• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

///PATRIOT

Banned
This is a hard one.

Platform: Playstation 1.
Genre: Japanese RPG.

My memories are so vague about this game, there was like 8 heroes, at the start of the game you can play with each one of them, but every hero starts in a different place, maybe timeline. I also remember that characters are draw like mini cartoons similar to final fantasy.

Jucksalbe

Banned
This is a hard one.

My memories are so vague about this game, there was like 8 heroes, at the start of the game you can play with each one of them, but every hero starts in a different place, maybe timeline. I also remember that characters are draw like mini cartoons similar to final fantasy.

SaGa Frontier, maybe?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
;-)
Always thought it was funny how the game tried to give a message against the use of drugs by featuring them as....Power ups.
IIRC they were supposed to make another, alcohol themed but that might be me imagining things, or magazines back then just making stuff up.

They apparently made a sex ed game aimed at children, teaching the kids about BDSM and gangbangs amongst regular sex. Understandably the game didn't sit well with some people :p

Bamboo

This is a hard one.

Seiken Densetsu 3 by any chance? I know it's for the SNES, but it somewhat sounds like it. And its graphics are so darn impressive, it's not far behind some PS1 titles.

febLey

Played a Bomberman Clone on PC with my brother.
I'm pretty sure it had the word pyro in it's name, but I couldn't find something.
I think there was a map that looked like a garden with flowers and snails.

Waveset

Asking for a mate.....

Game he played on the Spectrum, was some sort of futuristic racer, cockpit view, horizon had city in it. Fuel was factored into the game play.

May have something to do with Quicksilver.

Asking for a mate.....

Game he played on the Spectrum, was some sort of futuristic racer, cockpit view, horizon had city in it. Fuel was factored into the game play.

May have something to do with Quicksilver.

Glass? - It's more of a shooter though but there's another game i can't get the name of but i can picture it. Gimme a moment...

edit: yeah, if it's quicksilver then they were most likely thinking of Glass. The game blew me away when i first saw it so it's cemented in my mind forever :)

Waveset

Glass? - It's more of a shooter though but there's another game i can't get the name of but i can picture it. Gimme a moment...

edit: yeah, if it's quicksilver then they were most likely thinking of Glass. The game blew me away when i first saw it so it's cemented in my mind forever :)

Ed you fucking legend, that's it!

jimboton

There was, what I believe to be, a DOS adventure game I had when I was young I only have fleeting memories of. I would have played it in the mid 90s along with the better looking version of Mixed-Up Mother Goose and the Peter Pan adventure game with paintbrushes but I remember it having a cruder look than those titles so it was probably older than either.

I recall the game having a side scrolling perspective where the player character is in a stone castle with green vines that also had large paintings. Not much to go on...

It's a long shot but, Eternam? Even longer shot: Drascula? (with 's')

mclem

I'm looking for a PC football (soccer) manager type game from the late '90s, possibly by a German software house as I seem to remember GMBH being on the box. I think you could have direct control of your players during certain parts of games like free kicks, but I most remember the economic side of the game as you could buy apartments and the like and do goofy things like bribe the ref. All in all, it was a terrible game but I'd love to know what it was.

The bungs make me think it might have been one of the Ultimate Soccer Manager family - or possibly a title from the other software houses mentioned in the top of that Wikipedia page (it says it was poorly-recieved in Germany due to similarities to titles from those companies)

mclem

There was, what I believe to be, a DOS adventure game I had when I was young I only have fleeting memories of. I would have played it in the mid 90s along with the better looking version of Mixed-Up Mother Goose and the Peter Pan adventure game with paintbrushes but I remember it having a cruder look than those titles so it was probably older than either.

I recall the game having a side scrolling perspective where the player character is in a stone castle with green vines that also had large paintings. Not much to go on...

Just as a very outside guess, I wonder if there's a possibility that you're thinking of the interior portions of Drakkhen?

lazyguy

Maze of Kings?

OH MAN that's it. Wow I really remember the guns looking way different. I liked the design of the mummies a lot. Thanks for finding this one for me. Crazy to see it again.
Since it's not available anywhere on consoles I going to have to look into downloading a ROM and testing it.

The bungs make me think it might have been one of the Ultimate Soccer Manager family - or possibly a title from the other software houses mentioned in the top of that Wikipedia page (it says it was poorly-recieved in Germany due to similarities to titles from those companies)

Yeah, I vaguely remember that game, I might have confused the bribes with a review I read for it, but I think I found the one I meant, which was indeed by Software 2000-

No, it wasn't that (that game actually looks quite good...), but while searching for it, I found two candidates. This Youtube video looked very familiar, and I think the game is actually either Total Football Management or Football Limited, both English-language entries in the Bundesliga Manager series. I haven't managed to find any videos for it, but the box for Total Football does look similar to what I remember, so I think it's that one- thanks for putting me on the right track :)

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I could really use some help on this one. I've tried searching everything I can possibly think of and I cannot find this game. I'm not sure googling can get this one since a few of the related games barely exist on google.

Here's what I know:
-PC
-Math or Word game. Might have been both, a CD for each. Edutainment.
-Windows 95 - 2000, somewhere in there. Not dos IIRC.
-Pretty sure it was a tie in game with an edutainment PC game bundle with a bunch of PC games in big purple cardboard box. Other games in the pack were Tuneland, Lenny's Multimedia Circus, Mario's Time Machine re-release, and a couple others? Why I remember this detail I have no idea.
-Protecting a grid from invaders by solving problems. The invaders were either evil robots or zorky type things. I think there was a mastermind main opponent?
-Game played on a grid, the grid did not take up the whole screen. There was information and possibly options on the left and right.
-I think the grid was a city and you were protecting the city. Maybe they were vacuuming up tiles and destroying city blocks? Or eating them?
-The jewel case cover sorta looks like math blasters cover but I could be wrong on that.
-It was a survival game and if you weren't fast enough you died.
-2D sprites, not 3D. Not EGA/Dos looking, but not rounded like mobile games style.

What it is not:
-Math blasters
-Math mission
-mighty math
-number munchers

I remember finding this game actually sorta fun.

bomblord1

Banned
I'm trying to remember the name of a Mickey Mouse Game.

It was on the SNES and I very distinctly remember there were different powerups that manifested as different suits for Mickey. One that stuck out to me because I always found it the funnest was a vaccum. It was also really short. Short enough that I could finish the game in one sitting.

Phediuk

It was on the SNES and I very distinctly remember there were different powerups that manifested as different suits for Mickey. One that stuck out to me because I always found it the funnest was a vaccum. It was also really short. Short enough that I could finish the game in one sitting.

Magical Quest

Jucksalbe

Banned

That's "The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey & Minnie" (Magical Quest 2).

This is a game that I remember being in development a couple of years ago, but I don't remember if it came out or not. It's a sidescroller featuring an anthropomorphic cat. It is not Unravel. It's a cartoony game where the main character is returning to his hometown. The levels shown in the trailer take place at dusk or night. It's supposed to deal with themes of introversion or something else.

bomblord1

Banned
This is a game that I remember being in development a couple of years ago, but I don't remember if it came out or not. It's a sidescroller featuring an anthropomorphic cat. It is not Unravel. It's a cartoony game where the main character is returning to his hometown. The levels shown in the trailer take place at dusk or night. It's supposed to deal with themes of introversion or something else.

Night in the woods?
leafy_pics1.jpg

There was this OXBOX shooter that had a name that started with P and I cannot remember the name of it. All I can remember from it was it had a beam gun and the setting was in the future. The character was an escaped convict that had to clear his name or whatever.
There was health orbs and then the later game had demons and you were on a train or some shit. I can't remember it exactly.

One of the mods here made a thread about it long ways back.

I heard it was on Steam?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
There was this OXBOX shooter that had a name that started with P and I cannot remember the name of it. All I can remember from it was it had a beam gun and the setting was in the future. The character was an escaped convict that had to clear his name or whatever.
There was health orbs and then the later game had demons and you were on a train or some shit. I can't remember it exactly.

One of the mods here made a thread about it long ways back.

I heard it was on Steam?

Could be Pariah.

I'm trying to remember a game I heard of from a podcast

It's a PC game (indie maybe ?) where you play as someone who's working for another totalitarian country which is outsourcing its surveillance work force, and you have to spy on the citizens via their phones, social media, and eventually denounce them to the government.

Thanks !

mclem

It's a PC game (indie maybe ?) where you play as someone who's working for another totalitarian country which is outsourcing its surveillance work force, and you have to spy on the citizens via their phones, social media, and eventually denounce them to the government.

Thanks !

Orwell?

Thanks !

Beholder: every choice has a consequence?

Edit: Sounds like Orwell. Beholder is similarly themed.

This is a game from my childhood...

I think it mightve been an MMO...from what I remember, it was in 2.5d similar to Donkey Kong Country...featuring cavemen...you could build things in the environment a la Super Mario Maker...

The one thing I am confident on is that it had a demo of sorts...mustve been a shareware game of sorts

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Thanks !
Papers Please?

This is a game from my childhood...
Assuming you mean to say this to place the game in time, this isn't helpful since we don't know how old you are. :p

Tunavi

Banned
Old computer game on a floppy disk. An over world view of a wizard with a blue hat. When enemies attacked you they would fucking storm you like crazy for a turn based battle. Any ideas?

iidesuyo

Played a Bomberman Clone on PC with my brother.
I'm pretty sure it had the word pyro in it's name, but I couldn't find something.
I think there was a map that looked like a garden with flowers and snails.

Dynablaster?

Though that was only a renamed Bomberman.

I remember a game from Atari ST or DOS an rpg with a first person view like dungeon master or might and magic yet the theme was more like fallout in that it was some goofy post-apocalyptic nightmare.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Maybe someone can help here. I remember a game as a kid i think it was !aster system possibly megadrive, only played it 1 time at a friends. It was a platform type game and you played as a dinosaure i think a small t-rex, pretty sure it was coop aswell and you wpuld be a diff colour t-rex. I have no idea what its called, anyone know?

Maybe someone can help here. I remember a game as a kid i think it was !aster system possibly megadrive, only played it 1 time at a friends. It was a platform type game and you played as a dinosaure i think a small t-rex, pretty sure it was coop aswell and you wpuld be a diff colour t-rex. I have no idea what its called, anyone know?

Radical Rex or Dinosaur For Hire?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

dino city?

Top Bottom