• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

I finally did it. I purchased a PS4 (after thinking about it for the past few months) and Final Fantasy XV. To finally play the game that made me buy a PS3 all those years ago feels so great. And the game itself, so far, is incredible. I missed FF, I missed this kind of experience - to feel completely engaged by a game, to pause a gaming session and realize I had been playing for four hours straight. Lately, I was becoming less and less engaged with gaming - games that lasted for more than 10 hours were a chore to get through. Since Sunday, I already put more than 10 hours into this game and I can hardly believe it.

Some thoughts regarding the game itself: it's very different from other games in the series, in the sense that it's so far more focused on the personal experience of Noctis and friends, while keeping the "plot" mostly in the background (I'm on chapter 3, just started to explore Duscae). And while it feels very different in that regard, the heart of the whole thing reminds me so much of older FF titles. I already like this cast more than the cast of FFXII and XIII.

The combat is amazing and surprisingly fun - when I read the explanations on how it worked, I was always kinda "eh" about it, but actually playing it feels great. It's much more tactical than I expected - and challenging too.

I feel this game is making me fall in love with videogames all over again. And that's just great.

UMDOnHN.jpg

Top Bottom