• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three in December - Backlogs for presents?

Andyliini

Do you nearly finish games, but then stop for no reason? Are there games you mean to play but don't get around to?

The challenge is to complete three (or more) games this month.

It doesn't matter how long or short the games are, or if you're near the end already. If it's unclear if something counts as a finished game, you should go with your own judgment. There aren't any hard rules.

Please post the games you hope to finish, but also share your successes, setbacks and impressions. :)

Helpful Sites
How Long to Beat to find out roughly how long a game takes to finish
The Backloggery to keep track of those games you'll never play.

Best of luck to everyone!

Credit for the OP and challenge goes to Aarglefarg, who originally ran this challenge. I shamelessly copypasted his OP, so if you are still around, I'm sorry.

Here are my games:

Shin Megami Tensei IV
I actually beat it just a while ago, so this one is one and done. Good game, also the first real SMT-game i played all the way through.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
I bought this for 3DS right when it launched last week, started it today. I remember getting through these games relatively quickly, so I should be able to beat this one in March.

Fire Emblem Warriors
I'm about halway through the game right not. The game is all right. but just doesn't grab me like Hyrule Warriors did back then. So I'm not going to invest 200 hours on this one, sadly. Should be easily done by end of December.

Falchion

I want to beat Dead Rising 4 for the holiday theme, Super Mario Odyssey, and a replay of Halo 5 this month.

SpiceRacz

I'm in. My games this month:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Been sitting on Horizon since release. GOTY discussions are coming up soon, so I want to get this one out of the way.

Deadly Premonition
I've seen a lot of comparisons to Twin Peaks and I fucking love that show. Can't wait to start this one.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Haven't touched this game in about 20 years. I'm dead-set on sitting down and giving this one a proper playthrough.

TheGamer

Here are the games I intend to complete this month:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - 3DS
Xenoblades Chronicles - 3DS
Need for Speed: Payback - PS4

bukowski81

Just started MGSV and have purchased Lost Legacy, Evil within 2 and wolfenstein 2. Not sure if i will be able to finish 3 of those this month, but maybe.

kunonabi

[PS4]Digimon Story: Cybersleuth - in progress
[PS4]I Am Setsuna - in progress
[PS4]Grand Kingdom - pending

This is the first year since I've bought my PS4 that I haven't actually gone nuts with year-end sales so I might be able to polish off most of my PS4 backlog. I haven't bought any games since October and I won't be buying anything else up until Style Savvy drops at the end of the month.

I do have a ton of movie watching to do since I want to get my top ten for the year ironed out and I bought a bunch of blu-rays to watch on my new tv out so that may slow things down a bit.

rexpro

Neo Member
i will have some sweet free time this december so i ll try 4:

Mario odyssey

Cuphead

Sonic Mania

Yooka Laylee

while still practicing Street Fighter :p

Vallen

Neo Member
My biggest goal right now is to finish my PS3 backlog (which is like 7-years old)! I really want to be done with it and move on to enjoying many current gen games. December goals:

Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (70% done)
Persona 4: Arena (30% done)
The Evil Within (haven't started)

Futaleufu

My candidates for this month are:

Red Faction Armageddon (about 80% done, maybe this weekend)
Wolfenstein 2009
Transistor
1954 Alcatraz
D
Sine Mora EX
Battle Fantasia Revised Edition
Blur, F1 2010 or RACE 07

Diablo and Transistor beaten already, need to beat two more the reach 36.

• Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (XBO)
  • Her Story (PC)
  • >observer_ (XBO)
  • Mad Max (XBO)
  • Transistor (PC)
  • Shadow Complex (360)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (360)

Wolfenstein 2 - Picked it up on a black friday deal and have yet to start it as I've been busy with other games

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Picked this up black friday as well, shouldn't take too long to beat

Horizon Zero Dawn - I've had it since launch, but I've been sitting on it for awhile now. With all the hype surrounding it as game of the year contender, it's time I finally get back to it.

Andyliini

Shin Megami Tensei IV
I actually beat it just a while ago, so this one is one and done. Good game, also the first real SMT-game i played all the way through.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
I bought this for 3DS right when it launched last week, started it today. I remember getting through these games relatively quickly, so I should be able to beat this one in March.

Fire Emblem Warriors
I'm about halway through the game right not. The game is all right. but just doesn't grab me like Hyrule Warriors did back then. So I'm not going to invest 200 hours on this one, sadly. Should be easily done by end of December.

Mid-month update, I just beat Apollo Justice, which means that I have now completed three games I wanted to. The games I'm playing now are quite lenghty, so I will not complete those games this year.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Ok

I will try and finish

*Wolf new order
*Back to the future e1
*And maybe zelda botw but I dont know if I will be able to do this nor do I want I want to make zelda last and savour it.

I will probably fail im terrible at completing games, i always get sidetracked by another game. Plus I game by mood, and sometimes im not in the mood to play certain games.

staen

Starcrawlers
I have no idea how long this game is but I don't think I'll have much trouble finishing it. Just completed the mission where you get the epic flamethrower.

Wasteland 2
Finished up Hollywood/Bastion. Not sure how far I am to the end but I feel it shouldn't be significantly more til end game?

Pillars of Eternity
The one I'm least likely to finish this month. I started a few months ago and stopped at the beginning of Act III and still have White March 2 content to do. Kinda regret starting the game on hard and not potd. Game started becoming too easy and I became bored but I want to finish this before Deadfire releases.

Oh jesus christ I am so stuck. My baby boy was born in October so I haven't had much time in the way of gaming. But since the beginning of this year I've developed such a back log it's unreal.

I still hadn't opened The Last Guardian from before Christmas. I hadn't opened Gravity Rush 2 from after Christmas. :/

I was 90% of the way through Ni-Oh, I'm on the last province on the original game with 2/3 DLC packs paid for.

But I really wanted to play Yakuza 0 so I shelved Ni-Oh temporarily so I could play it. Got way more into it than I wanted and ended up at the part where you open your own real estate company.

But then we had to move house for the baby and prepare, which killed me off.

I have Horizon Zero Dawn, which barely got any play time. Nier Automata. Digimon World Next Order. Yakuza Kiwami. Persona 5. Crash Bandicoot. That's just a snippet.

So much to play but virtually no time. :'(

marcincz

Beat RE7, yesterday. Good game, even very good, but I thought it would be better. Now, it's dlc time, next GR2.

NDS
Professor Layton and the Lost Future

PS4
Gravity Rush 2
Resident Evil 7
Yooka-Laylee

RAIDEN1

Brought Lost Legacy close to launch only finished it last week and got around to playing it proper few weeks back...another great entry by Naughty Dog!.....Started Mass Effect Andromeda slowly making my way through it, though I won't complete it before the holidays are out, also the fact that this the last entry we'll get for a while...

Amongst all that is Pro Evo....hope to win the Champions League in that with Bayern Munich.... : D

Futaleufu

Is this worth buying for 360?

Without the open world areas this game feels like an average 3rd person with fun explosions. It's ok, not great. Buy it cheap. The DLC barely lasts over an hour.

This month I managed to complete:

Wolfenstein (2009)
Recettear
D (Kenji Eno's game)
Red Faction Armageddon

I doubt I'll have enough time to complete Strider (2014)

marcincz

Finished dlc to RE7 - Not a Hero. 2h and credits. Quite good as dlc.

NDS
Professor Layton and the Lost Future

PS4
Gravity Rush 2
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 7 - Not a Hero dlc
Yooka-Laylee

bukowski81

Just started MGSV and have purchased Lost Legacy, Evil within 2 and wolfenstein 2. Not sure if i will be able to finish 3 of those this month, but maybe.

Well the month ended and i still havent finished MGSV, the game is too long cause im doing every side ops but its really good. Im about to finish it and start Lost Legacy.

Top Bottom