• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Houston3000 said:
Let's start with what characters your playing and your current level

Wood Elf -- Archery/Illusion/Alteration/Alchemy -- Level 22

Finding this build really fun, lots of sneaking and one-shot kills and brain-washing everyone else. I find the alchemy system engaging. So many ingredients(!), I always feel accomplished when I make a new potion with many multiple effects.
Wulf : Nord - One-handed / Block / Heavy Armor / Smithing - Level 41

Level 22 Nord, Male, aligned with the Legion.

My focus is on 2H weapons and Archery. I'm essentially a tank character that deals massive amounts of damage.

scy

Houston3000 said:

Finding this build really fun, lots of sneaking and one-shot kills and brain-washing everyone else. I find the alchemy system engaging. So many ingredients(!), I always feel accomplished when I make a new potion with many multiple effects.

Two characters:

Imperial -- Archery/Sneak ... actually, that's about it -- Level 32

Breton -- One-Handed (Dual Wield)/Light Armor/Destruction/Conjuration ... Enchanting/Smithing/Alchemy -- Level 45.

Next planned is a 2H Nord with Restoration. Or Conjuration for Undead summoning. Unsure which route I'd rather do more.

Wood Elf -- Level 20

Master Archer
Two handed Weapons
Light Armor/High Sneak
Restoration Magic

leng jai

Oh shit the CE guide went out of stock on Amazon again already. I got my order in just in time but it says the delivery estimate is the 28/11. Better get one.

tha_devil

Goddamnit my game is broken

I was fighting Alduin, he keeps falling through the ground, he gets stuck. i chop his life to 0 (life bar all gone) i can keep hacking and slashing but nothing helps, he does no die. Reloading save does not help

bengraven

I wish this game had a kind of "Origins" system like in DA1. There's so many great races to play and this is the first TES where I want to play ALL of them, or at least most. But there's just not enough stuff to do DIFFERENTLY every time to require multiple "alts".

tehbible

EschatonDX said:
It's hard to articulate, but it brings back that feel of when i was in high school or elementary school, and i'd be in class daydreaming about what I was going to do next in Dark Cloud 2. It's a world to dive into with real personality and atmosphere. The combat and quest content is all just really good.... But the 'checklist' of what the game does right feels kinda irrelevant. It's got the X-factor. The 'holy shit why did i spend 2 hours trying to find the right way up a mountain'? The 'should i go out with these girls tonight or just sit my tired ass down and fuck around with this game instead'? I can't even explain it. It's just good old fashioned gaming fun. Minimal gimmicks. Incredible world, and despite graphical shortcomings can be very beautiful.

Just buy it.

This is coming from someone who was pretty lukewarm until about a week before release.

thanks for this. i'm going to pick it up for PC tonight.

in recent months i've been reading up on ancient medieval lore, and the idea of Dragons, Gnomes, Elves, Fairies, although ingrained in our mythology today, is not all just make believe.

I've been studying psychonautic, herbal medicines used by ancient cultures (Peruvian, Middle Eastern, Egyptian), and one particular natural chemical called DMT, when ingested, can bring about 'hallucinations' of elves, fairies, alien intelligences, spaceships, etc. What I realized was that multiple people have had the same visions under the influence of DMT.

'The Spirit Molecule' by Dr. Rick Strassman is a good read on this phenomenon.

Call me crazy, but I do believe that dragons, elves, fairies all exist but possibly not in this dimension.

Atomski

Also my character:

Norgler: level 30

Wood Elf -- Archery/Daggers -- Sneak-- Light Armor -- Speech Craft -- Lockpicking

Philia

Lv 27 - Khajiit - Archer

100 Sneak, 74 Archery, 32 Light Armor, 40 Pickpocket, 58 Lockpicking, 29 One-handed

ezekial45

Banned
Is there a particular store in any town or city that'll take the Dragon Bones/Scales I want to sell? I'm trying to get rid of them cause they're so heavy.

Arjen

Oh my character:

Dark Elf level 22 Archery, sneak, destruction.
His name is Walter, because al my characters names have a tie in to the Big Lebowski

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Razaul, Level 39 Khajit Marksman/Kleptomaniac/Leather Bracer saleswoman.

Lakitu

st5fu
Odin. Nord - Level 26 currently.

I'm mixing it up, giving as much as I can a fair whirl. Mainly using two-handed, one-handed, destruction and restoration. A bit of conjuration.

He's an excellent cook and blacksmith. Still need to do more alchemy. I just find it hard because I have collected plenty of potions as it is.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Houston3000 said:

Red guard -- One Handed Swords / Destruction -- Level 2.

My character is a ranger (named "Bones", naturally) at heart but plays like a spellsword. He wears light, leathery armor. Right hand is for short swords, Left hand is for Destruction magic. Obviously as I get to higher levels, the playstyle will evolve and I'll try my hand at smithing, etc.

Esch

Banned
tehbible said:
I've been studying psychonautic, herbal medicines used by ancient cultures (Peruvian, Middle Eastern, Egyptian), and one particular natural chemical called DMT, when ingested, can bring about 'hallucinations' of elves, fairies, alien intelligences, spaceships, etc. What I realized was that multiple people have had the same visions under the influence of DMT.

Call me crazy, but I do believe that dragons, elves, fairies all exist but possibly not in this dimension.
Funnily enough i've read the Spirit Molecule. Enjoyable book.

J-Rzez

The glitches in this game. You see most of the funny ones in videos, what you don't really see are the bad ones. Like this one right now just made me get up and walk away from the game. So I just fought
Alduin
(a boss) and I wanted to talk to
that dragon on top of the mountain
(a NPC) to continue on the main story line quest. Well I get close to them to talk and he starts spinning like they were in a vortex and shot up into the sky. So I'm stuck there in the conversation, can't hear a thing being said in the main questline now, and just picking responses at random. Yeah, the game's large, but this is probably the most bug filled game I've played since, well, Oblivion. They really need to do something over there at Bethesda. Thus far I'd agree with the scores IF the numerous amount of bugs didn't exist, hell, even half of those bugs.

Also, I get a lot of CTD while playing this, as well as when the textures don't load right and objects/npcs look that purple-ish color. My one friend told me he saw something about possibly needing to tweak how much RAM the game uses or something? Does that sound right and if so, how does one do it?

Wallach

MWS Natural said:

Wood Elf -- Level 20

Master Archer
Two handed Weapons
Light Armor/High Sneak
Restoration Magic

Wallach, level 24 Breton almost entirely focused on Conjuration, Restoration, and Alteration. I've got about 40 skill in One-Handed, Alchemy, Lockpicking and Speech just from being in the business of getting things done.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've already completed the Civil War (kind of wish I had waited now, since some town mayors are now different because of the result of the Civil War).

Early in Act 2 of the Main Story
Just started the Companions in Whiterun (not sure how big a quest that might be)
Just started College in Winterhold.
Haven't done anything with the Thieves guild or Dark Brotherhood.
Been to all the main cities except Dawnstar.
Tower of Azura is awesome looking. First found it while in the middle of blizzard conditions.

Was disappointed in Winterhold. Earlier in the game, I had went north from Windhelm to fight a monster, and saw this large tower in the background, in the direction towards Winterhold. So when I finally decide to go there, Winterhold is just a few houses. You don't even have to load into it like the big cities.

Course, the early theory for Winterhold's "small in stature" is pretty interesting.

bengraven said:
I wish this game had a kind of "Origins" system like in DA1. There's so many great races to play and this is the first TES where I want to play ALL of them, or at least most. But there's just not enough stuff to do DIFFERENTLY every time to require multiple "alts".
Agreed. It's weird how the Thalmor treat me, a fellow High Elf, as a lowly Nord. Moreso, how the racist Stormcloaks are so quick to accept the help of an Altmer who could easily be a Thalmor spy.

90% chance to pick pocket successfully.

Save. Attempt. Fail. Reload. Attempt. Fail.

Something is broken, here. 90% is the max rate. Come on now.

tehbible said:

in recent months i've been reading up on ancient medieval lore, and the idea of Dragons, Gnomes, Elves, Fairies, although ingrained in our mythology today, is not all just make believe.

Dig into some of Terence Mckenna's stuff. You'd really dig him (if you haven't already). There's a great podcast with tons of his talks: http://www.matrixmasters.net/salon/

bitoriginal

Houston3000 said:

Nord -- One handed/Destruction/Heavy Armour/Enchanting -- Level 21

Loving playing this build atm, however it does feel very jack of all trades, master of none. Enjoying playing through looking like Eddard Stark from behind. Characters name is Rhaegar... Game Of Thrones has ruined my imagination.

xxczx

Got 40 hours in, found it boring as a full on Warrior (level 31), started again with an Assassin/Thief type Khajiit. Finding the game more fun.

BurningNad

There are not enough hours in the year to sate my thirst for this game. Good lawdy I just want to create 4 different characters, sprout 8 more arms, and play them all at once.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
In it to win it. Can't wait to hit hour 40 in Skyrim tonight.

Dunmer spellsword ftw.

OT2 already :eek: wow. In case anyone missed it on the last thread, Amazon will be getting in hardcover guides on November 21st for only $26. Good time to get one :)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
lvl.38 Khajiit 100 Sneak / 87 Alchemy / 65 Speech / 68 Light Armor / 70 One-Handed

Thinking about adding some Shield perks into the mix since I've run into a good amount of unavoidable battles

ShinNL

I'm gonna post this again since a lot probably missed it.

If you plan to dual wield, wear a fast weapon on your left hand (dagger is the only one I think of). Your dual wield attacks will have the fast dagger speed, but you can put whatever weapon you want in your right hand. Super fast dual wield power attack (especially if you include the perk that speeds it up). I feel like the legendary Musashi wearing a dagger + sword :D

(And if you sprint in third person with your 2 weapons sheathed out, it looks even more awesome :D)

Build: Conjurer dual wield female Redguard. Name: Mistgun. Favorite shout: Fus Ro Dah.
One hand / Conjuration / Destruction / Restoration / Alteration / Smithing / Alchemy / Heavy armor

Summons + dagger & bound sword wielding + amazing armor = awesome. Right now training alteration mostly just for the magic resistance.

tehbible

EschatonDX said:
Funnily enough i've read the Spirit Molecule. Enjoyable book.

I just picked up his second book 'Inner Paths to Outer Space' :) I did enjoy the book immensely.

Price Dalton said:
Dig into some of Terence Mckenna's stuff. You'd really dig him (if you haven't already). There's a great podcast with tons of his talks: http://www.matrixmasters.net/salon/

I watched a lot of his lectures. A great mind. Culture is your enemy hehe.

I'm watching a lot of Graham Hancock's lectures on ancient history too. Now I'm fully into the psychonautic scene. A real eye opener. Just bought Michael Talbot's book 'The Holographic Universe.'

ToD_

- Name: Radspakr
- Level: 27
- Nord
- 2H Weapons
- Heavy Armor
- Smithing
- Ysolda is my wife "Hello, my love. Back from some adventure I bet."

Manticore said:
So what did you guys name your characters? Mine is Stargaryen, Stark + Targaryen :p
I named my character Darako

I have a tradition of naming my character a variation of that since Diablo.

Darakas - Diablo (Fighter)
Darakan - Everquest (Ranger)
Darakas - Diablo II (Paladin)
Darakai - Morrowind (Dark Elf Assasin)
Darakai - WoW (Troll Warrior)
Darak - Oblivion (Orc Warrior)
Darako - Skyrim (Wood Elf Archer)

etc... many more in between.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Houston3000 said:

Breton -- Conjuration/Enchanting/One-Handed -- Level 11

So goddamn fun. I use conjuration to summon my atronach or revive fallen enemies and to fill soul gems to recharge my enchanted war-axe, enchanting is so good in this game! Today I ventured into a zone too high for my level and encountered a sabretooth. I barely managed to kill it and then revived it to make it fight alongside me. He just kept two-shoting other sabretooths. God this game is so great. And today I encountered my first random dragon. I saw it appear from behind the tundra horizon, slowly approaching me, so menacing! Fortunately I lured it towards a mammoth herd, and when three mammoths and two giants piled on him he lasted 5 seconds lol.

Brilliant.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just about to grind my Ebony War Axe to Legendary. When it was flawless, it was killing dragons in just a few swings. Can't wait to let loose this horrible death tool upon Skyrim.

Dunmer -- One-handed/Destruction/Restoration/Smithing -- Level 28

Tucah

you speak so well
How difficult is it to completely switch gears on a character? I'm currently level 17 or 18 and mostly focused on Heavy Armor/One Handed/Archery with a bit of shields. I like my character enough but I really want to try a stealth/light armor character but don't want to completely lose my 20+ hours of progress. Anyone completely change specs this far in?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
tehbible said:

Is this the stuff that caused people to see Machine Elves?

Just fus'd a bandit off the tree trunk that acts as a makeshift bridge over the waterfall. Hearing him say "you picked a bad day to get lo...AAAAH" was incredibly satisfying.

GhaleonEB

Two questions.

How hard are companions to kill?

Do they carry any decent loot?

I'm considering leading them into the woods and harvesting them for resources. I've got a house to save for.

Esch

Banned
thetrin said:
Just about to grind my Ebony War Axe to Legendary. When it was flawless, it was killing dragons in just a few swings. Can't wait to let loose this horrible death tool upon Skyrim.
There's something about a newly smithed bit of gear that gets my dopamine receptors firing like assault rifles, you just know that whenever you leave that hub town there's gonna be a reckoning
laugh.gif

Trojita said:
Is this the stuff that caused people to see Machine Elves?

A friend of mine who's tried it describes it as loading the universe into a cannon and shooting it into your face. interpret that how you will.

blahblah...blah said:
Just fus'd a bandit off the tree trunk that acts as a makeshift bridge over the waterfall. Hearing him say "you picked a bad day to get lo...AAAAH" was incredibly satisfying.
I fus'ed a cave bear off of the 7000 steps to High Hrothgar. I was only at the bottom, so he didn't fall very far, he actually landed right-smack in the middle of the river running through Ivarstead. Right as I go peeking over the edge I see him getting dragged along by the current and thrown over a cliff's edge in a waterfall.

Lolz were had.

GhaleonEB

Blue Ninja said:
I fus'ed a cave bear off of the 7000 steps to High Hrothgar. I was only at the bottom, so he didn't fall very far, he actually landed right-smack in the middle of the river running through Ivarstead. Right as I go peeking over the edge I see him getting dragged along by the current and thrown over a cliff's edge in a waterfall.

Lolz were had.
fus'ed is a term I haven't seen before, translation? I read it as "launched".

Top Bottom