• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Indignate

yeah amc is pretty harsh just gotta make sure to take down his hives and avoid his honey

Its the hives. So many games people on my team ignore the hives ... Even vets.

I was never in his lane or even ran into him until mid-late game, but I knew the hives were a problem from the get go and starting taking them down when I could. Don't know what they do though, should probably go look that up.

It also probably doesn't help that our Ra went 0-10 with him in the first ten minutes. But seriously, he was just melting me down in the late game. Granted, being Artemis I get melted pretty easily, but his huge gold advantage sure as hell didn't help me there.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
boar then put a trap under them when they get stunned by tusky the double cc lets you dump damage on them real fast also if someone is chasing you drop a trap in front of you as you run so theyll run into it just a few tips for her

Manbig

Its the hives. So many games people on my team ignore the hives ... Even vets.

Personally I make it a,top priority to take them down. Especially early game when his cooldown is much higher (thinking arena but conquest too) and mana much lower. He BURNS through mana ... Very low sustain.

In conquest you gotta watch the entrances to the jungle. That's typically where he will try to hide his hives.

Tge other problem is,ranged phys is kinda,broken right now.They tried to fix it with the Quins Sais nerf but speed builds on ranged phys are still too powerful IMHO

Wasn't the nerf to Qin's more about Warriors wrecking squishies with it? At least that's what I recall being said during the patch stream.

Aside from that, I personally find X'Balanque way more terrifying than Ah Muzen Cab. He's about as much of a hard carry as ranged physical can get.

You know who is a terrifying hunter? Fucking Anhur. But the problem is that 99% of the people who play Anhur in Arena suck (me included), so you constantly underestimate him. But then you play a good Anhur and it's a horrible experience all around. When they can consistently land the Shifting Sands + Impale combo... just run away.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
yeah if your quick enough you can leap into them knock them up and pop pillar and spear at the same time then bust your ult point blank in their stupid face

There are a few gods that just seem ridiculously good to the point of being must-choose. Ao Kuang, Sun Wukong, Xbalanque, and Geb. A team without one of them seems to have a harder time with everything.

Does this change in high end play?

I was never in his lane or even ran into him until mid-late game, but I knew the hives were a problem from the get go and starting taking them down when I could. Don't know what they do though, should probably go look that up.

It also probably doesn't help that our Ra went 0-10 with him in the first ten minutes. But seriously, he was just melting me down in the late game. Granted, being Artemis I get melted pretty easily, but his huge gold advantage sure as hell didn't help me there.

Looking at that match log that you posted it looked like he had a clanmate supporting him in lane. Having an ADC and a support with some type of practice or communication with each other is a huge benefit, especially if there were on mumble or something. Might be a part of why they rolled so hard assuming that they were laning together, which it looks like they were from the stats. A little bit of communication can go a really long way, especially for ADC / support.

oooo man my hype for it is pretty high
also not 100% if they are doing anything about patch preview today think they moved it to fridays but i hope we get a little something if they are showing off the map would be pretty great

This looks nifty. I've really only done Conquest so far, but I like the effort that they have put forth with thinking up some new game modes with Smite. If Conquest starts to get stale for me I'm looking forward to trying out some Arena. Do the lanes twist back and forth of something? Can't really tell what's going on with it yet.

There are a few gods that just seem ridiculously good to the point of being must-choose. Ao Kuang, Sun Wukong, Xbalanque, and Geb. A team without one of them seems to have a harder time with everything.

Does this change in high end play?

Ao Kuang is used in high play but Agni is preferred, like Zeus (but Zeus is banned a lot!). There was a little comeback of Poseidon, too, but he isn't picked that much. Some teams like Isis, and Scylla is a hot pick now. Ra is usually picked in solo lane, but also can be picked in mid.

Apollo and Neith are the king and queen of Hunters , but Xbalanque, AMC and Anhur are also picked. Almost every hunter, really. Maybe Cupid is one I don't remember seeing it in tourneys.

Sun Wukong is super disputed in high level yeah. It's already several months of him dominating support. Geb also is liked, he is very good. Kumbkharna can be picked starting this weekend in the tourney, I suspect he won't picked that much, actually. Let's see if my prediction is correct. Imo, in super high level play mobility is king, that's why they prefer supports like Sun Wukong (eagle, ox!), Geb (rolling!) or Bacchus (leap). For example, Ymir is a super tough tank, with great cc and for a tank he has decent damage, but his lack of mobility means he isn't picked in tourneys.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I always wondered how some people can cast bandages + hands + ult in almost 0.1 second, all at the same time.

its a roll of the fingers when bandages is mid flight you hit grasping hands then ult

edit: a lot more scylla play then ao and tyr instead of wukong but all gods are pretty counterable everyone has a weakness

Someone posted all the Siege map teasers on Reddit:

TnjC4tQ.jpg

GJpYrhM.jpg

wpm4QY6.jpg

YV8Iahf.jpg

ec9kVJ2.jpg

NJalSAS.jpg

HCWLt1Q.jpg

VHqBtkk.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
This looks nifty. I've really only done Conquest so far, but I like the effort that they have put forth with thinking up some new game modes with Smite. If Conquest starts to get stale for me I'm looking forward to trying out some Arena. Do the lanes twist back and forth of something? Can't really tell what's going on with it yet.

its 2 lanes with all jungle in the middle they dont cross just straight aways

Indignate

Looking at that match log that you posted it looked like he had a clanmate supporting him in lane. Having an ADC and a support with some type of practice or communication with each other is a huge benefit, especially if there were on mumble or something. Might be a part of why they rolled so hard assuming that they were laning together, which it looks like they were from the stats. A little bit of communication can go a really long way, especially for ADC / support.

You're talking about the Chaac? He was in duo with Sobek against my Artimes and Nemesis. AMC and Ra both solo'ed mid.

But yeah, I understand the advantage of playing with people you can communicate with as I play Dota with a group of friends. The Nemesis did a decent job of taking last hits from me, but not much I can do besides asking them to stop, but then again being new to the game I'm still unsure of most of the roles that the characters fill so maybe Nemesis needs the last hits as well and I would have been better off laning with someone else (which works both ways, Nemesis being unaware that I needed the last hits).

Low level games, man. Our Chaac was calling everybody a noob. Always fun.

Liberty4all

Banned

The hives grant him a speed buff, heal him (over time) and also afflict enemies with BEES (a damage over time effect) when damaging them with his 3 ability.

Liberty4all

Banned
Wasn't the nerf to Qin's more about Warriors wrecking squishies with it? At least that's what I recall being said during the patch stream.

Aside from that, I personally find X'Balanque way more terrifying than Ah Muzen Cab. He's about as much of a hard carry as ranged physical can get.

Pre nerf Quins was a must have phys item ... It did soooo much damage when combined with attack speed items, to everyone really but yeah it ruined squishys. I would buy it as a first item even over boots.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
A few important notes for everyone to know regarding how we will release Siege.

Hopefully this weekend, we will put Siege on our PTS server for initial public testing. Not long thereafter, we will put it in the "live" game but with a BETA tag. This means primarily that the gameplay is ready to be tested and refined, but the art is not yet at what we consider a final completed state.

It takes a lot of effort to complete the final art pass on a map. Before we do so, we want to refine the gameplay so that we know we have a "settled" map design.

So, there will be something to play very soon (with relatively rough art). We will refine that gameplay over a few patches. And by the Summer we should have the art dialed to 11.

:D

Hmm what god would use something like this? Looks cool though :D

Janus, god of transitions, doors, etc.
In ancient Roman religion and myth, Janus (Latin: Ianus, pronounced [ˈiaː.nus]) is the god of beginnings and transitions,[1] thence also of gates, doors, passages, endings and time. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he looks to the future and to the past. The Romans named the month of January (Ianuarius) in his honor.

I just had a nice, fulfilling Assault as Hades. 9/8/37, the rest of the team had 15-19 assists. I did the most player damage, and the most creep damage and the most damage taken and the most damage mitigated. Why choose between carry and tank if you can be both!

fuzaco

I just got a new computer, but I don't have my new video card yet, so I'm using an old GTS 450. I was surprised Smite runs at 120fps even with this card. I guess all it needs is a good CPU, or it's just optimized well.

It's also a great feeling going from 20 fps to 120.

cripterion

Wanna get into this but the download is taking forever 28% in like 5 hours. What type of shitty client/downloaded do they have?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
same i even reformatted my hdd recently and had to reinstall it only took about 30 minutes to dl on another note looks like there will be a xbal skin soon people are guessing that itll be world cup related so thats neat they also said amc getting a skin soon and bart made a odd cthulhu post and im hyped as shit to get any kind of cthulhu skin
https://twitter.com/HiRezBart/status/461896101030023168

cripterion

Strange I downloaded it in less than an hour. Check your firewalls?

Yeah I checked, everything's working fine here I don't know what's up. Am at 30% now lol
It's just 4GB or so should be blazing fast.

I hope it's just the initial download and it won't take ages to patch everytime.

Edit : I guess it's their patcher, it now tells me Internet is up on my machine but there is a connectivity problem to the patcher

Today's Smite lesson: Don't let your enemy's mastery intimidate you.

Went up against a Legendary Hades, figured he must be pretty good. He built pure mage and hit like a truck, but he was so squishy that we blew him up the second he jumped into the fray. After the match I checked his history to see if he was just messing around... but nope, he used that exact same build all the time and almost never did well. He just played so much that he eventually reached mastery level 10.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yup don't let the gold/teal and gold/black scare you. I've blown up plenty of people using those skins while just ranking up new heroes.

Ok not gold/black I havent gotten to play any of them as Im still like level 15

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
god that map looks so hot cant wait to play it also saw that bart was level 50 so looks like they might be upping the level cap this patch well find out tomorrow during patch notes

cripterion

Well I finally manage to get in installed today, played the tutorial, arena and an assault game with some people, it was great fun, I can see myself playing this a lot! Only thing that sucks is being new you don't know what the other heroes are capable of and no clue about the items too.

Goddamn pc has so many great games to play and it's funny I used to be a MOBA hater haha.

Well I finally manage to get in installed today, played the tutorial, arena and an assault game with some people, it was great fun, I can see myself playing this a lot! Only thing that sucks is being new you don't know what the other heroes are capable of and no clue about the items too.

Goddamn pc has so many great games to play and it's funny I used to be a MOBA hater haha.

There are both a recommend items tab and popular items tab in the shop, use it. With the popular you can do it very decently without having to wonder if you are doing it right.

Now, to know other heroes, you have to play play play. Only way.

Only thing that sucks is being new you don't know what the other heroes are capable of and no clue about the items too.

I know that this might seem a little bit lame, but I'm just a super casual player and it really did help me to just take a hour one night to take a quick peek through all the Gods on a site like this.

http://smite.gamepedia.com/Smite_Wiki

I'm just picking up the items and stuff as I go along. But having at least an idea of the basic abilities and particularly the ultimates of the God roster was really helpful.

Does anyone know if this game is better than HotS or LoL??

(I hate Dota2)

They're a little too different to say that objectively. Personally, as someone who couldn't get in to DOTA or LoL because I don't like the point and click control scheme, I prefer Smite. But I could see someone just as easily preferring one of the others. It's pretty subjective.

No he def seems too strong LOL

Seems normal to me, except the damage of the ult. But even then, it depends of how tough or how squishy he is and how hard are the abilities to hit.

People also said that Khumbakharna was too strong, but he is a normal tank.
edit: He has less health than Bastet or Neith! But he is fast.

Top Bottom