• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "Real-Time with Bill Maher" Thread

NYR

The panels the last two weeks have been shit. Zero content or discussion, simply mastubatory garbage. Eva Longeria sounded like someone who spent too much time on Reddit reading /r/politics just spouting out headlines and catch phrases.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Grover "Taxes are literally fascism" Norquist is a 'sane' Republican. News to me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh, I thought he was scraping the bottom of the barrel and then he gets Piers fucking Morgan. They really need to stop trying to find "conservatives" because they're all human garbage.

Someone didn't tell Bill that Kyrie Irving and Draymond Green were probably messing with reporters and don't actually believe the flat Earth stuff? lol

And the Muslim woman who voted for Trump doesn't seem to be able to explain things well........like she thinks Liberals are mean to stupid people?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
And the Muslim woman who voted for Trump doesn't seem to be able to explain things well........like she thinks Liberals are mean to stupid people?

I sought out this thread to say pretty much that. The woman was speaking nonsense. Trump has been priding himself on doing everything he has said in the campaign and she has the gall to say we take him too literally

That lady needs to get her head out of her ass.

Someone didn't tell Bill that Kyrie Irving and Draymond Green were probably messing with reporters and don't actually believe the flat Earth stuff? lol

I don't think Kyrie was trolling.

J_Viper

It won't happen, but it'd be great if they chopped the first half of the show out completely.

The writing during the monologue is always mediocre at best, and Bill just isn't good at one-on-one interviews.

And this new structure isn't working. Why not have Tapper on the panel?

NYR

Since the show has come back this year, I've hated it. Watched bill for a decade, this stuff sucks. Way too much pandering, the double interviews are trash, whiny panelists, group think, bad jokes.

Friday was a disaster, two panelists was dumb. The show always tanks after the second interview.

rjc571

Banned
Fantastic panel tonight and fantastic pre-interview with Al Gore as well... shame he trotted out Ralph Reed and brought the entire show screeching to a halt. I mean it's great to hear voices from both ends of the political spectrum engage in debate, but when people like Reed come on and do nothing but deflect and spew disingenuous bullshit, they add no value to the program. I did enjoy watching him get dismantled on Overtime, but he didn't even participate with the rest of the panel for the first segment he was brought on, which made the whole thing entirely unwatchable.

Fantastic panel tonight and fantastic pre-interview with Al Gore as well... shame he trotted out Ralph Reed and brought the entire show screeching to a halt. I mean it's great to hear voices from both ends of the political spectrum engage in debate, but when people like Reed come on and do nothing but deflect and spew disingenuous bullshit, they add no value to the program. I did enjoy watching him get dismantled on Overtime, but he didn't even participate with the rest of the panel for the first segment he was brought on, which made the whole thing entirely unwatchable.

Seriously, that was such a waste of fucking time. He got nothing out of that Evangelist asshole. So you want to be tax exempt and be political? Fuck you.

Farmboy

Was late catching up with this. Have now.

Seriously, that was such a waste of fucking time. He got nothing out of that Evangelist asshole. So you want to be tax exempt and be political? Fuck you.

Reed's a piece of shit to be sure, but I found that segment to be quite enlightening. Had long wondered about the mental gymnastics of the Evangelists supporting the most vulgar President ever. Reed laid them out clear as day: he's just a huge opportunist willing to let anything slide for control of the Supreme Court, using bu-bu-bu-Hillary as a catch-all counter argument.

Btw, I understand why Bill (and others during Overtime) would try to point out the false equivalencies in all these Hillary attacks, but at this point I'd rather they'd just say: Look, even if what she did was 'as bad' (which it obviously isn't), she's not president. He is, so try to defend him instead of attacking her you lowlife hypocrite. Maybe not actually say the last part on air.

Top Bottom