• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Longest distance you have driven by car?

Raiden

Banned
We're about to come home from a 1724 km (about 1000 miles i think) trip to Croatia and yeah i think i reached my personal limit by now.

Edit: Might mention if you did it in one trek or over s everal day/nights.

Ours is in one go, i drove the first 700km, she another 300 etc ..

Poppy

i drove from vermont to oregon over the course of 4 days total

i did stop for a bit to visit some people in the middle though

so thats about 3k miles

the farthest single trip was denver, co to eugene, or which was 1250 miles but i did stop in boise to drink and pass out for two hours

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
San Diego to Yellowstone in Wyoming and back. I think I was driving every single mile of it.

Sunster

I'm 23 and still at the beginning of my driving career. Longest I've driven is Chapel Hill, NC to St. Petersburg, FL in a Penske moving truck. So, 700 miles.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ive driven from the netherlands to hungary austria and slovenia on seprate vacations. i think longest of those is round 1400ish? a mate forgot his bag at a gas station on the way back and that tacked on 300km. good times!

Drove from Bath, Me to Gainesville, Fl which is over 1,300 miles in less than 24 hours, stopped for fuel on the way, then did the reverse a week later.

Where I did the driving? North Brunswick NJ to Charlotte NC = 587 Miles

Where I was in the car but not driving? Sayreville NJ to Orlando FL = 1051 Miles

Xe4

Banned
I took part in a road trip when I was much younger that started in NM, went up through Wyoming, through the great lakes area, up into Canada, through Canada, back down through Maine, New Jersey, DC, through Virgiinia, Kentucky, Arkansas, Texas (dear god never spend the night in Texarkana), and back to NM.

It was pretty long, but I didn't drive at all (I was in the 3rd grade).

The longest trip I ever took part in driving was from NJ to NM when I was in high school.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
1100 miles in about 18 hours. Hersey, PA to Tulsa, OK for a touring job I had. Only stopped for gas and food.

Syf

Banned
Victoria to San Diego and back up through Vegas & Salt Lake City.. According to Google the total trip was about 5800 km. I drove the whole way and didn't have cruise control or AC, lol.

Edit: This was several days of course. The longest single day was Salt Lake City to Alberta, about 1200 km.

I used to drive straight from Detroit to Orlando once a year (1200 miles)

Absolute longest was Detroit to Las Vegas (2000 miles)

I do loops for work through the midwest every couple of weeks that tally up around a thousand miles or so.

Chicago to LA and back was probably the longest overall trip I've done. There were two overnights in LA built in there though.

Couleurs

I do pretty long road trips every summer. So far my longest was a little over 5,000 mi (~8,000 km) in 2013:

0jNT2kZ.png

The original plan was IL->Denver->Portland->Seattle->Minneapolis->Back to IL, but at the end I had to scrap the Minneapolis portion due to time.

Longest distance in a single day is about 900 miles (~1,500 km) from St Louis to Cheyenne, WY.

kubev

I drove from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Pacifica, California. That's a little over 2,800 miles. It should be noted that I made a huge detour to Minnesota to visit my brother, though. That drive was done over the course of five days.

Dishwalla

Banned
Norfolk Virginia to Boise Idaho, about 2500 miles. Drove back about a month later. Will be doing the drive again in a couple months.

I did Seattle to San Francisco in a day. Apart from a few pit stops it was about 15 hours each way.

Also, fuck having to get some backwater dude having to pump gas in Oregon.

Earlier this year did Cambridge to Cardiff and back again in the same day so that was 4 hours each way

jfkgoblue

I used to drive from Michigan to Charleston South Carolina by myself straight through and it took 11 hours or so. That's 807 miles.

Later I did Michigan to Virginia Beach straight through in like 10 hours, again, alone. 710 miles.(I made this drive so many times that I didn't even have to open google once during the entire drive, and you off the freeway in Maryland on that drive)

Eyeron

Boston to Albuquerque. That stretch of Ohio to Indiana to Illinois to Missouri was rough. The scenery did not change for hundreds of miles. Had to pull over at rest stops a few times for 3-4 hour naps.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
I rather like long car rides alone; I don't have to hear about passengers getting bored

Nekofrog

Banned
California to Maryland to Florida to Indiana back to California while stopping everywhere in between with my wife and doggo. Doggo loved the trip more than anything she's ever done in her life with all the wildlife and nature she got to explore. Seeing a snow dogs reaction to snow for the first time is awesome.

inner-G

Banned
From IL to the Seattle area over a few days (~2100 miles)

Also did IL to Vegas in like 2 days but that wasn't as bad because there were no mountains. (Also didn't have my dogs along that time)

noquarter

Moving, over a couple week period was about 5,000 miles, from Monterey, CA -> Portland, OR -> Los Angeles, CA -> Phoenix, AZ -> Colorado Springs, CO -> Lubbock, TX -> McAllen, TX -> New Orleans -> Baltimore, M.D..

Road Trip over 12 days was everything up to McAllen, then back Monterey. Sucked.

Distance in one day was Springs to Monterey, which is about 1350 miles, I think. Ended up power napping on the on ramps when I was tired, and there was a stretch where I pulled over about every 15 miles to try to sleep for a few more minutes. Think it took about 26 hours.

All of those are myself as the only driver.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
In a single day.

Chicago Subs to Chicago to Des Monies back to Chicago.

So about 800miles total in a day. It was about 14 hours of driving.

I only smoke cigs when I drive and had to go through about 5 or 6 that trip.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Maine to Seattle. And back.
3188 miles
Or
5130 kilometers

On the way back I stopped once in Montana and then drove straight from Montana to Maine so I wouldn't miss a flight. Ended up being about 40 hours straight of driving, not counting time to stop and fill up.

Top Bottom