• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: Reveal Trailer At 11 PM PDT, March 26th

RoKKeR

Apparently BF4 was trending worldwide a few minutes ago, and it hasn't even been revealed to the public yet.

There's a lot of anticipation for this event.

What if halfway through this serious business CoD scriptedness, you start hearing bickering in the background "no don't touch that lever" and suddenly a loud *THUNK* reverberates as the wall Irish and his BF dudebros are standing in front of slowly starts tipping over, flattening them all, to reveal a tank having reversed into the wall. Sarge says: "God damn it Haggard..."

Cut to this and various humor and open-ishworld shenanigans from there.

:(

Odrion

Banned
I'd rather see ten seconds of multiplayer than 17 minutes of a inconsequential singleplayer campaign. It may as well be CG.

nib95

Banned
Yeah, you're right. The scripted moments in the campaign are going to so much more exciting. I might as well pop in a Michael Bay war flick.

But at least because they're scripted there'll be more spectacle, better visuals, a better insight in to the tech, characters, narrative and graphics etc.

McLovin

First reveal has to wow people. You can't really do that with some random mp match. They are gonna show off some set piece(s), probably the right move IMO.

lol 17 minutes of MP does NOT work for a press event. You guys need to get out of the gamer mindset and into the media mindset. 17 minutes of straight multiplayer would be boring for anyone who isn't familiar with the BF games.
Presentations like this are always SP because SP works best for them. They're structured for it both narratively and in their pacing

the whole purpose of the trailer is to display the improved graphics engine and to build hype. so it makes more sense to show SP gameplay. You guys can get your MP fix later. sheesh.

Persona86

Banned
First reveal has to wow people. You can't really do that with some random mp match. They are gonna show off some set piece(s), probably the right move IMO.

Aren't most people more interested in the MP thou?

But it's probably going to be single player, because there's a reason they release beta's for multilayer, they are usually not ready to show off until close to launch.

nib95

Banned
You guys are joking right?

No. Don't get me wrong, I'll take those 17 minutes of MP gameplay and likely enjoy it, but for me it's not as much of a show case of what next gen has to offer, since MP visuals are usually always slightly downgraded from the single player component, and more importantly, a lesser showcase of the engine/tech capabilities. That and from an entertainment and narrative, spectacle and atmosphere standpoint, it just won't be nearly as engrossing.

But at least because they're scripted there'll be more spectacle, better visuals, a better insight in to the tech, characters, narrative and graphics etc.
A video of this length is going to be narrated, so that's a plus I suppose. They might mention multiplayer details.

izt_is

Banned
Were the leaked images posted? Gonna post again anyway. Gameplay will be SP obviously judging by these and it looks fantastic
battlefield-4-screenshot-2.jpg

Battlefield-4-screenshot.jpg

SsmapCIh.jpg

Third Image:

Possible custom stocks? That looks like a Mk46 Mod0 with M4 Buttstock

Had over 650 hours in BC2, I was so unbelievably hyped for BF3. I hated it, probably the most disappointing game of all time for me. I have no faith that EA/DICE will be able to turn the ship around. And why would they? BF3 was a huge success afaik.

RIP BF

As perfect as watching grass grow. There's a map and 2 teams are shooting each other, amazing.

I wouldn't expect anything else from someone who enjoys MMA. Certified bad taste through and through.

sant

Why would you want to watch someone else play multiplayer for 17 minutes? I'd rather have a multiplayer trailer over a single player one, sure. But not gameplay footage. Seems better suited to the campaign.

Why would I be joking? I don't give two cents about MP.

Ok, but this is Battlefield...

No. Don't get me wrong, I'll take those 17 minutes of MP gameplay and likely enjoy it, but for me it's not as much of a show case of what next gen has to offer, since MP visuals are usually always slightly downgraded from the single player component, and more importantly, a lesser showcase of the engine/tech capabilities. That and from an entertainment and narrative, spectacle and atmosphere standpoint, it just won't be nearly as engrossing.

Fair enough, but what you would like to see is a next gen show case, whereas what I would like to see is essentially the game.

I'm perplexed at how many people are looking forward to seeing single player gameplay. This is Battlefield. The single player is like a disgusting dip with that comes with your food and gets thrown away.

Top Bottom