• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat Sneak Bandit is brilliant. One of those game I'm happy I paid full price and helped the developers a little. It could 0.99 tomorrow and I wouldn't care. :)

It won't!
Sales have hardly been worth it for us. The little extra they brought in was not really worth it in the end. I won't close the door to it, but it's not looking likely that we'll do a sale again.

Happy to hear that you're enjoying it :D

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'll ask again since I seem to remember some people having a fix for it, but is there an easy way to get around the "Item is being modified" issue? Trying to get Awesome Land while it's free and it's giving the the computer sez no. Any ideas?

GeekyDad

I'll ask again since I seem to remember some people having a fix for it, but is there an easy way to get around the "Item is being modified" issue? Trying to get Awesome Land while it's free and it's giving the the computer sez no. Any ideas?

Easy, no, but from what I understand, you can create a separate App Store account and gift the game to yourself. I'm not messing with all that nonsense.

TimeKillr

Blockalicous- Really like it, wish it it was a touch slower, to allow for more strategy. There are some times when furiously tapping is arguably your best bet if time is running out, but I'm saving coins for the time extension power-up. High score is 423k, I guess the leaderboards will be kind of useless once people get the more powerful powerups? Idk maybe they're not that tough to get. No IAP is interesting, looks like it's set up for it. Edit: nvm, IAP is there
Edit: minor bug where a juice block appears about a half a block's height above where it should be but still behaves as normal. .

I'll report the bug, see if they know about it.

I've seen people here reach 1.6mil in points without powerups, so... :)

And you might like what we're coming with next: we're updating the game to have a more slow-paced mode. It's actually the mode I designed, so it might be right up your alley!

The Hunger Games was just announced for iOS (designer from Super Crate Box, Serious Sam, Tap Tap Dance & soundtrack by the guy who did Super Meat Boy & Canabalt):

http://blog.adamatomic.com/im-making-an-original-ios-game-for-the-hunger

Sounds much more promising than most movie tie-ins.

This is awesome. HUGE fan of the books so I hope this comes together. I was just thinking the other day how awesome a game could be if done right. And how terrible it could be if done wrong.

Having the same issue :(

That said, it let me 'buy' it already, so hopefully I own it at this point and can try redownloading it later.

GeekyDad

Caved and got LOE2 (while it's a buck). I say "caved" because I fucking hate virtual controls (LOL). But this game just looked too cool to pass up. Probably going to wait for an update before actually playing it, though, as I hear it has quite a few major problems.

heringer

I don't like to keep gushing a game to avoid people bitching about iOS games being overhyped, but man, Beat Sneak Bandit is sooo good.

I'll report the bug, see if they know about it.

I've seen people here reach 1.6mil in points without powerups, so... :)

And you might like what we're coming with next: we're updating the game to have a more slow-paced mode. It's actually the mode I designed, so it might be right up your alley!

oh thank god. This game needs more zen/endless mode. the difficulty of making juice bombs feels a little excruciating to me, but I've only played a couple rounds.

GeekyDad

Was finally able to get Awesome Land, and it's actually not that awesome. I've already erased it. It was free and I still feel jipped. The inertia in that game sucks -- plain and simple.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Okay, I just bought Caylus on sale, and... is it just me or is it extremely confusing? the tutorial isn't very helpful, I'm open to any kind of help. It definitely looks interesting, but I don't really understand it just yet.

GeekyDad

Okay, GAF, I'm a bit creeped out. I just received an email from a developer asking me for additional feedback about his game, based on an App Store review I left. Thing is, he messaged me via Youtube. How the hell did this guy get my Youtube account name from my App Store name? The screen names aren't even the same. Very creeped out by this.

Okay, I just bought Caylus on sale, and... is it just me or is it extremely confusing? the tutorial isn't very helpful, I'm open to any kind of help. It definitely looks interesting, but I don't really understand it just yet.
iOS was my introduction to the game too, and I found the tutorial decent. I still didn't fully grasp it, but after a game or two it was OK. It's a pretty heavy game, far more so than other popular iOS board game like Ticket To Ride, Neuroshima Hex (also on sale) and Carcassonne. Have some patience, and you'll work it out. You can always check out this podcast/teaching guide too.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Okay, GAF, I'm a bit creeped out. I just received an email from a developer asking me for additional feedback about his game, based on an App Store review I left. Thing is, he messaged me via Youtube. How the hell did this guy get my Youtube account name from my App Store name? The screen names aren't even the same. Very creeped out by this.

He might have googled your App Store name and ended up on your YouTube account.

Which developer are you talking about?

Will you all please stop talking about Beat Sneak Bandit until I get it? You're making it way to hard to stick to my One App A Week At Most program.

Stoooop.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yes! Bought. Wario what website you look at for these upcoming deals? I look at app shopper for current deals.

Appzapp

I follow them on Twitter and use the app. They usually can spot price changes ahead of time since it looks at other regions (like in this case)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I just realized that EA never added GC support to the iPhone version of Mirror's Edge, only the iPad one. lolz.

It won't!
Sales have hardly been worth it for us. The little extra they brought in was not really worth it in the end. I won't close the door to it, but it's not looking likely that we'll do a sale again.

Happy to hear that you're enjoying it :D
Oh well, since it isn't getting any cheaper I might as well add another sale already. ;) I wasn't really in a "I'll only buy it during a sale" mindset but I haven't been gaming a lot in the past few days and I was going to get it at a later date. Enjoyed a lot what I played of it so far, fun gameplay and top notch presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom