• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii) revealed in new Nintendo Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Regulus Tera said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

At least it's a new announcement, not like Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.
Castlevania Judgement was an announcement too, at least Nintendo Power is delivering on their promises now. :lol

Rotanibor

My innitial reaction was to laugh, but after thinking about it, this game is likely to have the same 'fairy tail' feel that Sonic and the Secret Rings had. Its just not an Arabian story this time along. I'll at least be keeping an eye on this because I really liked Secret Rings.

Yaweee

I was going to post that Wii owners got screwed over once again, but then I remembered the Unleashed screenshots of Elasto-Werehedgehog-Sonic.

Shahadan

Y2Kev said:
gaf needs a crying smilie

Wii is the PERFECT place to do a Sonic 4 a la MegaMan 9 (not that Sega or DIMPS or anyone could make a game that good...).

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes x 4100

But they would screw that too :(

Penguin

CurseoftheGods said:
It looks like it might be the sequel to Secret Rings.

That's what I thought, but the core of that is used in Unleashed as well.
And Wii is getting Unleashed as well.
So I don't know. :lol

basset-fishing.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
RiskyChris said:
Sonic :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Fixed.

Swords are awesome, I'd be interested if I wasn't disappointed by the way RPG panned out. I won't be fooled twice! :lol

Fady K

jj984jj said:
Plenty of non-Sonic related products from Sega turn out pretty good. Sonic is just cursed, I wonder what they're doing to him this time...

To me, SEGA has become all kinds of awesome - the new Yakuza games, Valkyria Chronicles, World Destruction, Virtua Fighter 5, and a lot more look so damn awesome. Even if this Sonic game sucks (honestly I dont see why SEGA has revealed another Sonic title for the Wii when unleashed didnt come out yet), there are still two other Sonic games that look really promising - Unleashed and the The Dark Brotherhood, even though the werewolf is quite silly in the former, and videos make the latter seem odd.

M74 said:
No. You do not give them credit for Mad World. They don't deserve it. Platinum should get every ounce of the credit there.

Of course I'll give Platinum their due, it's just that I give Sega credit in as much as their publishing MadWorld is an apology for everything they've done and will do. Kinda like Ubisoft and No More Heroes in NA.

And :lol at that cover. Wow.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's simply ridiculous.

No, you shouldn't hang around in town in a Sonic game.
No, you shouldn't dig for buried treasure in a Sonic game.
No, you shouldn't shoot guns inside mechs in a Sonic game.
No, you shouldn't have three characters tied at the hip in a Sonic game.
No, you shouldn't shoot guns outside of mechs in a Sonic game.
No, you shouldn't spit out a terrible product with no polish and long loading times.
No, you shouldn't be feeding furry fantasies in a Sonic game.
No, you shouldn't put Sonic on rails.
No, you shouldn't make Sonic wait his turn while his friends attack.
No, you shouldn't turn Sonic into a werewolf and make it an action game.
No, you shouldn't give Sonic a fucking sword.

You should make Sonic go from point A to point B in a somewhat open manner really fast with an interesting level design and polished gameplay.

Why the hell would you do anything else?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wait, THIS is the subject of all the kingdom hearts teasing? is nintendo power blatantly trolling their readership? hahaha

Sonic uses a rapier. I can't believe Sega messed up Sonic canon to worry about the players not being able to swing their arms fast enough. I can't believe Sega ruined a potentially awesome game for such a dumb reason.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Sonic culture (I'm an expert), but respect for the canon is part of it. It's not like it is in Blinx where you can change what you want to be convenient. If you screw over Sonic fans, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Sonic fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase Sonic and the Black Knight for the Wii, nor will they purchase any of Sega's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and cancel Sonic and the Black Knight for Wii or you can kiss your business goodbye.

laserbeam

Banned
Linkzg said:
Sonic uses a rapier. I can't believe Sega messed up Sonic canon to worry about the players not being able to swing their arms fast enough. I can't believe Sega ruined a potentially awesome game for such a dumb reason.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Sonic culture (I'm an expert), but respect for the canon is part of it. It's not like it is in Blinx where you can change what you want to be convenient. If you screw over Sonic fans, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Sonic fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase Sonic and the Black Knight for the Wii, nor will they purchase any of Sega's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and cancel Sonic and the Black Knight for Wii or you can kiss your business goodbye.

haha

Listen sonic fans, aren't you getting your traditional game of sonic somewhere?

This doesn't have to be bad. It just probably will be.

I say wait and see...:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom