• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim E3 Information Recap Thread [Update: Romances~~~~]

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
herzogzwei1989 said:
Please let there be a Cafe version running at 60fps with no draw-in, I will buy it day one!

sounds likely

Anyways, I look forward to seeing what the PC version looks like when it comes out this November. Console footage was impressive, considering how old the hardware is.

bengraven

So there are only three MAIN factions he said.

Mages
Thieves
Warriors

we know the DB is in. Is that our own "SECONDARY" faction?

And if so, how long is it going to be? But really are there more?

Disappointing if true.

Looked good. Combat still looks a little too much like Oblivion for my taste, but the simulated dragons are probably one of the more impressive things I've seen in a long time.

Atruvius

Animations look so good now. That open wide area with giants and mammoths looked amazing. Really reminded of Rohan's area from LotR.

While obviously skyrim is a huge thing, does anybody else feel like Fallout 4 is going to be nuts, specifically just from what we've seen of skyrim? Obviously they'll use the same engine. I hope they put that much into 4 as they have with skyrim.

dwebo

Lack of animations for that enemy being on fire and then falling from the dragon was a bit janky, but otherwise, looked great!

Snuggler said:
sounds likely

Anyways, I look forward to seeing what the PC version looks like when it comes out this November. Console footage was impressive, considering how old the hardware is.

Yeah I shouldn't be so hard on the Xbox 360, it's 2004 techology released in 2005.

Dennis

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Poor Dennis just got raped with a broomstick.

Skyrim looks fan-fucking-tastic. Absolutely incredible in motion.

GOTY without even trying.
Comments like this are weird to me. Because they imply that I have some kind of interest in the game looking bad.

On the contrary, I have only one interest: that the game looks as good as possible on all platforms.

This is one of my all-time most anticipated games and the better it looks the happier I will be.

This new footage looked stunning for 360 given the scope.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
DennisK4 said:
I recorded all of the footage and will be putting it on YouTube but it will take a while.

You serious? Fucking rad man.

GreekWolf

DennisK4 said:
Comments like this are weird to me. Because they imply that I have some kind of interest in the game looking bad.

On the contrary, I have only one interest: that the game looks as good as possible on all platforms.

This is one of my all-time most anticipated games and the better it looks the happier I will be.

This new footage looked stunning for 360 given the scope.
You're right, just got caught up in the moment (and glorious footage).

In all honesty, I'm actually on your side, as I'll probably be building a monster rig this fall to run Skyrim. It would be in my best interest to have the best possible product for the PC.

Clevinger

RoninChaos said:
While obviously skyrim is a huge thing, does anybody else feel like Fallout 4 is going to be nuts, specifically just from what we've seen of skyrim? Obviously they'll use the same engine. I hope they put that much into 4 as they have with skyrim.

Fallout 4 will probably be on next gen consoles, so I imagine it'll be an even bigger leap than Oblivion to Skyrim.

Exuro

narcosis219 said:
Argh, is this gonna be on GFW? I would kill for Steam
Why wouldn't it use Steam? Bethesda has been using Steamworks DRM for their latest games. I would be surprised if Skyrim doesn't use Steam for DRM.

LastWindow said:
Bethesda has been releasing all of their games on Steamworks lately, haven't they?

Steamworks would be great. Retail sales early on (which will be superior to any Steam deal in the short run) and the benefit of Steam for the long run.

Rikyfree

Clevinger said:
Fallout 4 will probably be on next gen consoles, so I imagine it'll be an even bigger leap than Oblivion to Skyrim.
I can't wait for Skyrim, let alone FO4. Shit's gonna be BANANAS.

Salaadin

Exuro said:
Why wouldn't it use Steam? Bethesda has been using Steamworks DRM for their latest games. I would be surprised if Skyrim doesn't use Steam for DRM.

Do Bethesdas physical games even use Steamworks?
I was thinking of getting Skyrim physical copy and thatd just make it even better.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Oblivion + Monster Hunter = Skyrim. This game better not have recycled dungeon and temple designs like Oblivion. I want a modern ES game that at least resembles the originality and scale of Daggerfall. I would be satisfied if Skyrim was even 1/100 the size of Daggerfall. Probably not.

For reference.

The top one is the game map. The second is the highlighted red area in the top pic. Each one of those dots is a location you can fast travel in that province. You can select which to display and the lighter the dot the bigger the location. Each of the 40 provinces has a similar amount of locations to travel.
1fisuh.png

This is one of the lighter dot locations. There are literally hundreds of city's this size or bigger.
jslenr.png

I would literally maim someone for a modern remake of this game. I wouldn't even mind a small texture palette for environments if they manage to preserve the scope of the game. It is simply the largest game every created to my knowledge mmo or otherwise.

Top Bottom