• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | August 2017

jholmes

Not sure how long this will last.

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - Wii U [Digital Code] $5.99 at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073VB6P5N/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I've always been mildly curious about this game, thanks! Maybe it'll actually be good.

Quick heads up to anyone like me, Amazon won't sell this to you if your address isn't in the United States, but if you have a U.S. address to use they will still accept your Canadian credit card.

chronomac

League of Evil was just added to the Switch’s eShop Coming Soon page for August 31. It’s only 55 MB, which makes it 2nd smallest game on Switch. Retro City Rampage DX is the smallest (only 24 MB).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Bunch of EU people on Twitter all said Morphite listing popped up in the EU eShop.

img_20170818_114502z5xx6.jpg

jholmes

$6 is really the good price for PokePark Wii. It's repetitive and really easy but it's some quick, disposable fun for Pokemon fans and it looks pretty decent when playing on my Wii U. If it goes back up at that price, I definitely recommend it.

Any opinions on Sky Ride on the Switch? I have no clue what to think of it but I kinda want to try...?

Don't do it, lol. It's a bad game.

I was curious about it as well and figured $7 isn't a big deal so why not? But man, it's so bad. Stay away.

There are no modes other than play this 1 map and try for a high score.

Your bike can go up and down but you, yourself, can't look up or down. So you can't aim at people above or below you.

I think I read or saw that there were online leaderboards but I just saw local..unless I missed something.

The gameplay is basically shoot a bunch of these weird ass looking enemies, then a boss spawns. Beat the boss and repeat the process but none of it is fun.

Nothing has any impact. Even though I'm killing enemies, I don't actually feel like I am. There are 5 weapons you can use but none of them are impressive.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Magician Lord is tough, huh? First mini-boss just wrecked me.

Also, splatterhouse is a blast.

Switch is KILLING it. Give me fucking Virtual Console and Nintendo gets all my money.

watershed

Banned
Don't do it, lol. It's a bad game.

I was curious about it as well and figured $7 isn't a big deal so why not? But man, it's so bad. Stay away.

There are no modes other than play this 1 map and try for a high score.

Your bike can go up and down but you, yourself, can't look up or down. So you can't aim at people above or below you.

I think I read or saw that there were online leaderboards but I just saw local..unless I missed something.

The gameplay is basically shoot a bunch of these weird ass looking enemies, then a boss spawns. Beat the boss and repeat the process but none of it is fun.

Nothing has any impact. Even though I'm killing enemies, I don't actually feel like I am. There are 5 weapons you can use but none of them are impressive.
Too bad. I don't understand why the Switch eshop is already getting shovelware. I thought Nintendo was intent on some kind of quality moderation.

Platy

I am really impressed by the Monster Hunter demo ... 3 fights, including a super hard one and all classes.

That is like weeks of monster hunter content

jonno394

For anyone curious about Forma.8, I've uploaded some footage on Youtube which takes place around 40% of the way through. No real spoilers, unless you count seeing the lovely backgrounds as spoilers!

Game is due out on Thursday, and so far i've really enjoyed my time with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQleJyqCWJI

(i'll remove if linking to your own accounts/recordings is frowned upon)

etrain911

Are there any opinions on getting Mario Kart 7 vs. Hyrule Warrior Legends to play on an old 2DS? My birthday is the 25th and so I got some birthday discounts but those are the only two games that I don't already own that really speak to me. I know Hyrule Warrior Legends has frame rate issues but I already own MK8 Deluxe and don't know how much fun I would have without the smart steering settings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are there any opinions on getting Mario Kart 7 vs. Hyrule Warrior Legends to play on an old 2DS? My birthday is the 25th and so I got some birthday discounts but those are the only two games that I don't already own that really speak to me.
HW Legends doesn't run really well on OG 3DS or 2DS from what I've heard (there's not even 3D unless you have New 3DS), so unless you REALLY want a portable Dynasty Warriors game with Zelda characters, I'd probably go with MK7.

etrain911

HW Legends doesn't run really well on OG 3DS or 2DS from what I've heard (there's not even 3D unless you have New 3DS), so unless you REALLY want a portable Dynasty Warriors game with Zelda characters, I'd probably go with MK7.

Is it easy to play without smart steering? I'm woefully bad at racing games but MK8 Deluxe felt so accessible to me.

lawnchair

Banned
dear people:

since this seems to be the biggest active Switch-based thread i thought i'd drop this tech-support related problem here. if it isn't welcome please let me know.

i've had my switch for about a month, played almost exclusively in handheld mode. the couple of times i tried it on a tv at a family member's house it was fine. today i finally get around to playing it on my tv at home and i'm getting some pretty noticeable input lag. in zelda, sonic, multiple games. i'm playing on the joycon grip. it's not just the left controller. i'm sitting maaaaybe six feet away from the Switch. could it be a TV issue?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, this Wednesday, Japan's getting a giant sale where a bunch of games will be 20% off + another 20% off for My Nintendo members, AND 12 new Super Famicom games for New 3DS (VC STILL SORTA KIND OF LIVES ON 3DS).

The games they're getting are Demon's Crest, Breath of Fire, Breath of Fire 2, Castlevania: Dracula X, Goemon 2, Goemon 3, Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy 4, FF5, FF6, Romancing SaGa 2, & Famicom Detective Club Part 2.

Look forward to NA & EU getting neither the sale or any of the games.

Pokemaniac

dear people:

since this seems to be the biggest active Switch-based thread i thought i'd drop this tech-support related problem here. if it isn't welcome please let me know.

i've had my switch for about a month, played almost exclusively in handheld mode. the couple of times i tried it on a tv at a family member's house it was fine. today i finally get around to playing it on my tv at home and i'm getting some pretty noticeable input lag. in zelda, sonic, multiple games. i'm playing on the joycon grip. it's not just the left controller. i'm sitting maaaaybe six feet away from the Switch. could it be a TV issue?

First thing to try would definitely be doing a full reboot of the Switch. Hold down the power button until a menu appears on screen, then hit "Power Options", then "Restart" (or "Reboot", I forget exactly what they called it).

lawnchair

Banned
First thing to try would definitely be doing a full reboot of the Switch. Hold down the power button until a menu appears on screen, then hit "Power Options", then "Restart" (or "Reboot", I forget exactly what they called it).

no go. thanks for tryin. i'll keep searching ..

nintendo support is just talking about minimizing distance between controller and dock, making sure it's not by my tv or any cables, blah blah etc etc. :\

Refyref

Damn, this Wednesday, Japan's getting a giant sale where a bunch of games will be 20% off + another 20% off for My Nintendo members, AND 12 new Super Famicom games for New 3DS (VC STILL SORTA KIND OF LIVES ON 3DS).

The games they're getting are Demon's Crest, Breath of Fire, Breath of Fire 2, Castlevania: Dracula X, Goemon 2, Goemon 3, Ogre Battle, Final Fantasy 4, FF5, FF6, Romancing SaGa 2, & Famicom Detective Club Part 2.

Look forward to NA & EU getting neither the sale or any of the games.

Demon's Crest, the two Breath of Fire games and Dracula X are already out in NA. The rest are either SE games or Japanese only games, so yeah. But for the applicable ones, Japan is the one behind this time.

Bazry

dear people:

Is the HDMI running through a splitter or directly into the TV?

BooJoh

dear people:

I would take the Switch out of the dock, set it on its kickstand right next to the dock, then sit where you would be for TV play and test it that way. If the input lag is gone, it's probably a TV issue, if not, it's probably a Joycon issue.

zigg

I would take the Switch out of the dock, set it on its kickstand right next to the dock, then sit where you would be for TV play and test it that way. If the input lag is gone, it's probably a TV issue, if not, it's probably a Joycon issue.
Do this. I've already had two Joy-Cons fixed, but if your TV is doing too much processing, you can lose 100-200ms easily.

You can also evaluate your Joy-Cons in the Switch's settings menu—Controllers and Sensors > Calibrate Motion Controls. If you can swirl your sticks and it looks choppy, you should get the offending Joy-Con repaired. I've done this for two of them. Watch your hand position—a flaky Joy-Con will work OK when it's mostly out in the open, but stop working well if your hand covers a lot of it.

lawnchair

Banned

Do this. I've already had two Joy-Cons fixed, but if your TV is doing too much processing, you can lose 100-200ms easily.

did this and it seems like my joycons are fine. so it's something to do with .. tv processing? :\

any possible fixes? settings on my TV?

edit: you guys~!!!! i fixed it! just had to switch a setting on the tv to 'game mode' (which for some reason it wasn't on before) ... i feel dumb. also relieved. sorry for the brief derail. y'all are the best.

Robin64

edit: you guys~!!!! i fixed it! just had to switch a setting on the tv to 'game mode' (which for some reason it wasn't on before) ... i feel dumb. also relieved. sorry for the brief derail. y'all are the best.

"Game Mode" (aka doing-nothing-to-the-picture mode) should really be the default on TVs. It's a crime it isn't. You're not the only one to ever have this problem, and won't be the last.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Now that PayPal works in the German store, does that mean I could buy stuff internationally via PayPal? Does for example the ZA store support it as well?

deadfolk

Now that PayPal works in the German store, does that mean I could buy stuff internationally via PayPal? Does for example the ZA store support it as well?

Latest info seems to be that your PayPal account needs to match the region of the store you're buying from, so it won't help there.

Edit: are you in Germany? Your card might just work in ZA anyway, if you haven't tried it. I'm in Ireland and can buy from ZA without problems.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Latest info seems to be that your PayPal account needs to match the region of the store you're buying from, so it won't help there.

Edit: are you in Germany? Your card might just work in ZA anyway, if you haven't tried it. I'm in Ireland and can buy from ZA without problems.
Uuuh nice! Will try that later :)

jonno394

I'll have two OTs posted on Thursday, one for Forma.8 and one for Piczle Lines DX. I know they won't get much traffic but I feel someone has to promote Indie games on Switch in Gaming side, especially as I doubt most even come to this thread!

Recorded some footage of Piczle Lines DX if anyone is interested. First impressions are that I really should have gone in to story mode and tried the easier levels in there before trying a larger Puzzle mode level! Game play is simple enough but I can see it getting rather complex in Puzzle mode as the levels get bigger. Huge and Colossal puzzle backs feature 64x64 puzzles, and Dinosaurs d 128x128 puzzles, which will likely take an age!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFqFRzGOuGY

Refyref

Despite my account's location not matching, I managed to connect my Paypal account to my US Nintendo account. Good riddance, credit card region locking and prepaid cards!

Platy

Was the game ever properly released on steam ?

Played when it arrived on early access and it was ...lacking lots of stuff

Top Bottom