• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt says Halo DS naysayers will be owned..... after E3.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
mattsaysyouwillbeownedaftere3maybep.jpg

i'm going to guess a dev interview saying "yeah we developed it to a point then cancelled it" after e3.

wow us naysayers sure got owned. :(

Stabby McSter said:
i'm going to guess a dev interview saying "yeah we developed it to a point then cancelled it" after e3.

Seriously. Is that getting OWNED? Not quite. Sure maybe it proves Matt was right but...Unless Microsoft and Nintendo announce and show Halo DS at E3, then no one is being owned. It's just proving a point.

Haunted

bah, he just wants some more time to think of a way to get out of this one. :p

Also, ZealousD never forgets the obligatory trannysurprise nod. You know how it's done.

Who cares if naysayers get owned. The game is cancelled, if it ever existed...

This guy has his priorities all wrong in games journalism.

squicken

I'm surprised Matt C. has any credibilty around here, considering he's married to Edie Kissko from Golin Harris. You know, Golin Harris, the marketing firm that handles Nintendo PR. Conflict of Interest perhaps?

GhaleonEB

squicken said:
I'm surprised Matt C. has any credibilty around here, considering he's married to Edie Kissko from Golin Harris. You know, Golin Harris, the marketing firm that handles Nintendo PR. Conflict of Interest perhaps?
O RLY

0_0

squicken said:

Conspiracy hurrrrr.

Who cares?

MrDaravon

squicken said:

Is he really? Interesting.

squicken said:

The guy talks Nintendo down all the ****ing time. Before Wii came out her was pretty much down on them 24/7. He doesn't seem to be pushing some kind of message on to people, he seems reasonably honest. He's just ****ing stupid when it comes to hyping things up for no reason.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
by 'naysayers' does he mean people who don't believe halo ds exists, or people who think it sounds like a terrible idea?

well, i could get behind a 2d halo ds that plays like metal slug

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
drohne said:
by 'naysayers' does he mean people who don't believe halo ds exists, or people who think it sounds like a terrible idea?

People who don't believe it existed.

squicken said:

I don't understand this, if anything wouldn't that amp up his credibility? Anyway, he was right on SCLegends, he isn't completely full of shit. Still, the game's canceled, I couldn't honestly give two shits.

Off topic, but the thread title in that screencap says "Beautiful Katamari Wii Confirmed" - was it really confirmed? I thought that was just a rumor.

rakka

Mariah Carey said:
Wait, why would there be any sort of announcement about a cancelled game at E3?

Probably not an announcement, but just some sort of proof, e.g interview/video/screens of the cancelled game.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I don't see the problem, next week hasn't come yet.
Today is still today.

ManaByte

Gold Member
TheGreatDave said:
The guy talks Nintendo down all the ****ing time. Before Wii came out her was pretty much down on them 24/7. He doesn't seem to be pushing some kind of message on to people, he seems reasonably honest. He's just ****ing stupid when it comes to hyping things up for no reason.

Because he loves Nintendo and the only way to get their attention to do anything is to point out all their flaws.

And if it weren't for Matt (and Peer) you would NEVER have played Smash Brothers in the US at all.

FoneBone

ZealousD said:
Not that I really doubt it at this point, but it'd be nice if they'd bothered to cite a source there.

krypt0nian said:
Can we ban Matt threads plz? He's so full of shit. Rich creamy shit.
He's guilty of frequently overhyping things, and is kind of a douche for that (though I guess that could apply to the IGN sites in general...), but "full of shit"? Not quite...

ZeoVGM

Banned
I don't see Matt as being full of shit.

He's just annoying as hell and everything a journalist shouldn't be.

Matt_C

squicken said:

I am very credible in these forums but the C does not stand for Cassminia. :lol
The C is for Cohick
Anywho, the only thing I read from IGN is IGN gear and I do not follow the IGN editor crowd, so I never heard of Matt Cassminia before NeoGAF as I barely read any of the Nintendo parts of IGN.

As for Halo DS, doesn't the Zune have better hardware specs to run a Halo like game over the DS? I am sure that initial Halo portable development was on the DS but may wind up on the Zune due to the MSness of the hardware and they might want to push games on the Zune platform soon.

Top Bottom