• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Hope for TMCC feels good! Improving it before Halo 6 ships will go a long way.

Redemption never hits the snooze button <3
Your delicious iced tea has saved me the agony of remembering stuff many times.

hahah yeah, tell me about it.

0471.png

Hoping for PC port. They need to implement some of their new storage techniques though. Game is too big.

Also pipedream, but add Reach and/or 5 plz.

2018's already looking to be a good halo year.

Fuchsdh

Hoping for PC port. They need to implement some of their new storage techniques though. Game is too big.

Also pipedream, but add Reach and/or 5 plz.

2018's already looking to be a good halo year.

I mean, honestly, if we aren't getting a 2018 new Halo I'm fine with a lot more TLC stuff for the existing games as a fair trade.

Karl2177

Well, you gotta start somewhere I guess. I just want to hold them accountable and make sure they actually go through the process of updating it and making sure they aren't just saying they're updating it.

BizzyBum

Some pretty good stuff in that stream.

- fLAN support (hopefully will fix some issues during tournaments).
- lots of new skins (wish we got more unlocks to spend the millions of Req points on).
- MCC being updated.
- Tease of possible MLG acquisition for HCS 2018.
- Xbox One X H5 "plays better." Perhaps has the smoothness of PC aiming now?
- Every Microsoft Store getting tournaments w/ exclusive skin for attendees.
- Weapon tuning announcements.

The only thing disappointing was Bonnie made it sound like Halo 6 is releasing in 2020. lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Well, you gotta start somewhere I guess. I just want to hold them accountable and make sure they actually go through the process of updating it and making sure they aren't just saying they're updating it.

Well of course it should have worked properly in the first place but you realize it would be crazy to "just say it" right? We'll explain a bit more later in the week.

I almost simultaneously cried/threw up when Bonnie actually said MCC. Excited to pour another couple hundred hours into it!

Thanks for paying attention and doing something about it 343!

Some pretty good stuff in that stream.

- fLAN support (hopefully will fix some issues during tournaments).
- lots of new skins (wish we got more unlocks to spend the millions of Req points on).
- MCC being updated.
- Tease of possible MLG acquisition for HCS 2018.
- Xbox One X H5 "plays better." Perhaps has the smoothness of PC aiming now?
- Every Microsoft Store getting tournaments w/ exclusive skin for attendees.
- Weapon tuning announcements.

The only thing disappointing was Bonnie made it sound like Halo 6 is releasing in 2020. lol

I’m OK with that, take as long as you need but do it right. Doing it right is more important than doing it now.

And the fact that they have external studios helping with MCC is pretty much them saying that they intend on fixing it as best they can.

Super happy to hear, Just wish they didn’t take so goddamn long to say it

MCC update

W A T

Well of course it should have worked properly in the first place but you realize it would be crazy to "just say it" right? We'll explain a bit more later in the week.

To be fair, promises of updates have been made on these very forums that never materialised.

Fingers crossed for neutral bomb in H3 BTB and guaranteed dedicated servers ala H5 online experience.

BizzyBum

However, if Halo 6 is far off, they need to support Halo 5 more. We need new arena maps, BTB maps, etc. I would be happy with Certain Affinity making some new maps.

This.

Adding 4K support, official Oddball, new skins, etc. is cool but if Halo 6 is years away we need actual new content again for Halo 5.

Fuchsdh

They should give the MCC a new UI background with the update if it works. Purge the old MCC from memory.

Honestly I never got the hate for the "drill down" element to the UI. It works and it keeps the hierarchy clear (although throwing H3 ODST under H3 adds a bunch of unnecessary clicks.)

Now, the custom games settings where you had to go through them sequentially? That was terrible.

I always act like I don't know what it is and I'm just thirsty.
I like to think I'm on vacation whenever I have one. Gotta throw a little umbrella in there too lol.

Some may side-eye you though for being a grown ass man ordering one. That's when I flex and show them my CE Pistol tattoo.
They should give the MCC a new UI background with the update if it works. Purge the old MCC from memory.

100%, and that'd be cool if they let you choose which menu theme to open with. I love that ODST menu music.
Honestly I never got the hate for the "drill down" element to the UI. It works and it keeps the hierarchy clear (although throwing H3 ODST under H3 adds a bunch of unnecessary clicks.)

Now, the custom games settings where you had to go through them sequentially? That was terrible.
In my opinion it's not that the UI bad, rather changing it would be better for re-establishing its identity.

Trup1aya

I'm totally a fucking nerd guys about LAN

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225321258&postcount=4322

Too bad I can't get anyone to hire me based off my knowledge right now

ps. it's really cool that 343 is doing it this way. putting the options out there for the playerbase = thumbs up

I was actually thinking the same thing back when we were having this convo- I had been mentioning the idea on team beyond forums. I'm cringing because I said they could 'easily' do it. But I'm glad they got it done.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=225323683

Hopefully for halo 6 this grows into the customs browser Turning into a custom server browser.

FyreWulff

I was actually thinking the same thing back when we were having this convo- I had been mentioning the idea on team beyond forums. I'm cringing because I said they could 'easily' do it. But I'm glad they got it done.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=225323683

Hopefully for halo 6 this grows into the customs browser Turning into a custom server browser.

Would be nice if we could finally make custom dedis for console peeps to connect to that rotate gametypes/maps off a playlist we can make

pieces are in place now at least.

ps i found an even older one

nillapuddin

Halo 6 in 2019 huh, those public events are taking a long ass time I guess

Would be nice if we could finally make custom dedis for console peeps to connect to that rotate gametypes/maps off a playlist we can make

pieces are in place now at least.

*some post from years ago wishing we had that implementation*

I would pay a few bucks a month to host inflate my ego with a nilla's remake frag fest server that just rotated all the best remakes that I make cause Im amazing I can find with variable gametypes, which will obviously be voted 5 stars by all its players and it will always be at the top of the charts

More time for them to make Halo 6 more content complete at launch aswell.

Yeah - can only be a good thing for the end-product. My only reservations are whether Halo should have another year out of the spotlight (though fixing MCC will ameliorate that considerably), and of course my own need for a new Halo game.

JoeLT

Bit dissapointed at the lack of details on the Halo 5 One X patch. They said they’d go into more detail in the stream but they just echoed “its 4K and looks great” again. Well yeah I’d hope so, but what about some details about what is actually improved besides resolution?

MCC update...WAT... and all I want is matchmaking toggles/filters for maps and gametypes.

H5 LAN app...wow our annual LAN won't suck ass so much.

FyreWulff

Of course expectations and bandwidth and all that but this would seem to bode well for Halo 6 (or whatever the next one will be called) having these features (ability to deploy a dedi for a LAN, etc) at or near launch.

LANdedi would also hopefully be able to handle crossplay between Xbox and PC on the same LAN, if their goal is to have crossplay, since the server code would be platform agnostic

Trup1aya

There wasn't one. Tashi blue balled us and said an announcement will come sometime after Denver.

There was tons of news. Qualifying will be done on LAN. Two LANs in NA, one in EU, one in Mexico, and one in ANS.

They will announce new partners after Denver, presumably so they arent stepping on their current partners toes.

Top Bottom