• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Gowans007 said:
I hope the iTunes feed is updates it's had a grey exclination mark next to it for ages.

There might be a couple of iTunes feeds since we had one early feed submission that was bunk but didn't know how to delete it. Not sure why Zune isn't up to date however. I'll look into it. Ahhh, one day we'll straighten out these damn feeds.

Gowans

Cool I'll resubscribe and see if it fixes it.

Really enjoy the shows hope you guys do some good follow up and keep them going post launch.

Senua

chespace

ShapeGSX said:
I get a login loop. In fact, it is pretty rare that I don't get a Passport login loop when going to forzamotorsport.net . :(

Hopefully this gets cleared up once the new FM3 stats site hits.

It'll be fixed, but as a workaround, go to forums.forzamotorsport.net first, then click on the navigation above.

gillty

Banned
dont think anyone posted this yet from insidesimracing.tv forums

Darin Gangi said:
We ran it with the XBox 360 wheel and it runs nicely. We were actually surprised at how it felt.. Was hard to go back to with a 6 speed and clutch using the 911..

We're going to revisit FM3 and discuss how it feels with the 360 wheel.

I will stand by my 360 seller comment.. I would play it on the 360 wheel if thats all I could afford or had. It kicks ass with that wheel too.

i thought the microsoft wheel was shiet?

Valru said:
dont think anyone posted this yet from insidesimracing.tv forums

Not sure if my opinion helps since I'm a hardcore racing game noob, but I just picked it up and was surprised at the quality of the build; and the force feedback was better than I expected. Definitely a solid alternative if you're not willing to spend $250 on a fake racing wheel. Definitely better than using a controller.

I picked it up for $50 and I couldn't be happier :D .

Can someone explain how lobbies work in f3, matchmaking sort of setup or what? I played a lot of F2 again online last night and right now and I hate HATE fucking people who kick you because youre trueskill rank is better then theirs, or you find a green lobby room, enter it, pick a car and then find it's already started! or how about people who get their two mates do to drive backwards and ram you so their other mate can win a 10 lap race for the money, fuck those shitheads up the arse they should be punished.

I really hope forza 3 has a way to pair up and jump into a game matchmaking style, as I said before I heard some info on it but coming from someone with an early copy would be very nice please, why has no one else brought this kind of stuff up yet in forza threads?

Also how are people entering games limited to C class or something but they are using a U class car? is that a lobby bug or something?

amar212

Valru said:

To be honest with you - it is.

And I still have problems to explain to myself with what magical move Forza 3 makes it almost charming and unrecognizable piece of hardware.

amar212 said:
Babelfish translation = it works great in FM3. I'm amazed for more than a week now.

I thought that was the gist of it. I was going to go with the typical insensitive American response (English, do you SPEAK IT?) but I thought better of it, especially since Forza is loved all over the world and I assumed you were from some far away land.

chespace

BenjaminBirdie said:
How old is this podcast anyway? Are they talking about Storefront Leaderboards?

It was recorded last Tuesday -- a couple days before both Landin and I took off.

Anyway, I figured out what's wrong with the iTunes and Zune feeds. Stupid error but Landin owns it so he needs to resubmit. He's not back until tomorrow.

Dural

duderon said:
The Cobra Training Grounds and the Benchmark Oval.

Ugh, no thanks. Man, for all the complaints about the lack of environments for Forza 2 you'd think they would have added more new locations.

ShapeGSX

Dural said:
Ugh, no thanks. Man, for all the complaints about the lack of environments for Forza 2 you'd think they would have added more new locations.

Forza 2 (at launch):
12 locations
47 variations

Forza 3:
21 locations
136 variations

I don't know, I'm pretty freaking happy with their track efforts. Especially given how long and interesting some of these tracks are.

AMUSIX

How many ovals/tri-ovals are in the game?
-Motegi
-Sedona
-Sunset Peninsula
-High Speed Ring

Any others? And, for that matter, how different are they? Any with extreme banking?

AMUSIX said:
-Motegi
-Sedona
-Sunset Peninsula
-High Speed Ring

Any others? And, for that matter, how different are they? Any with extreme banking?
Motegi has high banks but it's a fairly short loop, I love it though as it reminds me of F355 challenge :D

Dural

Atlanta Motor Speedway in F355 was awesome, a clone of that track would have been sweet. Long Beach would have been great too.

Jube3

AMUSIX said:
-Motegi
-Sedona
-Sunset Peninsula
-High Speed Ring

sedona is really narrow with sharper oval turns. Its gonna be a pretty intense track with careful racers. Its gonna be a lot of accidents without the careful drivers lol.

Im also fixing the OP now. Been a crazy 2 days.

Now that che's back in the thread. I have a request.

A commuter cars DLC pack.

I want the non-sport version of the most popular NA cars:
Corolla, Civic, Sentra, Mazda3, Focus, Camry, Accord, Altima, Mazda 6, Taurus.

A lot of these super race cars while nice and all are just so out of my experience I can't relate to them in any way. Whereas I could race a car that I own vs cars that I see people driving everyday on my commute. Would also be nice to mod/livery it up... and just make it that much more REAL because it's my REAL car.

Dural

ShapeGSX said:
Forza 2 (at launch):
12 locations
47 variations

Forza 3:
21 locations
136 variations

I don't know, I'm pretty freaking happy with their track efforts. Especially given how long and interesting some of these tracks are.

How many of the environments in Forza 3 are new to the Forza series? It's obvious the game was rushed to be released this fall which is a shame. I'd love to see what a Forza game looks like when given a normal development cycle.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ISR comment on Forza 3 with the 360 wheel:

We ran it with the XBox 360 wheel and it runs nicely. We were actually surprised at how it felt.. Was hard to go back to with a 6 speed and clutch using the 911..

We're going to revisit FM3 and discuss how it feels with the 360 wheel.

I will stand by my 360 seller comment.. I would play it on the 360 wheel if thats all I could afford or had. It kicks ass with that wheel too.

Darin Gangi
Executive Producer
InsideSimRacing

chespace

Diablohead said:
Can someone explain how lobbies work in f3, matchmaking sort of setup or what? I played a lot of F2 again online last night and right now and I hate HATE fucking people who kick you because youre trueskill rank is better then theirs, or you find a green lobby room, enter it, pick a car and then find it's already started! or how about people who get their two mates do to drive backwards and ram you so their other mate can win a 10 lap race for the money, fuck those shitheads up the arse they should be punished.

I really hope forza 3 has a way to pair up and jump into a game matchmaking style, as I said before I heard some info on it but coming from someone with an early copy would be very nice please, why has no one else brought this kind of stuff up yet in forza threads?

Also how are people entering games limited to C class or something but they are using a U class car? is that a lobby bug or something?

It's a party hopper system like Halo 3 or COD4. Game types and specifics are configured server-side so we'll keep it dynamic and interesting. You can also choose to join a quick match or a class-match and you'll be placed with random folks on LIVE into a lobby which you cannot control except through voting, etc. Or you can go back and still host private lobbies (but open them to the public) that give you full freedom to configure rules and specifics as you please.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
ShapeGSX said:
Forza 2 (at launch):
12 locations
47 variations

Forza 3:
21 locations
136 variations

You bet your ASS that's impressive lol... I can't wait to see all variations of older tracks and new ones alike.

The amount of variants will keep shit fresh imo.

Brakara

Dural said:
How many of the environments in Forza 3 are new to the Forza series? It's obvious the game was rushed to be released this fall which is a shame. I'd love to see what a Forza game looks like when given a normal development cycle.

Rushed? They spent almost two and a half years. If they released it last year, you would have a point. But two and a half years is longer than what most sequels spend on development on a same gen console.

nib95

Banned
Woo can't wait for this game! been dying for my next Forza fix! NFS Shift kept me busy for a while, but I just realised how much I miss the sheer content and community aspects of F3. Collecting everything up, and tuning/customising all the vehicles. Very rewarding. I hope the soundtrack is as mad and catchy as the last games as well. Game had me miming and memorising the weirdest tunes lol.

chespace said:
It's a party hopper system like Halo 3 or COD4. Game types and specifics are configured server-side so we'll keep it dynamic and interesting. You can also choose to join a quick match or a class-match and you'll be placed with random folks on LIVE into a lobby which you cannot control except through voting, etc. Or you can go back and still host private lobbies (but open them to the public) that give you full freedom to configure rules and specifics as you please.
Thank you Che, that is exactly what I wanted to hear :D

I hate re-reading my posts I sound like such a douche :lol sorry

I wish I had a logical and afordable way to mount a wheel, or there was some sort of lap adapter. This game is freaking amazing, but I feel like I'm sawing the wheel like a lumberjack unnecessarily with the analog stick when I start turning off assists.

Doodis

nib95 said:
I hope the soundtrack is as mad and catchy as the last games as well. Game had me miming and memorising the weirdest tunes lol.
Has there been any word about what's on the soundtrack yet?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Ah, so that's what Che sounds like....

Also, beard and fancy dress party talk....:lol

Edit: I love the updated OP, great work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jube3 said:
OP Updated with location pictures, Track names and ribbons per track.

Something weird is up with that man, the word "tracks" is cutoff on every one of the location pictures.

Jube3

enzo_gt said:
Something weird is up with that man, the word "tracks" is cutoff on every one of the location pictures.

Fixed, also I put together the list of Licensed Soundtrack for Forza 3 since I could not find it on the net. The missing links I couldnt find a youtube video for. I will add these to the OP

Forza Motorsport 3 Soundtrack
Trash - the whip
tick tick boom - the hives
long forgotten sons - rise against
burned- fall from grace
across the shields - Torche
solaris - Celldweller's
no tommorow girls - the blackhalos
weve had enough -alkaline trio
showdown = pendelum
suburbian nights - hard fi
my friend john - The Fratellis