• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Roxette's "Pretty Woman" song steal from Travis Tritt's "Help Me Hold On"?

womfalcs3

Banned
This is Travis Tritt's song, released in 1990.

And this is Roxette's song, released in 1992.

Specifically, listen to the chorus/hook of both songs. It sounds oddly similar. A guy who knows how to read music says they could be similar, but Tritt's version is more complex.

Their close proximity in time seems especially odd.

Its dangerous to assume that Roxette ripped off Tritt. However, if you listen to your heart you will know the answer. The truth is life is just a joyride.

Please use the correct title for the Roxette song

And no, they are different enough that I hear barely any resemblence except a tiny bit of chorus similarites

Frankly I am offended by this thread as Roxette is my favourite band of all time

womfalcs3

Banned
Please use the correct title for the Roxette song

And no, they are different enough that I hear barely any resemblence except a tiny bit of chorus similarites

Frankly I am offended by this thread as Roxette is my favourite band of all time

That's the part in question.

THE:MILKMAN

According to Wiki it was originally released by Roxette in 1987 and re-released/re-done in 1990 for Pretty Woman and again in 1992.

gioGAF

As mentioned, if anything it would be the other way around. Roxette was great, great first post, lol.

Top Bottom