• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro Truck Sim 2 |OT| - it's like Elite, but in a big rig and in Europe

Everything is currently on sale, so I would pick up the ETS2 essentials pack right now. France is relatively recent, so I don't think it will drop in price for a while.

ty_hot

Everything is currently on sale, so I would pick up the ETS2 essentials pack right now. France is relatively recent, so I don't think it will drop in price for a while.

Yup, I checked steam's frist page and saw that its a timed sale so I am picking it up. Luckily I have a Brazilian card so I will be paying 10 euros only for that pack. :)

ty_hot

Ok, so I picked the Steam deal. Last time I played I had mods which included france, spain, portugal and even north africa lol. Now I have the 'official' version and it is just benelux-part of france-east-scandinavia lol.

Anyway, I have a problem with the sound... I can only listen to radio. Nothing else works. No ambient noises, no engine sound. nothing else.

Is this a known bug? I cant find anything on google. I need my engine sounds to play decently with manual gear.

Last time I played was in this very same computer so I dont get why there is a problem =/

edit. first time I used the x64 exe, now I tried with the normal one (x86) and it works just fine. wierd. but its fixed.

Ok, so I picked the Steam deal. Last time I played I had mods which included france, spain, portugal and even north africa lol. Now I have the 'official' version and it is just benelux-part of france-east-scandinavia lol.

I can't remember if Trucksim Map is updated to require France DLC, but you could check that out since it's most likely the mod you used to have. Promods which I think is the most developed map mod does require the France DLC, but it will probably roughly double your current map and rework a lot of the less detailed areas in Germany and Poland.

Jimrpg

Ok so the last few updates broke my Promods so I haven't played this game since last year. Picked up Vive la France during the Steam Sale on now so that I could play with the latest Promods.

I only got 15 minutes in before I had to leave for work.

- Game runs way better for me, I rememeber I had some issues last time with the framerate hovering around 60-80fps even though the previous promod update was up around the 100fps. Now the game runs even better 100fps at its lowest all the way up to 250fps....game is on high or the highest settings, it looks rock solid smooth on my high refresh (1440p @ 144hz monitor, i5-4690k, GTX 1070). The whole game looks glorious, its hard to believe this game came out 4 years ago.

- France also looks great too - lots of detail everywhere.

- The map is insanely huge with the latest Promods... ill never 100% this game, you can even go to Iceland. ATS is going to have to wait a bit. I haven't even added on the Rusmap. What a game!

I'd really like to see them do Spain and Italy, I feel like that's a huge part of the map they're missing.

Just look at how much extra content is here compared to the base game!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...&ll=55.72543395373098,0.23853015418694667&z=4

Btw has anyone tried the Rusmap? How is it?

Btw has anyone tried the Rusmap? How is it?

Rusmap is pretty good. Not as detailed as promods, but it adds a lot of content and is generally well done. If you add Southern Region russian map as well you get a really high quality map with some of the most interesting roads in the game as well.

Jimrpg

Rusmap is pretty good. Not as detailed as promods, but it adds a lot of content and is generally well done. If you add Southern Region russian map as well you get a really high quality map with some of the most interesting roads in the game as well.

Thanks for this! I just checked it out and looks great... I'll add rusmap and southern region russian map soon too... and EAA... this is the game that keeps on giving! Not right now... im so scared of the game breaking and its running great for me at the moment.

Map mods breaking isn't the end of the world. Your save survives if you deactivate them or switch to others. The only thing you should consider is not buying garages in cities that aren't in the main game since that will save you some headache down the line.

Jimrpg

Map mods breaking isn't the end of the world. Your save survives if you deactivate them or switch to others. The only thing you should consider is not buying garages in cities that aren't in the main game since that will save you some headache down the line.

Yep it was a passing joke more than anything. I haven't played the game since last year so I just wanted to play around with promods and the france DLC I just got tonight.

Downloading Rusmap, Southern Region and EAA will take some time and I can't be bothered fixing anything if there's compatibility issues cause I just want to play it.

I wish there was an option in Steam so that the game doesn't update automatically or when you open the game. Seems like for every new ETS release, the map mods also need an update.

I think you can set the game to not update automatically if you right click and choose "properties". SCS also keeps a lot of the previous versions around for people who use mods that haven't been updated if you go to the beta tab in the same view.

Jimrpg

I think you can set the game to not update automatically if you right click and choose "properties". SCS also keeps a lot of the previous versions around for people who use mods that haven't been updated if you go to the beta tab in the same view.

Last I checked a couple of days ago the options were

Update Automatically
Update when user opens the game

:(

I'll check again tonight. :)

Was browsing steamdb.info and the user base for this game just keeps on going up and up its amazing.

Last I checked a couple of days ago the options were

Update Automatically
Update when user opens the game

That might be true. I can't remember. But in any case the previous version always gets added to beta when a new version rolls out. After a while (years?) they remove the least used versions because Steam has a limit on how many betas you can run.

MysticX

so, since there are so many map packs available...can anyone point out which map packs are essential?

I have the PM map pack and am thinking about getting the russian one and some others

any suggestions?

I was driving yesterday in Iceland and was astounded by the level of detail it has...looks and feels awesome

Jimrpg

so, since there are so many map packs available...can anyone point out which map packs are essential?

I have the PM map pack and am thinking about getting the russian one and some others

any suggestions?

I was driving yesterday in Iceland and was astounded by the level of detail it has...looks and feels awesome

Well the official ones of course.

Promods is pretty huge, Rusmap and southern Russia, EAA (Brazil).

That's plenty of roads to last a while.

SCS officially announces Italy expansion.

They are targeting release end of this year, which is a lot faster than they have gone from announce to release on their recent expansions.

Some images, more on the link:
01.jpg

02.jpg

Hah, we'll probably get Italy for ETS2 before we get Mexico for ATS, lol! :(

I wonder why they are so reluctant to give dates for ATS when they announced this with a release window. Hopefully that means NM not too long after 1.28 leaves beta but it's pretty weird.

SCS is working on oversize/supersize trailers for ETS2.

wssy8.jpg

m6ojs26gcmrzyqs96.jpg

They even added achievements to Steam database. Note that inside the parantheses are database names with st prefixes. st also happens to be codename of Supersize trailer DLC in the Steam database.
The Bigger the Better (st_all_cargos)
Not a Canoe (st_pilot_boat)
Big Brother (st_cat_785c)
Giant (st_silo)
Not a Big Problem (st_no_damage)
Driver Exceptionnel (st_all_routes)
Size Matters (st_first_cargo)
Mass-to-don (st_mass)

Top Bottom