pulls up 15 seconds later, driver runs inside and gets shot by me*

"Way to camp that out"

Plasmid

*finds a bike, rushes to the other side of the circle, dash into house*

*buggy pulls up 15 seconds later, driver runs inside and gets shot by me*

"Way to camp that out"

I love the salt in solos, I'll camp a wizard tower or fuckboy shack for a circle and then people with the same exact idea get mad when they roll up? So good.

psn

Shotguns are so bad in this game. Unbalanced and unpredictable. I hate it.
We both had lvl1 vest, I even had a helmet, he had none.
I am down after 1 shot, he is not even down after two.

giphy.gif

And earlier I shot someone point blank from 5m with the double-barreled shotgun twice and he was still alive.

giphy.gif

And earlier I shot someone point blank from 5m with the double-barreled shotgun twice and he was still alive.

It's like game developers have never shot a real shotgun before, they never get it right. They aren't fuckin blunderbusses.

I tried to figure out how it could have happened....

Your first shot was after jumping so maybe your accuracy was lower. The shot maybe just grazed him. 2nd shot was solid to the body. Maybe he could have survived that.... I don't know.

You don't have full health. I can't read the text, but if he had a headshot... maybe that's enough to have killed you from not full health even with a helmet?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
It's like game developers have never shot a real shotgun before, they never get it right. They aren't fuckin blunderbusses.

At this point it's quite likely that the way they behave in-game has more to do with audience expectation than a lack of accuracy on their part, desired or otherwise.

Venfayth

On your first shot most of your pellets were counted as limb shots, I'd guess a few pellets missed, might be one pellet headshot, but a survivable shot if he was full health.

Your second shot never registered. On his screen he killed you before you shot, or he killed you right as you pulled the trigger, and the trade prevention system determined he shot faster than you. If it had registered you can rest assure he'd be dead unless there was really bad lag happening.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Your first shot was after jumping so maybe your accuracy was lower. The shot maybe just grazed him. 2nd shot was solid to the body. Maybe he could have survived that.... I don't know.

You don't have full health. I can't read the text, but if he had a headshot... maybe that's enough to have killed you from not full health even with a helmet?

This game doesn't have kill trading. The reason he didn't die is because the opponent killed the poster first. The bullets that were in the air had their damage negated because their "shooter" was dead when they checked if they should do damage. That is why you can see blood but no damage.

This is what happens when you have games that don't allow kill trading yet have bullet travel time.

Lemonte

giphy.gif

Your second shot probably didn't even happen due to server tick rate. I have had same thing happened so many times.

Blizzard

Banned
I've had that happen and have learned to avoid trees. He basically aimed directly for the tree so it's not too surprising. :p

Really appreciate this guys videos but this is particularly cool w/ the eye tracking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxwm_VNKS8c
That was a neat video, though I felt like his opponents were pretty bad. 3 different times in the top 10, someone got the jump on him from range and barely did any damage. Not one of them seemed to have a Kar98 / AWM / Mini-14 / Groza, unless I just missed it.

Arkeband

Banned
Eugh. I was heading toward top ten, had a boat and had made my way to the south side of the military island for the final circle(s), hopped out of the boat onto the sand and "Fell to my death".

I hope that their final build with climbing and vaulting has basic physics working because this isn't the first time I've 'fallen to my death' for no reason.

Bread

Banned
Eugh. I was heading toward top ten, had a boat and had made my way to the south side of the military island for the final circle(s), hopped out of the boat onto the sand and "Fell to my death".

I hope that their final build with climbing and vaulting has basic physics working because this isn't the first time I've 'fallen to my death' for no reason.
easy fix: wait until your vehicle has stopped moving before jumping out

The boat has to come to a complete stop first. The you need to count to 10. Then, make sure you're holding the walk button. Only then can you get out of the boat safely.

Arkeband

Banned
easy fix: wait until your vehicle has stopped moving before jumping out

I can hop out of cars and motorcycles before they've come to a full stop and not instantly die, and I've 'fallen to my death' just walking around on some rocky outcrops, it's really bizarre.

brentech

With almost 400hrs played, I’ve “climbed” just about every surface on the map. Have never fallen to death without it being an obvious long fall.

BigDes

Met my third hacker last night.

Dude was hitting consistent headship on us at 300m while we were on a bike

Oh also behind a building so he couldn't see us

Ran into a hacker two games in a row. First one took out a squad, and in mid air, 360'd and hit my head three times. Even though I was behind him and opposite of the squad he just wiped. Reported him. Questionable, but I still reported because of how instant everything happened.

The very next game I just saw some guy on the kill feed sweeping through fools. I even mentioned to my squad that this guy looks like he's cheating. Sure enough, last squad mate got shot in the head six times in an instant. The exact same guy I warned them about.

cripterion

I've shot peeps from a longer distance with that shotty (and a choke) and they went down on one hit. Shotgun is as random as it gets in this game.

Uggggggh.

1) The grenade indicator is a complete liar. I always forget this. Watching my hand go clearly over a window frame while the indicator says it will cleanly go over and right behind the tree where the guy with 1HP is desperately healing, only for the grenade to teleport 6 inches down to bounce off and kill me shouldn't be surprising, yet it always does.

2) There are so many foreign players on every region server now that the lag can be insanely frustrating even when your own connection is fine. Getting hit around corners is just atrocious now.

Grassy

Had a game today where the last few circles were in the wheat fields to the east of Gatka and I had a UAZ with me, so I decided instead of doing the usual snek/worm/prone through the field like everyone else I'd use the UAZ for cover and see what happened.

In short, using a UAZ/vehicle in the last few circles in wheat fields can work extremely well. I made a short clip of the last 4 kills I got: https://streamable.com/j09v2

Top Bottom