• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Tizoc

I'm saving up GMG credit to use on Wolfenstein on the 19th. If I'm lucky I should be able to get it for under $20 X3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks! Looks like GMG thinks I am from Germany and it does not list the game for me, hmm...

Some people have successfully used a VPN with GMG, but I've never had such luck. As a last resort you could send me the money via PayPal -- the only issue is that GMG doesn't support gift purchasing and so I'd have to PM you your keys after they've been sent out.

derFeef

Some people have successfully used a VPN with GMG, but I've never had such luck. As a last resort you could send me the money via PayPal -- the only issue is that GMG doesn't support gift purchasing and so I'll have to PM you your keys after they've been sent out.

I had this problem with Origin as well but only sometimes, let me check the site later maybe I get a real Austrian IP then ;)

Thanks for the offer though - I will let you know when I need it!

derExperte

Thanks for your help.

Awww well that sounds terrible. I guess I'll skip Wolfenstein then, too much of a hassle to get through that.
Too bad, was really looking forward to it after I've seen this OT popping up.

Note that they removed the IP lock for Austria, so if you get the uncut version somewhere you can run it without VPN.

Anung

Un Rama
Very excited about this :D Can't wait to play it. Pre-ordered it an age ago. I'm on the fence about Watch_Dogs but this looks fantastic and most of all fun.

Time for Nazi's to take their rightful place as the kings of the FPS.

Dawg

Good job on your first OT, Levyne-san.

rvKFwxD.gif

Let's talk about that secret unlockable mode or modes ? What are your expectations ?
I hope it's not some stupid shit like extra hard difficulty.....

What i'd like to see:

--->Unlockable bonus levels like Aliens vs. Predator (1999 pc) had.
Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_te2mrwe4
It's the first map playing in the shoes of a colonial marine. It's scary and you're killing aliens and pushing forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGvwxOatKLc
Unlockable bonus alien level. Same map but you start at the end of the level going back to the beginning. And this time you're the alien hunting and killing off humans.

So basically it's the same level and assets used but gameplay feels completely different !
Now imagine that first level from Wolfenstein:The New Order but this time you're playing as a nazi soldier...fuck that. Playing as nazi robot alien thing pushing the allies back to the start ! This would give campaign levels a new twist.

--->Or at least give us challenge maps like Batman Arkham series. Levels taken from campaign and based on combat or stealth challenges.

--->Or maybe just maybe we unlock Wolfenstein 3D remake ! Just the first episode where you escape and fight Hitler mecha at the end :) I think it's doable and not something that would take a lot of time. Map layout is basic and there are no cutscenes....

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment right ? :/

Don't forget to tell them to put Quake Wars back up on Steam. ;)
Doesnt ETQW use gamespy? Even if it were on steam :(
Pre-ordered for PC. I'd like 120hz-display;1000hz-mouse-uber-Wolfenstein experience!
Be weary of 120fps 120hz support. Rage did not support it AT ALL. Rage did not even support SLI even. Rage was a really bad PC port in general that may or may lay with problems in idtech5.
Mein Körper ist fertig.

Mein Körper ist bereit :D

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Has there been a confirmation yet that the UK version of this game is uncut?

My local shop mentions that possibly all versions of this game except the US version will be cut (meaning, no Nazi symbols).

Nice OT and lol @ the poor attempts at the german language in this thread. :p
(Don´t like the thread title either)

Zäh wie Leder und hart wie Kruppstahl!

TheBear

I thought I'd give the 2009 wolfenstein game a try as its been sitting in my backlog for a while now. Man. Its pretty weird. Is it worth ploughing through? The new one looks great

A wee reminder for UKGaf, you can grab the PC version from shopto (retail) for £22 until the 14th.

The console versions also have a £5 discount, but I'm not sure if that makes them cheaper than elsewhere.

Tizoc

Yes, it is. Great game.

I agree with this guy, the game has some neat guns to kill nazis with. One of my fav. moments was
Using the time stop ability at a group of Nazis in a courtyard. I rushed them with my assault rifle and when the ability ended, I killed them all! Felt good mang~

For the people asking about "Mein Leben":

"Well, the one thing I remember is the line "Mein Leben!" which (unless my German fails) means "My life!". Which of course makes little sense, and I fondly speculate that this was John Romero's made up German back in the day. And I'm happy to inform that under very special conditions, you can get the enemies in Wolfenstein: The New Order to say "Mein Leben!" when they die."

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...thies_creative_director_for/chdoiv6?context=3

For the people asking about "Mein Leben":

"Well, the one thing I remember is the line "Mein Leben!" which (unless my German fails) means "My life!". Which of course makes little sense, and I fondly speculate that this was John Romero's made up German back in the day. And I'm happy to inform that under very special conditions, you can get the enemies in Wolfenstein: The New Order to say "Mein Leben!" when they die."

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...thies_creative_director_for/chdoiv6?context=3

!!!!!

Andrew.

Banned
I'm interested in this game, but do you need to have beaten previous Wolfenstein's to understand the story?

The Wolfenstein games have stories?

You'll be fine dude.

--

Cautiously optimistic about this one. Keeping hype in check. Aside from the couple .gifs Ive seen posted, Ill essentially be jumping in blind.

Top Bottom