• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Beren

On Gamefaqs the user EgHeadFool posted the only 2 missables 1 enemy encounter and 1 bestiary entry but for completionists are a must have (i want it all right now! :3):

ill quote him:
"People keep asking this. There is no way to miss any trophies, or items, or ownable familiars for that matter. The only missable things are a few enemy encounters for bestiary purposes. In one case you'll only miss filling out the "location" section of the entry, because you can still evolve to it. In the other case, you will miss logging the enemies' entries entirely. Details are listed below, so obviously don't read them if you are worried about spoilers (I will keep it as generic as possible). If anyone knows other missables let me know, but I doubt it".

1)
Firefry is missable as an enemy encounter. He can ONLY be fought on the Road to Ruin, which is the little path behind Perdida which leads into Miasma Marsh. You can never go here again after clearing the marsh and the castle beyond. Fight him while you can. And try not to die :p

2) Bestiary entries 387-396 can be missed entirely.
They are all called "Wretch" and are different versions of the zombified villagers during the ashes event. Make sure to fight every version. These disappear as soon as you restore all three towns. Don't miss one by accident!
Source http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65256734

Majmun

Are you a hoarder by any chance? haha

Nope lol

I'm not greedy or a hoarder irl. But game items/currency have a different influence on me.
No matter how many times I die, I won't be using continue because it reduces 10% of my money!!!

Does anyone else find the slanted water surfaces in Ding Dong Dell strangely unsettling?

The one near the sewer? I noticed it too. Definitely strange...

Wizard Edition just arrived! Cannot wait to start playing.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

I'm near the beginning, I'm supposed to
go to the forest north of Ding Dong Bell, but the star is right near the entrance of the forest and I can't enter the building in the forest. Any ideas?

I hate you Cronos..

Did you order on 1/17?

Yes, I did, my confirmation email shows a Noon on the dot timestamp. Someone joking in the WE topic said maybe all the invoices are on a board and they throw darts as to which gets filled.

I have to say at this point it's a very valid theory.

Finally got my Wizard Edition earlier at noon time, so I can make the migration from the angry at digital river OT to the ni no kuni OT now.

About to pop it in and start playing.

Aeana

Yes, I did, my confirmation email shows a Noon on the dot timestamp. Someone joking in the WE topic said maybe all the invoices are on a board and they throw darts as to which gets filled.

I have to say at this point it's a very valid theory.

Considering I ordered on August 13th and mine hasn't even shipped yet, who knows what they're doing.

Aeana

Pretty sure its completely random, because I ordered mine pretty much right at the end of the initial NiNoStarter Campaign and received it today.

I don't really mind, as long as the one that's meant for me doesn't end up going to someone else and I end up without one.

I don't really mind, as long as the one that's meant for me doesn't end up going to someone else and I end up without one.

Considering how inept DR has been, and the fact that my copy came in a cardboard box with a giant label on the outside announcing to the world that it was the Ni No Kuni Wizards edition, I would say the biggest threat is someone nabbing it off of a doorstep or something.

Which of course could be mitigated if DR had any type of communication about when and how it would be arriving :l

Aeana

I've gotten pretty good luck with taming this time except for the one familiar I actually want. The little big horn dudes by the volcano, I want to get at least one (preferably two) of them, but it's not happening. (._. )

Derrick01

Banned
Not really sure if I like this combat system or not. I don't get the point of being able to run around if I can't dodge all attacks with my own skill. It seems to only work with normal melee moves because some monster charged and rammed me even though I was 7 feet away.

Either way I need to quickly get to the point where it gets deeper because trading melee blows is boring the hell out of me.

Aeana

Not really sure if I like this combat system or not. I don't get the point of being able to run around if I can't dodge all attacks with my own skill. It seems to only work with normal melee moves because some monster charged and rammed me even though I was 7 feet away.

Either way I need to quickly get to the point where it gets deeper because trading melee blows is boring the hell out of me.

Position matters in some fights, particularly bosses which frequently have frontal cone area attacks or weak points on their backs or things like that. For blocking special moves, you should be using defend.

Sorian

Banned

If they appear to be charging up (lights flashing around them) thats your que to defend. That is considered a "skill" and as such, isn't affected by where you are on the field.

breakfuss

lol, i'm not saying this assessment is wrong. but, dude, you don't like anything!!!!

Andrew.

Banned

Holy shit. The shocker of the day.

Just started the game, I'm very impressed thus far. The graphics are vivid, and the care that went into this title is very visible. Feels like a universe ripe for exploration.

Derrick01

Banned
Sucks about the skill stuff. I was hoping I could rely on my own skills but I guess I'll just defend.

Holy shit. The shocker of the day.

Well I'm in the very beginning where all you have is a stick. Please don't tell me you were having fun watching your character trade whacks with enemies?

i will say, running around the map, it seems fairly small and seeing all the enemies far away doesnt help.

playing w/o the star marker so far.... loving the game. - recommend that.

Andrew.

Banned
Well I'm in the very beginning where all you have is a stick. Please don't tell me you were having fun watching your character trade whacks with enemies?

That's not the way it's working for me. I run around the enemies, let them take their move, miss and then beat them. It isn't some battle of attrition for me and hell yes I'm having a blast Mr. Glass Half Empty All The Time =P

Ricker

Some people might also miss stuff like the guy in Ding Dong,
Hidden behind the Tombstone that seems like you will meet him in every town for something(forgot what now)
....I was lucky to find him.

So I went into a little forest area on the overworld of Ding Dong,and everyone in there warned me to not go and fight,I was too weak,several times so I backed out,still have the quest though,I was around level 10 hehe...did anyone try those? is it really hard?...also tempted to go back and open the 2 chests that where locked by magic in the first little area where the Tree guy is...probably will be garbage by now but still,bugs me that I didn't open those now that I can...

Leunam

So I went into a little forest area on the overworld of Ding Dong,and everyone in there warned me to not go and fight,I was too weak,several times so I backed out,still have the quest though,I was around level 10 hehe...did anyone try those? is it really hard?...also tempted to go back and open the 2 chests that where locked by magic in the first little area where the Tree guy is...probably will be garbage by now but still,bugs me that I didn't open those now that I can...

Not hard at all, they're especially easy to sneak up on to get first priority in battle.

owlbeak

As someone who traditionally doesn't care for JRPG's, but feels like I'm missing out on a lot of titles, would this be worth getting?

Sorian

Banned
As someone who traditionally doesn't care for JRPG's, but feels like I'm missing out on a lot of titles, would this be worth getting?

The game is extremely charming, I would say, however, that if you don't usually like JRPGs, that you won't like this one either. I would say to go try the demo but it really indicitive of the good qualities of the game.

jiggle

maybe it'll change later
but so far i'm not seeing much benefits from actually switching monsters in game
i know there's some strategy in there somewhere
but not seeing it yet

edit: hurts so much to see the dungeon level designs being SO Dark Cloud like :(

madhtr

I've gotten pretty good luck with taming this time except for the one familiar I actually want. The little big horn dudes by the volcano, I want to get at least one (preferably two) of them, but it's not happening. (._. )

I had trouble with the Green Buncher enemy for a quest.... I fought like 30 of them. Other than that, it's only taken a few battles with each.

In the volcano area, I kept accidentally killing the enemies first. :/

Audioboxer

Waiting on the EU release is painful :(

Out of interest I know there are sidequests in this game but is there any exploration towards finding such quests/familiars? Or is it a pretty linear experience? The world maps remind me of running around in FF7/FF8 finding stuff.

madhtr

Audίoboxer;46853175 said:
Waiting on the EU release is painful :(

Out of interest I know there are sidequests in this game but is there any exploration towards finding such quests/familiars? Or is it a pretty linear experience?

The world is pretty large, so there is some exploration. The hidden treasures on the world map are invisible, so good luck finding those. Different enemies can be found in different areas also, pushing you to explore more.

Durante

I probably haven't reached the points people were complaining about that, but 3 bosses in I really like the difficulty balance of the boss fights. I haven't done any grinding (and I don't plan to), and I beat each boss on the first try, but each of them did feel dangerous. As in, if I wasn't careful I could lose.

Top Bottom