• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft teases for E3 with countdown: "And it's on..."

Karak

It feels like you're saying they are going to announce soon. And knowing MS they won't want to wait too long to release after that....

Please be true (I don't think it is).

I am saying...MS isn't alone in bed this time and there is more to crow about:) As I said in the other thread in the past couple days. This is the beginning of the "ballz out" mentality I posted being informed of 3-4 weeks ago and when I said that we would be seeing "partners" begin leaking and stating specific things. Like the AMD stuff a couple weeks ago and todays 2 announcements(or hints of things to come). Both of which the person I talk to has been right on about day and date as well as the AMD slide and hardware specifics(which will leak sooner rather than later)

Sponge

Banned
I'd be more hyped if Rare wasn't restructured at the end of the generation.

Next gen Viva Pinata would be stunning, more so than it already is.

Good luck competing Durango against the bajillion of devices that consumers have.

Going to have the same exact problems as Nintendo and Sony, unless there's something truly revolutionary.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I like xbox, i herd xbox is gonna have good game like halo , and and kinect1 and forza

Karak

Who's honestly left that would give hope for Triple A titles? Rare's not the same company it once was.

We're better off hoping Microsoft outsources some of Rare's old IPs.

I do love Forza Horizon. It would be really strange if something like that were to happen...to some other games and overall IP's? Wouldn't it?

I am saying...MS isn't alone in bed this time and there is more to crow about:) As I said in the other thread in the past couple days. This is the beginning of the "ballz out" mentality I posted being informed of 3-4 weeks ago and when I said that we would be seeing "partners" begin leaking and stating specific things. Like the AMD stuff a couple weeks ago and todays 2 announcements(or hints of things to come). Both of which the person I talk to has been right on about day and date as well as the AMD slide and hardware specifics(which will leak sooner rather than later)

Thank you.

I've decided to interpret your post to mean the are launching in 2 months. I'm pretty sure IGN is typing this as news up as we speak.

And yes, I'm joking. (except for the thank you)

Sponge

Banned
What's the last game Rare shitted out? Wonder what their up to.

Kinect Sports 2, anybody who mattered there left after Banjo Nuts & Bolts tanked.

I do love Forza Horizon. It would be really strange if something like that were to happen...to some other games and overall IP's? Wouldn't it?

If Microsoft could build a studio from the ground up to keep Halo alive, they could do something similar for Perfect Dark. Hell, the new Mortal Kombat team would be great for Killer Instinct imo.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Cool countdown, but I'm expecting to know all of the details at least a three full months before then seeing as how Microsoft HQ leaks like a sieve.

xckhapkjkl.gif

Karak

Thank you.

I've decided to interpret your post to mean the are launching in 2 months. I'm pretty sure IGN is typing this as news up as we speak.

And yes, I'm joking. (except for the thank you)

:) No probs. I may post the other tidbit in the other thread tomorrow. Depending on my timeframe.

IGN:) As we said elsewhere. The bad rumor dumping ground with purpose.

If Microsoft could build a studio from the ground up to keep Halo alive, they could do something similar for Perfect Dark. Hell, the new Mortal Kombat team would be great for Killer Instinct imo.
With purpose. As I said in the other thread. Surprises abound in the next couple months that I don't think anyone will be unhappy with.

Sean

Banned

Microsoft hasn't really shown much love for those franchises, I doubt they would care enough to form a brand new studio.

They even canned the PD sequel that was in development at Rare back in like 07 or 08.

Sponge

Banned
More like slightly above average at best. These games are nothing compared to the Rare of old.

Secondly, Rare has basically been gutted, lots of staff has left, and Microsoft re-purposed them as a Kinect studio.

Yep, there's no real hope for anything amazing from Rare this upcoming gen.

Which is a shame really...I had picked up my 360 after finding out most of Rare's Xbox titles had shifted development to it (Kameo, Perfect Dark), seeing the Banjo-Threeie trailer, and having hopes for some more Oddworld games after enjoying Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath.

This gen pretty much ended with me loving Viva Pinata and having a love hate relationship with Nuts & Bolts, not really a good justification on why I bought a 360.

I'm gonna hold out on Durango since I don't think it's gonna be a console that appeals to me, (which shouldn't be that hard, I like Nintendo and PC. They have a PLETHORA of old Nintendo IPs and make PCs, it's insane). I just have a gut feeling it's just gonna end up more of, well Gordon said it best.

Can't wait to see this AAAA title Microsoft supposedly has in development...
another shooter :(

Microsoft hasn't really shown much love for those franchises, I doubt they would care enough to form a brand new studio.

They even canned the PD sequel that was in development at Rare back in like 07 or 08.

Precisely, which is a bummer for me :/

RkOwnage

I want to be excited for this, but something tells me Microsoft could end up disappointing everyone. Also, how likely is it the system will be announced at E3 and then release this holiday season? That's a short turnaround time to market the system and what not. I will definitely buy this immediately upon release, where PS4 I won't buy immediately unless it's launch lineup is insane.

Karak

I want to be excited for this, but something tells me Microsoft could end up disappointing everyone. Also, how likely is it the system will be announced at E3 and then release this holiday season? That's a short turnaround time to market the system and what not. I will definitely buy this immediately upon release, where PS4 I won't buy immediately unless it's launch lineup is insane.

Normal turn around for MS.

Am I gonna eat my words?

Because please, I really want to now ;o;
Your words may require a bit of...re-jiggering.

I will basically breakdown what has already been said in the other thread. The person I talked too, recently, who has now been spot on with everything the past 4-6 weeks, and before that as well, down to the day and date of each announcement, stated clearly that MS's goal is to return to the release style of the epic year everyone remembers as the core gamers year. At least sticking with that mentality for 2-3 years internally(core IP studios and sub studios), backed up by the new studios they opened recently, and as far back as 1.3 years ago. Additionally their goal, bar none, is to dominate the living room in every way, despite any obstacle whatsoever as this is the last true gen where the living room can be won for all groups, starting with core gamers. You can see the other thread for some of the other stuff I posted about, the day before the announcements, including today's as well as the rumors about the hardware in the new system. It is honestly a take no prisoners do anything attitude to take the space starting with gamers but also incorporating other parties.

Take that with whatever you wish. By looking at the days and dates of posts you can see what has been said, more importantly when.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
:) No probs. I may post the other tidbit in the other thread tomorrow. Depending on my timeframe.

IGN:) As we said elsewhere. The bad rumor dumping ground with purpose.

With purpose. As I said in the other thread. Surprises abound in the next couple months that I don't think anyone will be unhappy with.

Other thread?

you'll get bits and pieces of examples of things running on the console before the console is announced, then a marketing blitz when it is.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
At launch window, I expect MS to have:

Project Gotham Racing
Call of Duty
Crytek Game
Rare Platformer
New 1st party IP Shooter
Bungie's Destiny
Madden
Fifa
Ass Creed
DOA or another Fighting Game

No Kinect. Kinect 2.0 will be an add-on for 2014 or later and have its own launch.

So does this mean that its only going to be announced AT E3, and not prior?

Probably wont get the next Xbox, but Im excited to see where next gen leads (even though I havent been playing games much). I dont think we can 100% count on Sony to launch this year, but MS seems like a sure bet.

Sponge

Banned
Take that with whatever you wish. By looking at the days and dates of posts you can see what has been said, more importantly when.

All I hope is that Microsoft hasn't forgotten about Rare, and does some things besides Kinect with them, and they'll have my purchase.

Normal turn around for MS.

Your words may require a bit of...re-jiggering.

I will basically breakdown what has already been said in the other thread. The person I talked too, recently, who has now been spot on with everything the past 4-6 weeks, and before that as well, down to the day and date of each announcement, stated clearly that MS's goal is to return to the release style of the epic year everyone remembers as the core gamers year. At least sticking with that mentality for 2-3 years internally(core IP studios and sub studios), backed up by the new studios they opened recently, and as far back as 1.3 years ago. Additionally their goal, bar none, is to dominate the living room in every way, despite any obstacle whatsoever as this is the last true gen where the living room can be won for all groups, starting with core gamers. You can see the other thread for some of the other stuff I posted about, the day before the announcements, including today's as well as the rumors about the hardware in the new system. It is honestly a take no prisoners do anything attitude to take the space starting with gamers but also incorporating other parties.

What epic year of core games?

Microsoft has been relying on one big fall title every single year, and basically letting CoD and co. do the rest.

Karak

All I hope is that Microsoft hasn't forgotten about Rare, and does some things besides Kinect with them, and they'll have my purchase.
:)

But change your thinking about Kinectn OR Kinectplace, or Kinecthome, or what have you. There is a whole new bird there...flying around.

What epic year of core games?

Microsoft has been relying on one big fall title every single year, and basically letting CoD and co. do the rest.

Kim's release year.(I think his name was Kim) but bigger and baring delays and weirdness with partners, moreso.

you'll get bits and pieces of examples of things running on the console before the console is announced, then a marketing blitz when it is.
Viral as well.

Maybe because alot of those other core titles were moved to next gen.
3 at least but I was talking about the Kim era. Which, at least in many gamers minds, was a very good year for MS. Though others may differ in their remembrance.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
This isn't the hype train. This is getting the hype train's raw materials shipped in from the mines and beginning to finally melt and shape the chassis.

Fredrik

Now, with WiiU launched I can honestly wait another year for new consoles...

That said, I'd love it if MS did an Apple and launched it a week after E3 or even AT E3, last words after an awesome trailer reel: "One more thing... It's available today." :D

Top Bottom