• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Darksider's 3 gameplay: IGN First

Draerf

Did they say what gameplay model they were going for? Open world-ish loot like DS2 or more linear Zelda-like a la DS1?

xviper

the combat has improved over the reveal footage, but it's still look slow and very repetitive compared to the amazing combat of Darksiders 2

That looks really good. It's great that the series isn't dead. It looked like it was done and dusted for a while there.

Now that God of War is going in a different gameplay direction, this should fill that niche. Hopefully it does well and is marketed decently.

Pejo

And current God of War looks like Uncharted/Last of Us. So at least we're getting a God of War game.

Yep, my thoughts too. Still bummed about that over-the-shoulder gameplay.

Anyways, this looks better than the early combat vid I saw months ago, so that's always good. If anything needs some major improvement still, I'd say it's the camera.

sono

Gold Member
This video reminded me that I adore this very absorbing series so looking good so far!

Sentenza

Still hoping for this to resemble the first (a Zelda clone) far closer than the second (essentially a character action game with Diablo-like loot on top).

Artistically, the character design is clearly much better than the others but I've the feeling the gameplay is going to feel a bit stale.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I can't tell if the camera angle is too far up close or not. Lords of Shadow had that kind of angle. I enjoyed LoS1 quite a lot, but with this I can't tell. Maybe because I feel like the camera is attached at her heel.

Shifty

Definitely an improvement, they dialed up the shiny a bit this time round.

The combat seems interesting- the whip being long but slow looks like it makes for more deliberate combat.

Though it's a bit odd that the normal combo moves you forward with each hit. I know it should, since this is an action game, but there's something a little off about pressing up against an enemy and beating them to death with the handle of a weapon that has so much range on it.

sephiroth7x

Hope its as good as the first... and doesn't use as much as the second (Still enjoyed number 2).

Looks okay... will see closer to release.

DonF

WHAT! this looks great! I just remembered that ds2 was free from ps plus. I'll give that game a try. I played 1 on the x360 and...I just remember that it was like a zelda clone. Not much else. Oh and as many have mentioned, the WoW art.

Kagero

Does anyone know if Joe Mad is still designing the characters for this? The game is nothing without him. It's why I loved the other games.

Top Bottom