• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Aiii

So not worth it
As noted, WWE's website has confirmed that a new Japanese Superstar will be signed in the ring at the July 12th live event in Osaka, Japan. This is expected to be KENTA's signing. Raj Giri of WrestlingINC points out that WWE's Japanese website has spoiled the signing with the filename of their announcement graphic - kenta-teaser-image.jpg.

You had one job WWE Japan guy!

NEW PAIGE (for those on less ppp due to mobile devices)!
tumblr_n810kqsXpF1tpdi04o4_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rusev might as well feud with Big Show after Jack Swagger's done with him. He's gonna need to rebuild credibility, and beating the Big Show might restore it.

I don't know if Rusev will be able to walk, let alone wrestle, when he's done receiving his All-American Ass Whippin'.

And someone saying that Cesaro would have gotten the same if not better reaction. I don't think so. Jack is the American grown and raised guy with the college athlete history, and it was kind of a surprise. It was a surprise where you went, 'oh yeah that could work!' which is the best kind. And it also proves that patriotism pandering can still work when you do it right. I just hope they don't change much about Swagger or Zeb. Just kind of have them ignore the negative things they said in the past for a while.

I don't know if Rusev will be able to walk, let alone wrestle, when he's done receiving his All-American Ass Whippin'.

And someone saying that Cesaro would have gotten the same if not better reaction. I don't think so. Jack is the American grown and raised guy with the college athlete history, and it was kind of a surprise. It was a surprise where you went, 'oh yeah that could work!' which is the best kind. And it also proves that patriotism pandering can still work when you do it right. I just hope they don't change much about Swagger or Zeb. Just kind of have them ignore the negative things they said in the past for a while.

Nothing screams patriotism like a real American going up against a fake Russian, managing somebody who is not from Russia.

Aiii

So not worth it
And it was a great segment too. Great promo's by both manager, good intensity and the first time Rusev backed down. Good stuff.

It's a tv show.

So why doesn't Cesaro work? He isn't doing anything, he is a much more interesting wrestler and they could say he is also a 6 time USA olympic wrestler, they just forgot until now.

Makes more sense than the Paige arc we just went through.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So why doesn't Cesaro work? He isn't doing anything, he is a much more interesting wrestler and they could say he is also a 6 time USA olympic wrestler, they just forgot until now.

Makes more sense than the Paige arc we just went through.

Because he isn't Jack Swagger. He's gotten more of a push recently(Cesaro) in a different direction, and this comes as a better surprise because Jack Swagger's whole WWE existence has been that he's the all-american. And he's always been a bad guy. This works because it's like in movies when the bad guy joins the good guys because the other bad guys are doing something that pisses him off. It's a natural progression of the arc.

There's nothing about Cesaro that would be a natural feud with Rusev. It's fresher.

Edit: Please, for the love of God, give Swagger back the powerbomb as his finisher instead of the ankle lock though. It's such a better finisher.

Browny

Banned
This is beautiful, Zord:

image.php

Finally Swagger got the push,Miz should have stayed out.

If Jericho is feuding with Bray, then that leaves Miz to complain. It's the beginning of the "under-utilised" stable with Ziggler and Ryder!

Ziggler's work in the ladder match looked really good. The spot with Swagger and the ankle-lock could have been a great finish (if they were looking to push him rather than Ambrose and Rollins).

If Jericho is feuding with Bray, then that leaves Miz to complain. It's the beginning of the "under-utilised" stable with Ziggler and Ryder!

Ziggler's work in the ladder match looked really good. The spot with Swagger and the ankle-lock could have been a great finish (if they were looking to push him rather than Ambrose and Rollins).
Ziggler is busy being a side character in a Summer Rae/Fandango feud, and Ryder is busy being a Rosebud.

Sheamus, however, is very free.

Because he isn't Jack Swagger. He's gotten more of a push recently(Cesaro) in a different direction, and this comes as a better surprise because Jack Swagger's whole WWE existence has been that he's the all-american. And he's always been a bad guy. This works because it's like in movies when the bad guy joins the good guys because the other bad guys are doing something that pisses him off. It's a natural progression of the arc.

There's nothing about Cesaro that would be a natural feud with Rusev. It's fresher.

Well fair enough. But the other option is to cut to the chase and have Cena do it. If he is going up against Brock, he'll need something to kill time until the PPV matches.

Browny

Banned
Ziggler is busy being a side character in a Summer Rae/Fandango feud, and Ryder is busy being a Rosebud.

Sheamus, however, is very free.

Memory like a sieve...

How on earth could they shoehorn Sheamus and MIz together? Actually, I don't want to think about it. I'd rather have ShowMiz reunite.

Really.

Aiii

So not worth it
No sentence can ever start with "I'd rather" and then continue on to include Big Show.

AJ won the belt back eh? I hope they let those two women have a proper feud with the good matches we know they can have.

Man, I can't believe that John Cena really is the cover guy on WWE 2K5, but then you stop and think about it and... well... who else would it be.

Browny

Banned
Sorry!

*stalks posting history*

9lbs? Nice work!

cenasalute.gif

---------------------------------

Nasty about Cesaro's eye... hopefully it doesn't turn into something worse. But at least the WWE eyepatch can make a welcome return, after being dumped by Naomi...

I don't see why people want Cesaro vs Russev, Jack's taking that role because it makes more sense and it won't matter when he's depushed down to Santino level after the inevitable loss. I actually think Cesaro went in the most positive direction since the Heyman adoption last night, sure he lost during a break but it led to a savage beat-down which was far more impactful than a win against Kofi would have been. If they want him to be a heel him flat out mercing wrestlers who get the better of him because he's stronger/faster than any of the mid card is the way to go. On top of that if he asserts his dominance over the next few months and stays loyal to Heyman it sets him up as the x-factor in Brock's next match where Cena will have to overcome the two people who constantly beat the shit out of everyone.

Devitt's entrance from PROGRESS this past Sunday;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsHGNhhKyRE

The DVD will be available to pre-order at 10pm GMT. Also, in case you missed it, watch this - it's FREE;

PROGRESS, "Chapter 13: Unbelievable Jeff", 2014.05.18
The Electric Ballroom, Camden
700 Fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2coTptmlM

01. Rampage Brown vs 'Dazzling' Darrell Allen
02. Natural Progression Series - Quarter-Final: Pete Dunne vs Robbie X
03. 'The Pride of Wales' Eddie Dennis vs 'No Gimmicks Needed' Michael Gilbert
04. Tag Title no.1 Contendership Elimination Match: The London Riots (James Davis & Rob Lynch) vs Screw Indy Wrestling (Mark Haskins & Sha Samuels) vs Project Ego (Kris Travis & Martin Kirby) vs The Swords of Essex (Will Ospreay & Paul Robinson)
05. 'The Anti-Hero' Tommy End vs El Ligero
06. Prince Devitt vs Zack Sabre Jr.
07. PROGRESS Championship Ladder Match: Jimmy Havoc (c) vs 'White Lightning' Mark Andrews

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good OT, I'm glad we kept a taste of Zandig.

Boy Dean Ambrose hit the lottery with his booking lately huh? Good stuff. Gives me hope.

Aiii

So not worth it
When was the last time there was a good divas match?

All this year:
Main Event January 8th: AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn.
Main Event March 11th: AJ Lee vs. Natalya. (best of this bunch)
NXT Arrival: Paige vs. Emma
NXT Takeover: Natalya vs. Charlotte

Pretty sure we're gonna get a good Paige vs. AJ match out of this at Payback or SummerSlam. Clearly this match was done this way to do the double turn. Not really a problem in my book, as long as it's followed up by a program. We'll see.

Sephzilla

So what do you think the odds are that Cesaro is the first guy eliminated during the IC Title Battle Royal and Heyman ditches Cesaro as a result? I bet that happens and Vince giggles in delight as he resets the entire WWE status quo back to pre Elimination Chamber and pretends WM30 didnt' happen.

Aiii

So not worth it
So what do you think the odds are that Cesaro is the first guy eliminated during the IC Title Battle Royal and Heyman ditches Cesaro as a result? I bet that happens and Vince giggles in delight as he resets the entire WWE status quo back to pre Elimination Chamber and pretends WM30 didnt' happen.

Just for the record: We're blaming Vince for injuries too?

Sephzilla

Just for the record: We're blaming Vince for injuries too?

No, we're blaming Vince for

1) Cena being champ in 2014
2) Paige not being allowed to wrestle
3) The weak ass Shield breakup that made no sense
4) Cesaro's anti push
5) Sandow jobbing
6) Cameron having an angle
7) Kane in 2014
8) Khali in 2014
9) Bryan getting put in the Chris Benoit championship plot redux
10) Bray not going over Cena and dragging that angle on for too long

But yes, lets pretend that we're just blaming Vince for injuries.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People been blaming Vince for everything.

Fuck all yall. It ain't Vince!

Aiii

So not worth it
So here's the deal. Raw yesterday was amazing. Might have been the best Raw of the year, or if not, only second to the Raw after Mania.

But hey, lets complain about shit instead. Make your lists, get pissed off again.

Striker

Did this get posted? Bray Wyatt vs Raven Fantasy match-up

Glad they're doing these again since we're not getting another All-Stars.
Too little material on Raven. For shame!

Swagger and Rusev will be interesting. Far more than Big E's involvement has been storyline wise. More curious who Rusev faces off against at SummerSlam; could be a match with Swagger if booked right. Big Show? Meh.

Only saw the clip of Miz/Jericho, but Miz is still awful. Go away.

Top Bottom