• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm guessing the plan to balance midrange shaman is to wait for Priest MSG buffs ?

bjaelke

gxiDVv5.png

They got the name wrong. Should be "Smuggler's Run"

Pooya

If you stack all of these buffs you might have something, it's a lot now.

I think this one should be good for dragon paladin that I talked about, better than the 2 drop, you don't have a turn 1 anyway.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I hereby declare this gimmicky Paladin deck to be called "Snowball Paladin".

these dragon decks have absolutely no way to actually kill the opponent they're so frustrating to play with. like once you have a lead you cant do anything with it.

I'm kind of tempted to agree after going 0-3 in Casual today trying to finish a quest.

First game, Murloc Paladin, keep board control, lose board to the luckiest back-to-back Avenging Wraths ever, Entomb Rag and Tirion, lose to Anyfin.

Second game, Murloc Shaman (???), play both Holy Novas, but get bad draws and lose to Bloodlust.

Third game, Freeze Mage, retain board and full hand even with him pinging his own Acolyte, lose to Alex+Ice Block+Torch+Torch+Fireball.

This direction makes no sense for paladins, it has anti synergy with go wide cards they just printed with OG, it doesn't synergise at all with the Hero Power.

So far I loathe this expansions.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You could buff up Soggath and other cards like that with these Grimey Goon hand buff cards. That might be pretty good.

Awesome art.

But I'm not feeling the buffing theme of these cards. I want more interesting interactions.

Yeah, it's just another way to curve autopilot in the game. The only interesting interaction I've seen is the weapon buff card and the Hunter card that deals damage when you play it.

Pooya

I think the effect is stronger than it might seem. I really like to experiment with these. Love me some midrange or zoo like paladin deck.

Dahbomb

Yeah this new Paladin archetype is like a reverse curve stone.

You start out weak but you start ramping out like crazy with a curve. It rewards you even more for curving out. That 1 mana card is a big deal because skipping turn one doesn't seem as bad as skipping turn 2.

This is still going to lose to Zoo and Midrange Shaman though because Zoo is going to always be ahead even when you reach that critical mass and start putting down buffed minions.

Yeah this new Paladin archetype is like a reverse curve stone.

You start out weak but you start ramping out like crazy with a curve. It rewards you even more for curving out. That 1 mana card is a big deal because skipping turn one doesn't seem as bad as skipping turn 2.

This is still going to lose to Zoo and Midrange Shaman though because Zoo is going to always be ahead even when you reach that critical mass and start putting down buffed minions.

But imagine the Tirion you got in your opening hand that you kept buffing from turn 1, and it drops as a 12/12 or something ridiculous like that.

Or the C'Thun.

Illegal Import seems solid for what Blizzard is trying to push but, man, apparently this is the only thing they're trying to push for Paladin. If it falls flat then this expansion is going to end up being a 100% bust for the class and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Turn one: +1/+1 to all
Turn two: 2/2 minion +1/+1 to all
Turn three: 4/6 minion +1/+1 to random minion
Turn five: 7/7 minion +1/+1 to random minion at the end of turn

Snowball paladin indeed.

Dahbomb

But imagine the Tirion you got in your opening hand that you kept buffing from turn 1, and it drops as a 12/12 or something ridiculous like that.

Or the C'Thun.
Neither of those are that relevant. Paladin doesn't have great Cthun synergy cards, you just might as well run Cthun Warrior instead. I guess this makes Cthun more viable but you can't always count on having Cthun in hand to get it buffed by these cards, you still need the Cthun cards and those don't synergize with these new buff in hand cards.

A big Tirion doesn't matter that much, game is going to get decided if they have removal against Tirion or not. Against Shaman you will still get Tirion Hexed or Entomb/Death against Priest.

The buffs are far more applicable to weenie divine shield or deathrattle minions. A very mild example is like a Runic Egg. You buff it 2-3 times it becomes a 2/4-3/5 draw a card on death for 1 mana. That's too small to waste removal on but big enough that you have to deal with and even if you do they still come ahead because of the draw. Put it on like that new Paladin Legendary, Silent Knight, Argent Squires etc... it starts to form a very annoying archetype. You don't want to be in a position where you are forced to waste Hex on a 4/4 Divine Shield minion that actually costed 1 mana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom