• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Hard Mode and Time Attack free DLC coming on 12/4

Kyoufu

Yes! I hope the take their feedbacks and make the map/traveling aspect better, don't necessarily mean fast travel everywhere but a better designed map and better paced traveling system would be neat (so you don't back track the same corridors over and over), and emphasize on the day/night cycle.

I personally enjoyed the backtracking. Felt much more immersive than opening a menu and bouncing from location to location. Never thought the map was badly designed.

Maybe a mount would help with travel.

sublimit

Banned
Yes! I hope the take their feedbacks and make the map/traveling aspect better, don't necessarily mean fast travel everywhere but a better designed map and better paced traveling system would be neat (so you don't back track the same corridors over and over), and emphasize on the day/night cycle.

Better quests would be nice too.

I hope there are new weapons and some improvements to its combat, if not new classes and skills.

I think it's a given there will be some new equipment,hopefully it will look better than those we'll get for completing Time attack and hard mode.
New skills and classes would be awesome!

And i hope this black Spell Island will be huge and have some variety in environments than the rest of the game.Can't wait to explore it!

Zaventem

Dark Element is the most useless attribute.Lets hope the expansion gives us some enemies weak to it.Why do devs do shit like this?

Anteater

I personally enjoyed the backtracking. Felt much more immersive than opening a menu and bouncing from location to location. Never thought the map was badly designed.

Maybe a mount would help with travel.

Well I think it was mostly the corridor between gran soren and the cassardis that I find terrible, and it's not so much the back tracking but the fact they are the same enemies that you outlevel at some point. Having shortcuts and a more open map with more random enemy placements would probably help. I run through the same areas a lot in dark souls too but I still found it enjoyable since they were still a bit challenging and quick to get around places.

Don't really need a mount imo, they would likely halfass it and it would probably add nothing, would prefer to fight my way through as long as it's fun.

I think it's a given there will be some new equipment,hopefully it will look better than those we'll get for completing Time attack and hard mode.
New skills and classes would be awesome!

And i hope this black Spell Island will be huge and have some variety in environments than the rest of the game.Can't wait to explore it!

I really hope there are some changes to the environments with black spell island, from the screenshots it seems likely to be similar to the vanilla map.

Also good to see the npcs are back.

Did the 2 demos en PS3 represent the quality of the game or did they choose areas that don't show framerate problems?

'Cause I think I'll get it when Dark Arisen comes out on PS3, and I did not have complaints with the demos.

Unity2012

This is one of my favorite games this year. I am glad it continues to be supported by the developers and, better yet, the community.

web01

The thing this game needed more than anything was a optimisation patch to fix the technical mess it is.

cvxfreak

"Doragon's Dogma". GG, Capcpom.

iAfv0.jpg

Forkball

Insert PC port begging.

What's this game like? Monster Hunter? Dark Souls? Zelda?

I'm a bit surprised that Capcom is releasing free DLC, considering they sold hard mode for MMIX at one point.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Insert PC port begging.

I'm a bit surprised that Capcom is releasing free DLC, considering they sold hard mode for MMIX at one point.

I don't think it's port begging. Capcom has hinted several times that they may bring it to PC.

Skilletor

Insert PC port begging.

It's like Capcom's old D & D game, imo. It also gives me that sense of adventure Zelda used to have before they held your hand for everything, or how you'd feel in RPGs when you wandered in to the wrong area and got your ass handed to you. The sense of atmosphere is amazing.

Mxrz

This is confusing.

The expansion or whatever DLC next year is actually going to be new/different version of the game like a goty edition?

My fiancee just beat the speedrun mode at 51 minutes. She's going to try the hard mode now. We're wondering, too, what the conditions are for the seemingly two new hairstyles (#49 and 50) that are blanked out in the character editor.

MrCow

challenge pack is now up in europe, too.
since my old savegame was lost when my PS3 ylod i will start a new save on hard mode ;D

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
well not really detailed but when starting the game on hard mode there is a message that tells you that:

foes will deal more damage
you have less stamina
but you will get more gold

lol @ more gold seeing how thats one thing you are not in short supply of with the game once you get that ball rolling in your adventure. Its too bad it didnt do something like what Borderlands had which was change up the character models slightly for the harder mode. Now that would have been cool and rewarded players with something extra to see when playing hard mode again.

lucius

Should have this game in a couple days, should I just start on hard mode?

Is the normal game as easy as Skyrims default mode, because in that game I became so overpowered switching to master helped only a bit, had to just start a new character on hardest difficulty.

Top Bottom